X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The Great Trump Unknown

If you took Andrew Jackson's disruption, Teddy Roosevelt's spontaneous energy and PT Barnum's salesmanship and combined them into one person you have Donald Trump. If the political establishment don't like him they just have themselves to thank. They created a situation where the American people were completely fed up with politicians so they put a non-politician in office. If the Democrats don't like it well then, they should have thought twice before throwing their primary election winner Bernie Sanders under the bus and running a criminal like Hillary. Also alienating your working class base was a huge mistake. The Democrats have only themselves to blame for their loss and being the children they are oh the big bad bear is responsible. Yeah I guess Putin ate the homework too. So now the result is fear and panic. Fear and panic as a result of being a bunch of assholes and 98% of the counties in this country were tired of the assholes. So they put in the biggest asshole ever. A ruthless asshole but an asshole who seems to get shit done. Maybe Michael Moore is partially right in his analysis. It was the American people flipping the establishment the middle finger. Trump is the big FUCK YOU! We were going down regardless and maybe seeing some fear and panic just makes the ride down into the abyss more entertaining. We have a real debt bubble that needs to deleverage. We have an aging population. We are doubling our national debt every eight years and currently it's at $20 Trillion. Of course nobody gives a damn unless they are personally affected negatively by it all. Welcome to the me generation of crying snowflakes.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-27-2017, 12:10 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

I'm not sure if your analogy is correct or not but I think the main reason president Trump won the election is because a lot of people didn't like the fact the powers that be decided Hillary Clinton was going to be our next president whether we liked it or not. The Dems didn't count on Bernie Sanders being so popular and neither party figured Trump had a snowball's chance in Hell of winning. They were both wrong.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I'm not sure if your analogy is correct or not but I think the main reason president Trump won the election is because a lot of people didn't like the fact the powers that be decided Hillary Clinton was going to be our next president whether we liked it or not. The Dems didn't count on Bernie Sanders being so popular and neither party figured Trump had a snowball's chance in Hell of winning. They were both wrong.
      When you have a very popular candidate who won the primary fair and square and throw him under the bus for a crooked insider yeah you tend to lose votes that way. What put Trump over the top was the working class people voted for him. The silent majority as some like to say. Well it just goes to show you anything can still happen in an election and really, good old fashioned campaigning still works. Bernie proved it and Trump proved it.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        When you have a very popular candidate who won the primary fair and square and throw him under the bus for a crooked insider yeah you tend to lose votes that way. What put Trump over the top was the working class people voted for him. The silent majority as some like to say. Well it just goes to show you anything can still happen in an election and really, good old fashioned campaigning still works. Bernie proved it and Trump proved it.
        Sanders didn't win, fair or square. Yes, Hillary's DNC were cunts to him but the majority of delegates were always supporting Clinton....

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Sanders didn't win, fair or square. Yes, Hillary's DNC were cunts to him but the majority of delegates were always supporting Clinton....
          Since I didn't really care about the Democratic Primaries I bought into Ford's they screwed Bernie with super delegates story without looking at the numbers myself.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Yeah. The DNC have super delegates as part of their rules. That being said Bernie got the popular vote. Now if the vote of the people doesn't matter why even have a primary election? What's the point? They were going to run Hillary the whole time but at least Bernie got a beach house for his trouble of running. Ha! Ha! But what was the impact of throwing Bernie under the bus? It pissed off a lot of people and they didn't vote for Hillary so she lost.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Since I didn't really care about the Democratic Primaries I bought into Ford's they screwed Bernie with super delegates story without looking at the numbers myself.
              Bernie is a maniac. I was hoping he was really going to throw down and use his masses of useful idiots for impact. Instead he took the payoff and proved he was nothing more than the typical politician.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Yeah. The DNC have super delegates as part of their rules. That being said Bernie got the popular vote. Now if the vote of the people doesn't matter why even have a primary election? What's the point? They were going to run Hillary the whole time but at least Bernie got a beach house for his trouble of running. Ha! Ha! But what was the impact of throwing Bernie under the bus? It pissed off a lot of people and they didn't vote for Hillary so she lost.
                If neither party is obligated to nominate the winner of their primaries why should we even have them? I think we should let the political parties choose who they want to nominate and let them pay for the process. Shit can the electoral college bullshit too. Letting the electoral college members vote for whoever they want instead of who they pledged to vote for is like telling voters their opinion isn't relevant.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

If neither party is obligated to nominate the winner of their primaries why should we even have them? I think we should let the political parties choose who they want to nominate and let them pay for the process. Shit can the electoral college bullshit too. Letting the electoral college members vote for whoever they want instead of who they pledged to vote for is like telling voters their opinion isn't relevant.
                  Some states have laws that require their electors to vote the way the public voted. Without the electoral college only a few big cities would decide who the president is. That brings us back to the argument the founding fathers had regarding the most populous colonies having all the political pull so they came up with a system that made things more equal like each state having an equal vote in the senate. Democrats want to get rid of the electoral college because if that went away they would win every presidential election. Make no mistake. If the Repubicans were guaranteed a win without the electoral college they would be all for getting rid of it. I say keep it. It's what we have used and neither the Republicans or Democrats have had a monopoly on the presidency. It keeps thing more even.

You hear all this talk about us being a democracy. We aren't a democracy because majority rules becomes a tyranny against the minorities and a republic is set up to protect everyone regardless of whether they have a majority vote or not. We don't want two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. Sure you can vote and the electoral college takes those votes into consideration but the electoral college gives the small states more of a voice. Without the electoral college they wouldn't even matter. It would be a democracy with the big states having all the say.

In fact, this election is the only time I really heard a big complaint over how we have had elections. Nobody really was making a big stink over the electoral college until now. But then you have states full of people seriously talking about leaving the union now. Sounds like a lot of people just want to dump the whole system and go their own way.
                  Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-28-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

One problem and this happened with the Brexit thing over here is that a lot of people genuinely thought that things could not get any worse so fuck it lets see what happens if I vote for this other thing.

These people wouldn't have done that of they knew more about history and had more imagination.

Things can always get worse...

The lesser of two evils is still less evil.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      One problem and this happened with the Brexit thing over here is that a lot of people genuinely thought that things could not get any worse so fuck it lets see what happens if I vote for this other thing.

These people wouldn't have done that of they knew more about history and had more imagination.

Things can always get worse...

The lesser of two evils is still less evil.
                      The UK will replace Germany and become the economic leader of Europe. The only people who benefit from the EU are the bankers who engineered it. It's all about consolidating power and the local people lose control over what is going on because their local officials have been stripped of any real authority. The British Pound Sterling will still be around after the Euro is toast. In the long run Brexit will be a good thing. Mainland Europe is becoming more and more a basket case. Germany has really fucked itself.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The UK will replace Germany and become the economic leader of Europe. The only people who benefit from the EU are the bankers who engineered it. It's all about consolidating power and the local people lose control over what is going on because their local officials have been stripped of any real authority. The British Pound Sterling will still be around after the Euro is toast. In the long run Brexit will be a good thing. Mainland Europe is becoming more and more a basket case. Germany has really fucked itself.
                        Ahh these are some of those new 'alternative facts' that are being used nowadays.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Ahh these are some of those new 'alternative facts' that are being used nowadays.
                          Who can you trust to be honest about anything nowadays? It's obvious the media is full of shit. Politicians are full of shit. Corporate spokesmen are full of shit. For every fact nowadays there seems to be an alternate fact.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It was a wash. I preferred Bernie but Hillary had more support from minorities than Bernie did, so she lost some of the youth vote but Bernie would have lost some of the minority support...

But then Hillary should be the president then, it's interesting how you talk out of two sides of your mouth that the Electoral system is the greatest thing ever even though it's a relic of the past and the fear that uneducated, unwashed masses needed proctors to insulate the presidency against a potential madman or populist dictator-king. Welp, it's a bit ironic now. The populace is vastly more education than they once were when illiteracy was probably shared by the majority of the population in the 1700's..

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Who can you trust to be honest about anything nowadays? It's obvious the media is full of shit. Politicians are full of shit. Corporate spokesmen are full of shit. For every fact nowadays there seems to be an alternate fact.
                              So basically the "facts" are what uneducated, stupid people want to believe. Like logic and verifiable facts should be based in relativism...

Did "the media" just make up the inauguration photos? Did millions of illegals actually "vote" even though there has never been a single case of voter fraud ever brought up? I mean, it's fucking ludicrous...
                              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-29-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...