PDA

View Full Version : Michael Anthony's Infant Grandson Died

Nickdfresh
05-02-2017, 08:20 PM
I was gonna post about Anthony sadly losing his grandson to heart complications, my condolences to him and his family:

Main story LINK here. (http://www.vhnd.com/2017/05/02/roth-donates-to-anthonys-cause/)

Donation LINK here. (http://connect.chla.org/site/TR/WalkLA/WalkTeamRaiser?px=1263001&pg=personal&fr_id=1070)
http://www.vhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/DaveMike_640.jpg
David Lee Roth is the top donor so far on the page...

FORD
05-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Damn that sucks. Condolences to the Sobolewski family. :(

And a slow painful death to the sheep on that website's comment section who are trying to crap all over Dave's donation. Some of those Hagar humpers have no shame at all.

DavidLeeNatra
05-03-2017, 12:58 AM
I can't find a "The Three Twins" or "Best Pal Sam" Donation...class act Dave. And one can only imagine the grief over that loss in MA's family.

Heater
05-03-2017, 06:17 AM
Dave could have donated anonymously and then reached out to Mike privately but I suppose he has his reasons for doing it more publicly.

Terry
05-03-2017, 09:22 AM
I've gotten the feeling that since the '85 split the various factions of Van Halen resort to giving each other compliments, criticisms or expressions of support via public statements.

I'd tend not to read anything else into Dave's public donation beyond what it was, mostly because - according to both Roth and Anthony - Dave and Mike really haven't spoken more than a few times since Dave split from the group over 30 years ago. Like, I don't think there were any ulterior motives for Dave to make the donation: 10k in Roth money would be like a hundred bucks to you or me, and I'd like to think I would have done the same thing in similar circumstances.

Nickdfresh
05-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Dave could have donated anonymously and then reached out to Mike privately but I suppose he has his reasons for doing it more publicly.

Maybe, but it sure sets the bar higher on donation levels. Doesn't it? It also increases publicity for the event itself...

Jérôme Frenchise
05-03-2017, 01:52 PM
How much money does it take to heal the pain of losing a child?

DavidLeeNatra
05-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Things happen in life that put anything else to rest. Remember Dave's statement when he heard about ed's cancer.

No matter what happened, you show class and respect in these moments.

Dan
05-05-2017, 05:56 AM
I Love The Sheep Pen put me in it..

Done.:)

Nickdfresh
05-05-2017, 12:58 PM
I thought bleater was already there rolling in his own feces...

Heater
05-05-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't a nice gesture, but your hero is a calculating fella and there was probably a method to his madness. Sorry I ruffled some feathers, but what should I expect from people who refer to another man as "The Diamond One".

ZahZoo
05-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Tragic loss for Mike's family... There is no greater pain than losing a child. All else pales...

Seshmeister
05-06-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't a nice gesture, but your hero is a calculating fella and there was probably a method to his madness. Sorry I ruffled some feathers, but what should I expect from people who refer to another man as "The Diamond One".

Interesting that The Hagar Foundation only donated 10% of the Roth donation and did that publicly too.

I'll defend Roth on this one because if you monitor google and the internet in general this wasn't news until Roth's donation which was reported on countless websites. I assume this isn't about raising $30k or whatever since Anthony could easily and no doubt will make a donation that size, publicity is key and Dave's donation did that.

If there is any shit to be thrown on this, Hagar's donation for his great friends cause was paltry considering his huge wealth. It would be like you throwing a single dollar in.

Heater
05-08-2017, 07:53 PM
"....publicity is key and Dave's donation did that." Yes it did. Dave did a nice thing and made sure people knew about it.

DavidLeeNatra
05-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Michael was on Trunk's radio show. He had nothing but nice words about Dave and confirmed that the donation came from him.

FORD
05-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Now Bleater will have to talk shit about Mikey too. :flock:

cadaverdog
05-15-2017, 03:21 PM
I see some things never change. Condolences to Mike and his family. I personally aplaud everyone who donated or plans to donate to this worthy cause. My sister spent many nights and days in Children's Hospital in LA. If not for them I doubt she would have lived as long as she did.

Heater
05-15-2017, 05:13 PM
Now Bleater will have to talk shit about Mikey too. :flock:

Why would I? That makes no sense. I image you will continue to shit him up until Ed decides he likes him again, then you will do the same. Sheep.

Nickdfresh
05-15-2017, 06:40 PM

Not sure who you're referring to or if you're just an ignorant "lumper", but FFS I've never said nor referred to him as "TDO"...