PDA

View Full Version : Who is the bigger draw? DLR!!!!

Carmine
07-07-2004, 09:47 AM
OK, here is the question.How many people has the current tour drawn so far? I would like to know, because in one night, for only 2 songs DAVID LEE ROTH played in front of 500,000 plus. He is not touring, his latest disc is over a year old, STILL CBS books him to play at a nationally televised event! Now, I ask again WHO is the BIGGER draw?

:donkey:

diamond den™
07-07-2004, 09:57 AM
YEPPERS!!!!! :D

Carmine
07-07-2004, 10:06 AM
will they draw 500,000 for this entire tour? I dont think so! My friends, the performance witnessed by MILLIONS on Sunday evening is proof, beyond any doubt,who the MAN is! They (van hagar) had to be watching. shhhh, sam, can you hear it? its the sound of the waboritas warming up. They saw DLR on tv too and know it wont be long before your back playing with them. Its only a matter of time...

EmpyreLounge44
07-07-2004, 10:07 AM
they booked him cause steven tyler didnt want to do it....500,000 were not there to see DLR, they happened to see him but they were not there for him....jesus, you act like DLR was the reason people were there....take him away and how many people are there....still 500,000.

Carmine
07-07-2004, 10:14 AM
I see you are from Boston. Were you there?

EmpyreLounge44
07-07-2004, 10:16 AM
i was in fact there, i have gone every year since i have been up here

Carmine
07-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
i was in fact there, i have gone every year since i have been up here

ok then. was it not a great performance? my reason for posting numbers is simple: Dave was seen in all his glory by 500,000 live and by millions of viewers at home. It is a great thing for someone who many have said " his career is over". If it was, sunday night it was certainly given a "JUMP" start!

EmpyreLounge44
07-07-2004, 10:29 AM
he sounded good, but it was kinda sad. very nostalgia and not really the triumph that everyone here is talking about. many of the people around were laughing at the kicks and the martial arts moves...it was just very very cheesy and kinda was painful to watch someone you like, get dogged by the majority of the people around you.

Towelie™
07-07-2004, 10:33 AM
You wanna get High????

Carmine
07-07-2004, 11:06 AM
he sounded good, but it was kinda sad. very nostalgia and not really the triumph that everyone here is talking about. many of the people around were laughing at the kicks and the martial arts moves...it was just very very cheesy and kinda was painful to watch someone you like, get dogged by the majority of the people around you.

I thought he got a great crowd response... sounded good on tv! those who you say dogged him, fuck em! I view it as a triumph for the reasons i posted earlier: no tour, no cd, but still they had him. As he was announced," who remembers 1977 and the band Van Halen? and the guy who came out in front and changed the face of rock and roll forever! isnt van halen touring right now? right they arent, van hagar is, but that announcement of "do you remember Van Halen" was perfect!

ZahZoo
07-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Dave did an excellent performance in Boston.

To assume that CBS had in any way considered Dave -vs- Van Hagar as a selection for the 4th entertainment is purely dilusional at best. The simple fact is they wanted to balance a traditional classical performance with something that would have wide appeal to largest demographic... no not rock fans... baby-boomers. Dave doing California Girls and Jump was just edgy enough and safe enough to foot the bill for the audience. Any younger/harder edge performers would have been out of place there.

It was a good nod though toward Dave being a good slice of Americana, which he is and represents a good side of our culture... living large and taking no prisoners!! No better choice in my book.

But the reality of the situation is the reformation of Van Hagar and the nostalgia tour was not even a remote consideration let alone a brain fart in the CBS boardroom. Odds are even better that Dave living and playing around in the social scene in the NorthEast probably has a lot more to do with his involvement with the Boston Pop than anything Van Halen related.

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DLRoswegony
OK, here is the question.How many people has the current tour drawn so far? I would like to know, because in one night, for only 2 songs DAVID LEE ROTH played in front of 500,000 plus. He is not touring, his latest disc is over a year old, STILL CBS books him to play at a nationally televised event! Now, I ask again WHO is the BIGGER draw?

Are you seriously this dumb?

Put Dave on tour playing his van halen covers at clubs like the house Of Blues, and then have Van Halen at the Arena. Figure it out retard.

ALinChainz
07-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Put Sammy on a solo tour and Dave back in the band and then what do you have.

You are seriously a professional asshole.

ULTRAMAN VH
07-07-2004, 12:53 PM
We can go over this a million times and the sheep and the sisters will never get it. DLR is the bigger draw. Unlike Mr. Hagar, DLR has entertainment value and gets people excited, The VH tour would be selling out stadiums with Roth out front. And pardon me Mr. Lounge but I didn't see anything wrong with Dave jumping around and throwing kicks in the air. What was he supposed to do, stand there like a zombie. The crowd really got energized at that point, and cheered very loudly with his baton twirling. You can't go wrong when you have great music and a charismatic frontman. Steven Tyler would have been jumping around and energizing the crowd also, and he is older than Roth. Aww c'mon Empyrelounge, give Dave a break.

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz

fuck off dude. Read the facts, he is aying becusae Dave was on the pops, hes a bigger draw than Van halen with sammy.

So suck a cock and go listen to alice in chains, since they rock soooooo hard.

Barf.

EmpyreLounge44
07-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
We can go over this a million times and the sheep and the sisters will never get it. DLR is the bigger draw. Unlike Mr. Hagar, DLR has entertainment value and gets people excited, The VH tour would be selling out stadiums with Roth out front. And pardon me Mr. Lounge but I didn't see anything wrong with Dave jumping around and throwing kicks in the air. What was he supposed to do, stand there like a zombie. The crowd really got energized at that point, and cheered very loudly with his baton twirling. You can't go wrong when you have great music and a charismatic frontman. Steven Tyler would have been jumping around and energizing the crowd also, and he is older than Roth. Aww c'mon Empyrelounge, give Dave a break.

I didnt think there was anything wrong with it...well I kinda did as I think its time for DLR to give up his "I want to be a Ninja" routine...i think cutting himself was the last straw on that tired bit. I was there, people were laughing at it. I know thats DLR and part of what you get...I personally wasnt slaggin on him for it, but a lot of people were

MAX
07-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
go listen to alice in chains, since they rock soooooo hard.

LMAO!!! Another spectacular post brought to you by the same person who's seen Phish two hundred times!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, and they "rock!"

Double dog barf back at you!!!! :p

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by MAX
LMAO!!! Another spectacular post brought to you by the same person who's seen Phish two hundred times!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, and they "rock!"

Double dog barf back at you!!!! :p

Name another band that can sell 100,000 tix for one show?

Moron.

Name one Phish song.

MAX
07-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Name one Phish song.

Proudly I cannot because any time my brother plays one when he comes over I turn it off!!!

I do know they covered "Runnin With The Devil" though. Funny they didn't choose a Spam song to cover eh?

That's a double "moron" back at you.

ALinChainz
07-07-2004, 01:27 PM
fuck off dude. Read the facts, he is aying becusae Dave was on the pops, hes a bigger draw than Van halen with sammy.

Barf.

I'm really starting to think you're gay.

Always talking about sucking a cock.

You have made it quite clear that you don't like real hard rock music at all.

Ladies and Gentleman,

Power Ballad Fairy Boy, LSD.

EmpyreLounge44
07-07-2004, 01:40 PM
nothing wrong with alice or phish for that matter...both good bands for their genre...Layne, what a waste of talent that was

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Proudly I cannot because any time my brother plays one when he comes over I turn it off!!!

I do know they covered "Runnin With The Devil" though. Funny they didn't choose a Spam song to cover eh?

That's a double "moron" back at you.

Maybe you could use some advice from your brother.

MAX
07-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks but I'll have to pass on that one. :D

dysfunction
07-07-2004, 02:12 PM

Please, you can't be this dumb. Dave wasn't the reason all those people were there. If that were the case he would be playing major venues across the country instead of at barbeque restaurants. I saw the performance. I will admit his voice isn't as bad as I thought it was, but give me a break he didn't put on a great performance. He walked around the stage showing no energy, except when he did three kicks. They didn't even air California girls because the audience wasn't even into VAN HALEN'S song Jump, that he performed. Besides he was the fuckin opening act. What kind of shit is that?

Carmine
07-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH

yeah what he said....

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by dysfunction
Please, you can't be this dumb. Dave wasn't the reason all those people were there. If that were the case he would be playing major venues across the country instead of at barbeque restaurants. I saw the performance. I will admit his voice isn't as bad as I thought it was, but give me a break he didn't put on a great performance. He walked around the stage showing no energy, except when he did three kicks. They didn't even air California girls because the audience wasn't even into VAN HALEN'S song Jump, that he performed. Besides he was the fuckin opening act. What kind of shit is that?

Word!

Carmine
07-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Word!

here are 2...faaahhh que

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 02:48 PM
here are 2...faaahhh que

Those arent words rothtard.

Carmine
07-07-2004, 02:55 PM

you know, the rothtard thing is funny. all in fun L.S.D...

Golden AWe
07-07-2004, 02:57 PM
I didnt think there was anything wrong with it...well I kinda did as I think its time for DLR to give up his "I want to be a Ninja" routine...i think cutting himself was the last straw on that tired bit. I was there, people were laughing at it. I know thats DLR and part of what you get...I personally wasnt slaggin on him for it, but a lot of people were

How many of those people, who made fun of him, can get their kicks as high as Dave? How many of them can sing as good? Can you?

I bet none now, at the age of 50 even less!

Golden AWe
07-07-2004, 03:00 PM

Barf.

Ah, so you're making fun of Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell. You must be a moron.

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Ah, so you're making fun of Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell. You must be a moron.

Making fun of a crackhead who died from heroin? Yes I am.

ALinChainz
07-07-2004, 03:08 PM
So Hendrix, Joplin, all these artists that died, Bonzo, Steve Clark, etc, from addictions of one form or another, are losers huh?

You yourself have a drug dedicated user name, and have posted your love of valium.

What are you? Why are you here?

Golden AWe
07-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Layne Staley had a sad destiny in his life. His own father got him to do drugs and that's what killed him in the end. Besides, he made great music, had a cold voice up your spine. And that's what matters...

pete
07-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
Dave did an excellent performance in Boston.

To assume that CBS had in any way considered Dave -vs- Van Hagar as a selection for the 4th entertainment is purely dilusional at best. The simple fact is they wanted to balance a traditional classical performance with something that would have wide appeal to largest demographic... no not rock fans... baby-boomers. Dave doing California Girls and Jump was just edgy enough and safe enough to foot the bill for the audience. Any younger/harder edge performers would have been out of place there.

It was a good nod though toward Dave being a good slice of Americana, which he is and represents a good side of our culture... living large and taking no prisoners!! No better choice in my book.

But the reality of the situation is the reformation of Van Hagar and the nostalgia tour was not even a remote consideration let alone a brain fart in the CBS boardroom. Odds are even better that Dave living and playing around in the social scene in the NorthEast probably has a lot more to do with his involvement with the Boston Pop than anything Van Halen related.

100% accurate.

I would just like to say that the classic VH catalog is Dave's!

He owns it.

His band still can play it too!

YEEEAAAHHHH!

pete
07-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by dysfunction

He handled it in a dignified manor suitable to the venue.

you are a long-winded loser.

2 sentences and here's your ass.

flab and all.

pete
07-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Word!

ROFLMAO

you are such a pussy.

DaveIsKing
07-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Word!

Word???

What the fuck kind of 80s RUN-DMC DEAD "NIGGA" LINGO IS DAT FOO'??

I'll bet you have a poster of Mr.T on your fucking bedroom door.

pete
07-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
Word???

I'll bet you have a poster of Mr.T on your fucking bedroom door.

Naked of course.

LSD is a flamer!

guwapo_rocker
07-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Word!

Umm let's see...wanker comes to mind, another word would be loser,

oh and moron and doooofus and donner and blitzen.:rolleyes:

pete
07-07-2004, 09:38 PM
This is not a man.

Just a being with something comparable to a penis who rips ppl off for Van Hagar bootlegs.

tjvhou812
07-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz

why would you want dave back in the band.

i thought eddie alex and mike suck

POJO_Risin
07-07-2004, 09:58 PM
tj...tj...tj...

you thought eddie, alex and Michael suck...

dude...what's up with that...

I guess we do agree on something...;)

nice...

Big Troubles
07-07-2004, 10:02 PM
I dont want Dave back in the band... I want to go back in time and hunt Sammy down in 84, tell Eddie to put the beer down, flatten Al's car tire so he cant flake off across country instead of making tunes and teach Mike how to play bass. :D

Coyote
07-07-2004, 10:19 PM
This is the point where I just have to quote my friend:

"What the fucking hell makes David Lee Roth so fucking special?"

To which I usually say:

"The FACT that he is one of the greatest frontmen alive."

BARE BONE
07-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Steven Tyler couldn't do it so they could of asked ANYONE and look who they picked sheep. Not this FAG!!!

tjvhou812
07-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
I dont want Dave back in the band... I want to go back in time and hunt Sammy down in 84, tell Eddie to put the beer down, flatten Al's car tire so he cant flake off across country instead of making tunes and teach Mike how to play bass. :D

when your back there, tell dave to put the jack down,
and tell him that the beach boys suck,

never think about going solo
becuase it could fuck up his career

EddieFan4Ever
07-07-2004, 11:14 PM
they booked him cause steven tyler didnt want to do it....500,000 were not there to see DLR, they happened to see him but they were not there for him....jesus, you act like DLR was the reason people were there....take him away and how many people are there....still 500,000.

LOL...i love Dave as much as anyone. Having said that, i agree SOOOOO much with you on this!! Dave had ZERO to do with the attraction for that show. He got the gig after the first pick bailed. Now, i'm glad to see Dave on tv.....but let's all be real. Talk about tunnel vison.

BARE BONE
07-07-2004, 11:32 PM
At least Dave isn't out there ripping off his fans for money.

rockvanhalen66
07-08-2004, 01:38 AM
dave cant headline the big shows with out vanhalen.

Big Train
07-08-2004, 02:17 AM
You want to be REAL about this right? Ok, let's examine it. Something I have been railing against all week. Dave has been in purgatory from the mainstream for many years. Sure, if he plugged into VH again, instant acceptance. That much can't be argued.

What can and SHOULD be debated though, is the fact that in less than three minutes on TV, this "luck" of being called for the gig turned in to anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions of lids being flipped being reminded of how good he is. No media, no VH bullshit, nothing between him and the fans. By the reaction, and you would have to be a complete bouncing ball retard to have not seen it, was immense. The Boston Herald (as I have detailed in other threads) went from slagging him to putting him on the cover.

If he can build on this somehow, there is a good chance of much much better attendance for his future endeavors, not that it was lacking, but could spark up into that critical mass.

For VH, the arc is the other way. Who needs whom now....

rockvanhalen66
07-08-2004, 02:25 AM
if vh wanted dave they would have him . when ed tells him to jump dave will say how high boss.

Panamark
07-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Onya GA ! Well said Old Chap !

Bill Lumbergh
07-08-2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
if vh wanted dave they would have him . when ed tells him to jump dave will say how high boss.

You obviously know nothing about the history of Van Halen........Dave is the one who told everyone what to fucking do.....which is why they all resent him now. They should be thanking him for making them millionaires. Oh, and you're still a third rate sheep boy. Try harder.

Warham
07-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812

Dave couldn't have selected a better American pop group than the Beach Boys to cover.

You askin' for trouble by rippin' one of my fave bands.

:mad:

Jano
07-08-2004, 07:20 AM
-LSD you smell !:D

Jano
07-08-2004, 07:23 AM
Making fun of a crackhead who died from heroin? Yes I am.
-L.S.D for "lets suck dick",perfect for you!:lol:

Big Troubles
07-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812

I liked the solo project he did with CFTH and the videos that followed. It was Ed that got all upset and spazzy. Meanwhile Ed was already doing solo projects. I think the band should've just reconvened after CFTH. Nothing wrong with covering Beach Boys. Hell up until that point I dont think anyone was covering old to even older material like Dave was. That was one of the reasons it sold so fucking good.

ULTRAMAN VH
07-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey, Empyrelounge44 thanks for responding to my post without the use of expletives. Basically we can agree to disagree. I always liked Roth incorporating Martial Arts forms into his show, with or without VH. The guy is a consumate entertainer, and VH is lacking that element right now with Sammy fronting the band. I saw them both with Roth and Hagar out front. And I got my money's worth with the DLR era show. I hold nothing personal against Hagar. He is just not a good fit for this band. DLR era VH was Theater Rock at it's best. You really got the whole package when these 4 very different personalities hit the stage. Whether they hated each other or not, their onstage chemistry was extraordinary.

EmpyreLounge44
07-08-2004, 12:17 PM
ULTRAMAN VH you mother f'er... :) Yeah I basically know what you get with DLR, having seen him solo a few times, but never with VH other than the boots. I was only 5 or 6 when he left the band for good so all i have is videos. I just don't think his act has translated through the years...its like when I covered a Def Leppard in 2002...you could tell they were doing the same thing that they were doing 20 years earlier and it just turned the cheese factor way up for me. No matter how good the music is, its just kinda odd in a way to see it. Its hard to explain but it is just so cheesy to me to see a bunch of guys struggling to hang onto what they had. Id rather see something new and fresh than the same lines. While DLR is a better showman then Sammy, I think its apples to oranges. DLR brought that showmanship but Sammy, to me, brings more of a fan appeal. Its cheesy as hell to see Sammy wearing the stuff people throw onstage and everyone hear dogs him for it but thats a pretty cool thing to do, especially since he signs it and throws it back in the area where it came from...and sure enough it makes its way back to the original person. just that fan interaction created a pretty cool pocket on the floor where i was when i recently was at the philly show, the one that actually sold. From the boots I have there really isnt that pocket with DLR, other than the lines he uses in every boot i have. nothing wrong with either of them in my book

show. I hold nothing personal against Hagar. He is just not a good fit for this band. DLR era VH was Theater Rock at it's best. You really got the whole package when these 4 very different personalities hit the stage. Whether they hated each other or not, their onstage chemistry was extraordinary. [/B][/QUOTE]

rockvanhalen66
07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
You obviously know nothing about the history of Van Halen........Dave is the one who told everyone what to fucking do.....which is why they all resent him now. They should be thanking him for making them millionaires. Oh, and you're still a third rate sheep boy. Try harder. hey dick boy who is running shit now? if they wanted dave back he would go. ed and al play in vanhalen not dlr. they are the boss . im sure dave was running the whole show when in vh ok wake up. so your the one who has no clue about vh. by the way did you ever find the corner in that round room to take a shit ? take your face out of your ass you just might make sense every now and then. you are a bitch sheep. go clean your ass so dave can put a wolf gang guitar up in that shit hole of yours and play ice cream man........

Golden AWe
07-09-2004, 03:47 AM
:rolleyes: SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-09-2004, 04:00 AM
You are an idiot!