PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Eddie, Al and Mike...

General Hina
07-07-2004, 01:23 PM
I saw RUSH for the first time last night at the Hollywood Bowl and let me tell you...those guys can play. After seeing that type of musicianship while still having fun and putting on an awesome stage show it made me realize how sloppy and uninspired the VH shows have been.
Neil crushes Alex.
Geddy destroys Mike 1000 times over.
Alec was amazing and could teach Eddie a few tricks.
Has anyone else seen the RUSH 30th Anniversary tour?

Over and Out,
General Hina

MAX
07-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Although I don't personally care for Rush, my brother saw them last week and said the same thing. He said they were amazing.

General Hina
07-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Although I don't personally care for Rush, my brother saw them last week and said the same thing. He said they were amazing.

Yes I am a casual fan (the hits and video songs etc.) and I was totally blown away.

Over and Out,
General Hina

MAX
07-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah Hina, I agree.

I hear you. I must admit when I saw them on their "Power Windows" tour I was also blown away. :D

EmpyreLounge44
07-07-2004, 01:39 PM
yeah everybody says how good they are but i really can not stomach them at all...but glad you liked em. there are a ton of fans that VH and Rush have in common...its scary.

guwapo_rocker
07-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Alex could not even be Neil's drum roadie!!

And Geddy, well Mike can only dream.

I encourage anyone who has not seen RUSH to get

out and see this tour.

guwapo_rocker
07-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
yeah everybody says how good they are but i really can not stomach them at all...but glad you liked em. there are a ton of fans that VH and Rush have in common...its scary.

Shows what you know about music.

JCOOK
07-07-2004, 01:42 PM
WHAT ABOUT ROY ? YOU CANT SAY FUCK ALEX ED AND MIKE WITHOUT
MENTIONING "THE CHOAD ROCKER"

I"LL SAY IT FUCK YOU ROY.

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by General Hina
I saw RUSH for the first time last night at the Hollywood Bowl and let me tell you...those guys can play. After seeing that type of musicianship while still having fun and putting on an awesome stage show it made me realize how sloppy and uninspired the VH shows have been.
Neil crushes Alex.

Over and Out,
General Hina

Rush does indeed blow Van Halen out of the water imo.

I have seen them twice on this tour.

EmpyreLounge44
07-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Shows what you know about music.

just cant take em....geddy's voice drives me up a wall...my older bro was a big fan and i just couldnt get into them at all. whats wrong with that?

guwapo_rocker
07-07-2004, 01:47 PM
just cant take em....geddy's voice drives me up a wall...my older bro was a big fan and i just couldnt get into them at all. whats wrong with that?

Nothing, have you heard their early stuff?

I think their Moving Pictures album and everything

prior to it is their best stuff. Try listening to All The Worlds

A Stage, great live album.:D

EmpyreLounge44
07-07-2004, 01:51 PM
i've tried, especially since most VH fans seem to love them so I ve tried, I just cant do it...I'll try again though but that voice is just rough to my ears

Figs
07-07-2004, 01:54 PM
I saw them around 87 or so. Incredible musicians, although I am a casual fan.

ALinChainz
07-07-2004, 01:54 PM
An awesome band. Brilliant musicians.

Kind of lost interest after the Signals album, but that and everything before, excellent.

Working Man on the first album, rocks.

Personally liked Exit ... Stage Left better than All The World's A Stage, but that's me.

Moving Pictures, killer from beginning to end.

guwapo_rocker
07-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
An awesome band. Brilliant musicians.

Kind of lost interest after the Signals album, but that and everything before, excellent.

Working Man on the first album, rocks.

Personally liked Exit ... Stage Left better than All The World's A Stage, but that's me.

Moving Pictures, killer from beginning to end.

Sure, I just felt Exit was a little over produced.

MAX
07-07-2004, 02:04 PM
i've tried, especially since most VH fans seem to love them so I ve tried, I just cant do it...I'll try again though but that voice is just rough to my ears

I agree. Geddy's voice is why I don't like Rush. Their music is stellar though IMO.

L.S.D.
07-07-2004, 02:33 PM
I think his voice is the best in rock. Just goes to show differnt strokes for different folks.

Northern Girl
07-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Feedback - Rush's new EP
As they celebrate a thirty-year career of filling arenas, selling tens of millions of albums and playing songs with which a generation of rock fans came of age, visionary rock legends Rush decided to have a little fun with the music they grew up with. Featuring covers of songs by The Who, The Yardbirds, Love, Cream, Buffalo Springfield and more, the trio’s new EP Feedback is a rocking good time for anyone who loves Rush or just classic rock & roll. Drummer Neil Peart, in the album’s liner notes, explains, "It was April of 2004, but Geddy, Alex, and I were channeling back to 1966 and 1967, when we were thirteen- and fourteen-year-old beginners. We thought it would be a fitting symbol to commemorate our thirty years together if we returned to our roots and paid tribute to those we had learned from and were inspired by. We thought we might record some of the songs we used to listen to, the ones we painstakingly learned the chords, notes, and drum parts for, and even played in our earliest bands. The tracks on this collection are songs we liked from the era that we thought we could ‘cover’ effectively (meaning not too many backing vocals), and have some fun with. The music celebrates a good time in our lives, and we had a good time celebrating it."

David does this, and he get's crucified. Hmmm

rockvanhalen66
07-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Neil crushes Alex.

Over and Out,
General Hina hina i seen the moving pic tour back in the day. cool show . but rush does not have the vh energy they never did and never will. rush can open for vh. over and out.....................

FIRELITE
07-08-2004, 12:13 AM
I saw them on their tour for Signals. I had all their albums except the first one and I liked their music but their show was boring. They played well but so what - it was like the audience wasn't even there. Once in a while Geddy would say Thank Youuuuu! Snore....

scottydabodi
07-08-2004, 12:20 AM
I saw RUSH last year and, of course, they kicked ass! You can't really compare trained musicians(Rush) to Van Halen. Alex and Mike are a fucking JOKE at BEST as a Rhythm Section!! Neil and Geddy are tighter than a Gnat's Ass!!! Nonetheless, I'll be at the Radio City Music Hall show in August, and I can't wait... I've seen 'em a bunch of times and they're frickin KILLER!!!

rockvanhalen66
07-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by FIRELITE
I saw them on their tour for Signals. I had all their albums except the first one and I liked their music but their show was boring. They played well but so what - it was like the audience wasn't even there. Once in a while Geddy would say Thank Youuuuu! Snore.... tell it like it is the show from rush is a big bore. snoooooooooooore.

Big Train
07-08-2004, 01:33 AM
As a matter of taste, I fucking HATE Rush. If their records were on fire, I'd pour gas....but I can't deny their musicianship. They are great cooks, just hate what they make. I agree, it is the voice, but also the nerdy lyrics.

Spot on about the musicality though, but Michael Anthony?The bass player? Nikki Sixx is more of a technician than Michael Anthony. Michael has two things going for him: 1. Being the luckiest bass player in the world 2. Having the balls to do a bass solo without bringing talent to the gig. Night after fucking night.

I heard this could be the last Rush tour for awhile no? Wasn't Alex trying to be the Terminator against Canadas Finest? I heard something about a trial.....

scottydabodi
07-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Here's the thing with Rush and VanHalen, BOTH bands were fucked by RAY DANNIELS!! F-Ray Danniels, you PIECE OF SHIT COCKSUCKER!!!

HippieLettuce
07-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Neil crushes Alex.

Over and Out,
General Hina

I was at the Bowl last night as well. I saw them 22 years ago on the Signals tour. They are just as mind blowing today.