PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Trunk on Van Halen Reunion 2019

Grit
12-05-2018, 03:02 PM
https://youtu.be/CUIZob8u_rc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUxVd9kjLwA&t=1s

Not a lot here but when you are A Van Halen fan . . . . .

twonabomber
12-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Is that the one where Trunk says "Irving Azoff can't even get Van Halen to tour?" Pretty sure the Three Twins don't work for Azoff, it's the other way around.

I have been listening to Trunk's recent KISS rants. His high pitched whiny voice is quite comedic.

Terry
12-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Who the fuck knows about Van Halen in 2019...

I'd imagine if there is no announcement of any dates in the next few months, 2019 will probably be another year of nothing.

The band could be well done as a performing/touring business entity by this point, far as Dave fronting them. Or, they could end up doing a CVH lineup tour, and calling that a farewell tour.

The band has been so erratic for so long in terms of trajectory and strategy (assuming there is one) that neither option would come as a surprise.

chippertherippe
12-06-2018, 06:40 AM
I feel like Trunk mentions VH every now and again just to get some ratings from the VH loyal (not unlike Sammy). I don't know if we'll ever see a new VH record. A classic line up tour may not be impossible..as stated above..who knows.

Terry
12-09-2018, 03:23 PM
I feel like Trunk mentions VH every now and again just to get some ratings from the VH loyal (not unlike Sammy). I don't know if we'll ever see a new VH record. A classic line up tour may not be impossible..as stated above..who knows.

I mean, it really is telling re: the bizarre nature of the band since 1996 that both everything and nothing are simultaneously on the table at once, and both of the extremes - CVH reunion vs. disbanding/retirement - and everything in between are equally plausible.

78/84 guy
12-11-2018, 06:35 PM
I mean, it really is telling re: the bizarre nature of the band since 1996 that both everything and nothing are simultaneously on the table at once, and both of the extremes - CVH reunion vs. disbanding/retirement - and everything in between are equally plausible.

Roth is selling Tattoo cream. Interview in Vogue magazine online.

Terry
12-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Roth is selling Tattoo cream. Interview in Vogue magazine online.

That's...something...I suppose...