X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The newest Shaquille Rumor

Hmmmm...back to Florida...where he has a home...

Okay...Shaq just put Miami on his short list...which includes...

Dallas, Sacramento, Orlando and New Orleans....

so these are the five teams in the sweepstakes...with assuredly...Dallas in the lead...and if they offer up Finley and Nowitzki...they'll assuredly win...

but...

Miami can offer up some interesting talent...Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and former Laker Eddie Jones...who left when Kobe came...with Vlade...

there's some talent there...no doubt...

so enter the Heat into the equation...

Dallas is going to have to ante up...and do it soon...or they are going to be out...

I still think that Orlando is an interesting scenario...tougher now...with that deal that they just pulled...

and nothing from New Orleans...back to home...or is there?...

I'll bet we get something by the end of next week...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Snoo

Hahahahahaha...excellent, excellent...let him go East. Then let the Cavs get Nowitzki to replace Boozer, and Tony Parker get deported back to France for some reason. Rockets are back!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

LMFAO...

funny thing...

there actually was a Nowitzki to the Cavs rumor...for Ilgauskis and Dujuan Wagner...because the Lakers prefer Z's defense and boarding to Nowitzki's offense...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Lou

Problem is, Michael Finley is definitely on his downside. If the Mavs do a Dirk for Shaq trade, they got nobody around Shaq, nobody that scares you. But if they can somehow trade a past-his-prime Michael Finley and young players for Shaq, Dirk and Shaq should be enough to go to the Finals.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

So...why exactly is Finley past his prime...let me guess..because his numbers are down? Or is that because of Nash and Nowitzki...

He's 31...in his prime...averaged nearly 20 a game...

and can play D...

past his prime? No way...

and no way Shaq gets dealt to Dallas without Nowitzki involved...no way...

Comment

• Lou

Yeah the numbers were down, and I just didn't see him really light it up like he used to 4 or 5 years ago. I mean he was a legit star back in 1998, 1999 even through 2002. But last year he showed he's on his way down. He's very good, but he's lost a step and I don't see him stepping up now that Nash is gone. This is a perfect time for Dallas to trade him while he can still get you some nice players, before the league catches on that he really is no longer a star.

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The way you laid it out i see miami the frontrunner now,
              dallas a close 2nd orlando as wildcard..
              i still wanna see Shaq finish where he began..IMO-

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...I like Orlando...but I just don't see the numbers working there...they'd have to give up to much...

IMO...give them fucking Cato, Mobley...and fucking everyone else but Francis...

Comment

• thefive

I havent been keeping up on the Nba. Is shaq definitely leaving la?

If so who is going to be center for la?

Comment

• thefive

I am so bummed if he leaves.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I just can't see him staying five...

check out my first post in this thread...he listed five teams he wants to go too...

New Orleans...Dallas...Miami...Sacramento and Orlando...

so I'd start there in looking for a deal soon...

I'd say another week or so until we hear about it...

Comment

• thefive

What about Sac? What have they offered?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Not sure at this point...Webber and Bibby were rumored though...as part of it...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Three way deal?

Tomjanovich tried to contact O'Neal, the paper reported, and Shaq left a message in response.

"I just feel terrible for Rudy because I wanted to play for him," O'Neal said, according to the paper. "But I ain't coming back there."

Sources told the Press-Enterprise that O'Neal's representatives have shot down potential deals. The Kings, one of the teams O'Neal is willing to play for, reportedly backed away from talks.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reports that any deal involving O'Neal could also involve a third team since the Pacers or Mavericks have been involved in these discussions, but that nothing is imminent.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Sacramento pulled out of any talks.

Comment

Working...