X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donjamesayer
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jun 2004

EVH and his fire

Wow,some people here are rough on the Samster.I am a fan of both eras,but the new tunes are a bit contrived.Where is the fire that used to keep Al in 4/4 time and Ed in 5/4,insanely ripping?Mike remains the top bassist in rock in my mind,but the new tunes just dont kick my ass.Maybe we should just fondly remeber the past and let these guys move on.I would buy a cd with EVH playing a tuba.
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Sorry bro...this doesn't belong here...moving it to main...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• BigDaddyD
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

Mike is the best bassist in rock? You need to get out more. Mike is more like the luckiest guy on the planet. He is mediocre at best.

Comment

• Casper
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jul 2004

That Mike guy is right on the money man. Like on Women and Children First when DLR goes "Feel my Heartbeat...Feel my heartbeat..." and mike just plays this one note like he's pissing into the wind.

Check out another prime example on 5150 and they're all going,like, "good...good...good enough"...Mike is right in there just pummeling that one note like he's won a freakin' lottery man. Such an underrated band.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Re: EVH and his fire

Originally posted by donjamesayer
          Wow,some people here are rough on the Samster.I am a fan of both eras,but the new tunes are a bit contrived.Where is the fire that used to keep Al in 4/4 time and Ed in 5/4,insanely ripping?Mike remains the top bassist in rock in my mind,but the new tunes just dont kick my ass.Maybe we should just fondly remeber the past and let these guys move on.I would buy a cd with EVH playing a tuba.
          I think you'd buy a DVD with Ed playing with Sammy's dick!!

Are you smoking crack?? Mike is an average rock bass player

which isn't saying much. Runs to Mike Anthony are something

you get after a couple of nights of heavy drinking. He couldn't

carry Geddy Lee's or Billy Sheehan's guitar case.

Shit bro stop smoking that stuff.

Comment

• donjamesayer
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jun 2004

the fire

Guwapo,dude,did someone put sand in your vaseline?Did the sun set a little too fast on your career if you have one or do you not have the nuts to get what you want?Bro,Opinions are posted in this forum everyday,it takes a man to speak his truth and an unevolved animal to be ignorant enough to call that opinion down with baby homophobic words.I wish you shelter from your storm.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Re: the fire

Originally posted by donjamesayer
              Guwapo,dude,did someone put sand in your vaseline?Did the sun set a little too fast on your career if you have one or do you not have the nuts to get what you want?Bro,Opinions are posted in this forum everyday,it takes a man to speak his truth and an unevolved animal to be ignorant enough to call that opinion down with baby homophobic words.I wish you shelter from your storm.
              Read your first post again and give me a fucking break.

You obviously know nothing about music to call Mike the best

bass player in rock and oh yeah by the way, Ed is supposed

to be playing the tuba because he said if Gary was gone that's what

he would take up!! But of course he lied again. Get lost sheep!!

Oh, and have a wonderful day.

Comment

Working...