X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The EVH Art Guitar Shop

The Official Site of EVH Art Series Guitars - the Ultimate One-Of-A-Kind Collectible Art Guitar
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel
  • BrownSound1
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

I think this is actually the coolest thing Edward has done since.....doing the two tunes with Dave on BOV1. Wonder how much these bastards will go for.

On a similar note, Gibson is making exact replicas of Jimmy Page's "Number One" Les Paul. One of those sold for 55,000 bucks..which is the highest price ever paid for a new Gibson, and possibly for a new guitar of any brand. I wonder if Ed's art guitars will get into that price range.

Comment

• Don Corleone
      Veteran
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Brownsound1
      On a similar note, Gibson is making exact replicas of Jimmy Page's "Number One" Les Paul. One of those sold for 55,000 bucks..which is the highest price ever paid for a new Gibson, and possibly for a new guitar of any brand. I wonder if Ed's art guitars will get into that price range.
      I think they'll go for $10,000, tops. Had Ed stopped using the Van Halen band name when Dave quit, then Ed would have been assured of the same immortality that Zeplin, The Beatles....etc have. As it is I think he's fucked up his own legacy too much.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• frets5150
        Commando
        • Feb 2004

THESE GUITARS ARE THE BIGGEST HUNKS OF SHIT I EVER SEEN EDDIE IS SUING PEOPLE FOR STRIPING HIS GUITARS HE SAID IT STEALS HIS IDENTITY I GUESS HE DONT HAVE AN IDENTITY ANY MORE AFTER THESE GUITARS HE WILL PROBABLY START TO MAKE THE ORIGINAL STRIPES AND GET 1400.00 EASY FOR THEM OHH I GUESS WHEN I BOUGHT THE EBMM I WAS NOT STEALING HIS IDENTITY CANT MAKE HEADS OR TAILS OF HIM ANY MORE..... UNDOUBTLY THE GREATEST ROCK GUITARIST EVER..... BUT IF IT WAS NOT FOR US HE WOULD BE PLAYING THOSE STRIPED GUITARS IN DIVE BARS.....

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

did you see the build process photos?

did you see the wallpaper in eddies room?

fookin' appalling no wonder his wife left him
          Originally posted by flappo
          i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
          translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BrownSound1
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
            did you see the build process photos?

did you see the wallpaper in eddies room?

fookin' appalling no wonder his wife left him
            ROTFLMAO!! That wallpaper is awful, isn't it. I know my wife would have a stroke if I were striping guitars on the dining room table.

Comment

• Cathedral
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Oh, so that's what he was doing while he was supposed to be rehearsing...That explains a lot.

And about that wallpaper...More proof that lots of money ruins your perception of tasteful home decor.

I believe the word is "Gawdy"....

Comment

• BrownSound1
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

Have you guys seen the starting bids on these fuckers? $5,500! I don't think so, Homey don't play that. I noticed they say they have a custom EVH pickup in them...wonder if it's that Seymour Duncan EVH 78 model.

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

$5,500.00? What the fuck, man.
                  I am getting so damn sick and tired of these fucking guitar companies trying to rip the shit out of people on signature bullshit, collectable, art series, what the fuck ever, gear.

Fuck, I'll build my own for less than a grand and have it set up for my ass, fuck it all to hell.

That price is serious highway fucking robbery.
                  My Charvel was appraised at $900.00 to a collector 5 years ago. given this shit here i think that should go up 10x's higher being as it is an original issue.

Comment

• justaxxxgirl
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jul 2004

Email received today, I thought I would share. I updated the current EVH guitar Ebay bid prices. – jag

EVH Art Guitars Series and other information
                    From LAMetalGod: 07.14.2004

As I indicated last month, Fender (FMIC), who owns Jackson-Charvel (JCMI) signed Eddie and Peavey is not renewing their expired contracts with Eddie due to long-term problems and contract defaults by him. Announcement will be made after the Tour. No slam on Ed, it's just business.

The current fad is doing high dollar, limited production, replica “Guitar God” and vintage guitars. Fender did very well on the Stevie Ray Vaughan #1 Stratocaster replica series, (1) and this is where the idea came for the Eddie Van Halen Art Series guitars. Yes, you will be totally shocked as to the open market prices these replica guitars will bring. Buyers exercising shear want-to-be stupidity, in my opinion.

(1) Fender Custom Shop Pays Tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughan: Click Here
                    Another good Fender Article on the SRV #1 Replica Series: Click Here

The same time Fender announced the SRV replica Strats, they announced a new limited edition ‘54 replica Stratocaster for $5,400. Click Here

EVH Art Guitars Series
                    My understanding is the EVH Art Guitars Series is being sold mostly through EBay, to really increases ultimate individual sales prices for these baby’s.

EVH-JCMI’s main site for the sale is: Click Here
                    EBay’s main auction page for the sales is: Click Here

1st Guitar Up - White and Black Strip #12: Starting Bid: $5,150 - Current Bid: $14,500 Click Here

2nd Guitar Up: Yellow and Black Strip #14: Starting Bid: $5,150 - Current Bid: $6,650 Click Here

Just wait for the classic EVH Red and White striped replica guitar to come up for bid to see some really crazy prices.

I am continually amazed what people will spend on junk like this or the SRV #1 replica strat.

##

Talk about shear craziness. Did you see the pricing Clapton’s recent guitar action brought? 88 guitars for total of $7,438,624.

Crossroads Guitar Auction – Christie’s, June 2004
                    Eric Clapton & Friends for the Crossroads Centre

Strat Collector – Clapton Auction results news: Click Here
                    Sales Results: Click Here

Christies – Clapton Auction main page: Click Here
                    Individual Sales Results: Click Here

Guitar Center Spends Over $2 million on four Clapton auction guitars
                    Click Here
                    Guitar Center’s article on auction purchases:
                    Click Here
                    Last edited by justaxxxgirl; 07-15-2004, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• BrownSound1
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

What? no mention of Gibson's Jimmy Page replica selling for 55 grand?

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

i can sort of understand someone paying a high price for an instrument that has been played by musician X for Y years as it has history associated with it but paying thousands for a guitar in the style of somones guitar is just plain stupid

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                          i can sort of understand someone paying a high price for an instrument that has been played by musician X for Y years as it has history associated with it but paying thousands for a guitar in the style of somones guitar is just plain stupid
                          Im totally with you, Mr G. If the guitar has been used in famous concerts or recording sessions, fair enough its a valid piece of history, but a replica that hasnt even been touched by the artist...

Nah...

But I would have one if someone gave it to me....
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

me too!

ooh no missus no

omae baka dana?

Comment

• frets5150
                              Commando
                              • Feb 2004

ed's guitar's not selling on ebay no more i knew it....

Please be advised that the following auction:

3736172545 - EVH Art Series Guitars: White with Black Stripes

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller.
                              All results for this auction are null and void.

Regards,
                              Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
                              eBay Inc
                              Last edited by frets5150; 07-16-2004, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...