PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Sleep

WARF
11-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Doctor Sleep ****

The shining is my favorite horror film of all time. This was just as good if not even better. Mind Blown: Mike Flanigan channelled all the creepiness of the original and Rose the hat is the greatest horror villain since Jack Torrence.

Jérôme Frenchise
11-13-2019, 08:53 AM
I read Doctor Sleep in the summer of 2014, and loved that sequel to The Shining.

I still have to go and see the movie. I'm hesitating, I'd rather see the movie before reading the book in general.

Jérôme Frenchise
11-24-2019, 06:32 PM
I saw the movie yesterday night. Good stuff even though the end is different from the one in the novel. I feared to be disappointed but the result is close to what I had imagined while reading.
Yet you'd better have read the book before seeing the movie or you might feel a little lost.
A nice sequel.

High Life Man
01-21-2020, 11:16 PM
Saw it tonight. Enjoyed it. Better than I expected it to be...and pretty creepy.

The actors they got to play a few of the characters from the first movie were spot on. Great casting!

Rikk
02-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Just got the 4K today. Psyched to watch it...though I'm trying to get through a few more Oscar flicks. I hate Awards shows...but we get together with a few friends to watch it every year and do our own commentary track to all the Hollywood stupidity.

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD is still far and away my favorite film from this year.