PDA

View Full Version : Ford v Ferrari

twonabomber
11-18-2019, 11:41 PM
A pleasant surprise...my friend messaged and asked if I was free tonight and wanted to see Ford v Ferrari. Even before the Mr. Rogers movie came out...

Good movie. I'm not a raging Matt Damon fan but he was good as Carroll Shelby. I've read a lot about Shelby and Damon seemed to get it. Christian Bale is good too, a couple times where he gets shitty with someone it reminded me of his rant on the Terminator movie set. I gotta look at the timeline between the makings of Vice and FvF, Bale gained a lot of weight to play Dick Cheney and is a lot thinner in this one.

Josh Lucas comes across as unlikable in his portrayal of Ford exec Leo Beebe. He'd make a good Donald Trump, Jr someday :D

Good crowd, we were not the youngest in the theater.

My friend is not a car person like...um...me but she liked it. Racing scenes are not too long, cuts away at the right times to break it up a bit.

Someone's getting an Oscar nomination for this one.

High Life Man
11-21-2019, 11:55 PM
I wasn't interested in this one, but so many people have said it's great. I'll probably check out next week during a local theater's $6 Monday.

Saw 'Jojo Rabbit' there this week. It's funny. And sad. Worth a watch!

High Life Man
01-21-2020, 11:15 PM
Finally saw F v F. I enjoyed it. Some great acting and an interesting story.

And I don't really care about cars.

Nickdfresh
04-12-2020, 11:18 PM
Just saw it tonight, and it's a great film. I am a bit of a car guy, and even a Ford guy I guess. But of course what makes the film great isn't the cars but the characters and the fact you care about them. I was waiting to see this in a second-run theater for the proper experience but the COVID shit ruined that. But it's a great story, and much like 1917 a visual tour-de-force. Only, this one had developed characters and actors you cared about and didn't come off like a cartoonish, schlocky video game. Yes Damon and Bale were great, but the Enzo Ferrari meltdown scene is worth the price of admission alone.....