PDA

View Full Version : Robert Conrad dies

Jérôme Frenchise
02-09-2020, 08:49 AM
"Black Sheep Squadron", "The Wild, Wild West"... Legendary stuff. And a charismatic actor.

https://youtu.be/xuCuf5tvTqE

As a small kid I thought he really looked like my dad in "The Wild, Wild West" (my father would deny it and say James West was a show-off whereas Artemus Gordon was the man).

R.I.P. Mr Conrad

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-02-08/robert-conrad-star-of-the-wild-wild-west-dies-at-84

Terry
02-09-2020, 10:26 AM
Robert Conrad...yeah, yeah!

I remember him!! In my youth, he was a special guest star on such timeless classics as The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Battle Of The Network Stars and turned in the memorable performance of Washed Up Actor Who Wasn't Paul Lynde on countless episodes of The Hollywood Squares!!!

Hey, I just Wikipedia'd him!!!! NOW I fondly (still don't) remember that battery commercial he was in...you know, the one before the Pink Energizer Bunny ads began airing and completely upstaged him?!? He was also in a bunch of Mannix episodes! I always (claimed to have) loved Mannix (even though I - still - preferred the Adam West Batman show and Gilligan's Island over either Mannix or Mission Impossible)!!!!

Excuse me, now: I have to rest up and update my Acme Insta-"I always loved him"-Eulo-Kit for Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs' upcoming passing..."He was taken from us too soon...so tragic and untimely...he was ALWAYS my favorite Sweat Hog! His timeless 'Hi, there' catch-phrase still resonates today"...

Btw, 'Terry' is really a Kristy alias.

twonabomber
02-09-2020, 11:16 AM
I forgot he was in the (forgettable) Moving Violations.

Terry
02-09-2020, 05:40 PM
I stand corrected.

Kinda liked that movie when it came out and was subsequently played on HBO a zillion times a month. Dumb comedy in the vein of National Lampoon or the Police Academy mvoies. Sort of the revenge of the lesser talented siblings in terms of the casting (Murray, Keach, Tilly).