PDA

View Full Version : Fuck off BEZOS

Seshmeister
04-07-2020, 09:34 PM
As Amazon becomes virtually the only place we can buy things at the moment Joe Bezos has pledged 0.1% of his wealth to help people not starve to death.

Fucking psycho behaviour.

I read this in an article about one of the founders of Twitter giving a quarter of his 4 billion which makes me think ok as long as you have plans for most of the rest going to something else other than yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/07/twitter-chief-to-donate-quarter-of-his-fortune-to-coronavirus-fight

Once this is over lets all really try a bit harder to give Amazon less money, I say that as someone who is a heavy user.

Using Amazon for me has become like when I used to smoke; something I did because although I knew it was a bad idea for the future, my health and even the people around me and gave money to pricks it was easier than not doing it. No taxes, terrible treatment of their workers, ruins our high street stores and now this twat thinks he should be lauded for a 0.1% crumb?

It gets to a point when you have to say no I'm not supporting this shit anymore.

Nitro Express
04-07-2020, 10:30 PM
Nobody is holding a gun to your head to shop at Amazon. For whatever reason that’s where most people shop and that makes it the place most people want sell through. I agree. Give Amazon some competition. The internet should be about choices but for whatever reason the consumer has made Amazon to be the thing.

FORD
04-07-2020, 10:49 PM
I try to buy from Amazon as little as possible. Average of once a year, I think. If Bezos actually payed taxes, at least he would be helping Washington state's revenue, but he can't even do that.

Nitro Express
04-08-2020, 03:12 AM
I try to buy from Amazon as little as possible. Average of once a year, I think. If Bezos actually payed taxes, at least he would be helping Washington state's revenue, but he can't even do that.

It's one reason I don't like income tax. I like sales tax better. Everyone pays and the rich buy more so they will pay more. You can play too many games with income tax. Also with a sales tax it's very visible. The government can only jack that up so much before people have a shit fit. People get fooled with income tax. The government takes your money and then they give some of it back to you when you file. People get so excited when they get that refund check. They act like they are getting money from the government but it's been their money the whole time. It's a clever play on people's psychology. You can't do that with a sales tax.

Nickdfresh
04-08-2020, 07:38 AM
Nobody is holding a gun to your head to shop at Amazon. For whatever reason that’s where most people shop and that makes it the place most people want sell through. I agree. Give Amazon some competition. The internet should be about choices but for whatever reason the consumer has made Amazon to be the thing.

Nobody was holding a gun to anyones' head in their Model T to use Standard Oil, they were broken up anyways because they stifled competition...

Nickdfresh
04-08-2020, 10:16 AM
The Amazons, Facebooks, and Googles should be broken up into regionally run businesses (https://www.cnet.com/news/momentum-grows-to-break-up-big-tech-as-amazon-facebook-google-and-apple-face-scrutiny/) with some operations overlap allowed...

You wanna fuck Benzos? either act like the chick that broke up his marriage (which accounts for some of Benzos losses), or start making waves with elected officials about information monopolies...