PDA

View Full Version : Chaim Halen??

FORD
10-29-2020, 09:52 PM
Gene Simmons has said for years that he had a demo of "Christine Sixteen" with Eddie & Alex playing on it. This demo has supposedly surfaced on YouTube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-3FyrswCQ

I have my doubts. I don't think this sounds like either Eddie or Alex. Remember that Chaim Witz produced the "Zero" demos, and while the band sounded different on there than they did on the Ted Templeman produced albums, you could still tell it was Van Halen. This just doesn't have the band's "trademark" sound at all.

Maybe when Gene is packing up his mansion and moving north, he could come across his actual demo and release the damn thing. Because I doubt this is it.

Heater
11-06-2020, 11:23 PM
So it doesn't pass muster of you audiophile caliber ears? Or is this just another opportunity to call someone more talented than you a name as an ego stroke. Por. Poor Fraud, still the angry little linker.....

FORD
11-07-2020, 12:57 AM
Your substance abuse seems a little out of control, Bleater. Should we schedule an intervention for your own safety?

Heater
11-07-2020, 07:31 AM
Which programs worked for you, Fordie? Any particular one with a low relapse rate?

FORD
11-07-2020, 12:59 PM
Never needed one. FORD doesn't do addiction.

Seshmeister
11-07-2020, 03:35 PM
I think we discussed before what a fucking creepy song this is.

I don't usually say things like this to girls your age, but when I saw you coming out of school that day, that day I knew, I knew, I've got to have you! I've got to have you!

She's been around, but she's young and clean

He was 28 when he wrote this...

FORD
11-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Yeah, that song was a big hit back in the 70s, but I doubt it would even get on the radio today. Nor would the Rolling Stones "Stray Cat Blues", I imagine...

I can see that you're fifteen years old
No I don't want your I.D.
I can see that you're so far from home
But that's no hanging matter
It's no capital crime

Diamondjimi
11-11-2020, 03:32 PM
I would put money on it that this is Gene playing all the instruments.
Not a trace of VH DNA on this.

Figs
11-12-2020, 02:34 PM
I could barely hear the drums. Melodic guitar lead, which is fine, but I would think Eddie would still fuck around a bit. I hate this song but would like to hear a VH version if it exists.