PDA

View Full Version : Jump destroyed

Seshmeister
04-16-2021, 07:34 AM
This is really shit.

It's what Jump sounds like if you strip out all of the clever musical aspects. It's what a bar band sounds like if someone suggests jamming Jump and no one has really played it before and they have had a few drinks.

I don't even care much for the song at this point but lowering it to this level playing to a crowd that size feels almost disrespectful

https://youtu.be/vnis4qVMtQU

FORD
04-16-2021, 12:07 PM
Sometimes The Boss nails a cover. This is not one of those times. Morello's solo at the end is probably the best part of it.

Seshmeister
04-16-2021, 11:14 PM
Usually I like Morello but like the solo that was improvised panic parody nothing pentatonic shit.

No offence but it's what guitarists do when they need to fool you. :)

The keyboard player's lack of timing is astonishing for a professional musician and the drumming is disgraceful.

Seshmeister
04-16-2021, 11:33 PM
Just checked and this was his opener at that gig? :)

This is what happens when rock stars have no one around brave enough to say NO NO NO NO!

Seshmeister
04-17-2021, 12:26 AM
I'm still annoyed by this. :D

For 2 reasons.

1) It's such a rare privilege to get the gig playing at that level and those guys are not rising to it
2) By reducing the song musically to ok just do some fucking two handed hack on the guitar means you have captured it is bullshit. The song has hidden complexities which made it work.

After 30 years of listening to varying levels of usually shitty versions of Jump from weddings to brass bands it gets really tiresome, for a so called 'all star' band to play such a crap version to a festival crowd is unforgivable.

I urge anyone with even a passing interest to watch this.

https://youtu.be/0XhKSXeT2OI

ELVIS
04-20-2021, 06:34 PM
Jump sucks either way...

NZINKX
05-25-2021, 02:07 PM
I want no keys bord for the tune jump OK?somebody must to find original denstration tape just a guitars

NZINKX
05-25-2021, 02:08 PM
all guitars