PDA

View Full Version : The New Ford All Electric F-150

FORD
05-18-2021, 11:46 PM
https://youtu.be/bXFHgoon7lg

I can't see why I might need to tow a goddamned train in the forseeable future, but would I drive an electric truck?? Fuck yeah I would!!

twonabomber
05-19-2021, 04:11 AM
Let's see if they get the launch right on this one. Bronco has been delayed a couple times already and there were problems with the Explorer launch.

Kristy
05-19-2021, 05:07 PM
This is going to be so cool running down MAGA protestors in Florida with - a state that made it legal to do so.

NZINKX
05-20-2021, 12:20 AM
Black Lies Matter Shanghai Suprise Edithion

Nickdfresh
05-20-2021, 07:03 AM
Let's see if they get the launch right on this one. Bronco has been delayed a couple times already and there were problems with the Explorer launch.

It's the chips. They can't get enough of 'em. Used cars are hot as fuck right now...

twonabomber
05-20-2021, 07:18 AM
It's the chips. They can't get enough of 'em. Used cars are hot as fuck right now...

Not just the chips. The Mach E has been delayed too.

Friend of mine has a Gladiator too, we joked that we could probably sell them for what we paid for them. Kind of glad I bought when I did.

FORD
05-20-2021, 10:29 AM
They let Joe drive one. President or not, is a 79 year old man the best test driver for a prototype?? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6PRx_rnj0

FORD
05-20-2021, 11:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_jsRGUOtMs

Von Halen
05-20-2021, 11:06 AM
but would I drive an electric truck?? Fuck yeah I would!!

Know how we know you're a homo?

I mean, besides the fact that we've watched you suck Bernie's cock for years.

FORD
05-20-2021, 12:07 PM
This "homo" truck (as you call it) is going to create a lot of jobs in Michigan. I would think you would support that, even if you didn't drive one.

Or is this just your MOPAR fetish hating all things "Ford" related?? You really want the electric RAM, right?? Might have to wait until 2024 to see that one.

NZINKX
05-20-2021, 12:29 PM
On thes show Pawnstars so many Michigan's type people they wanna fight, but I dunno never seen them yet. Only Texas.but I know somebody get so snow in the wires are gonna bebpissed off for not going no place now the batteryS is plowed.

May ford calling it F-1renmenbi becas of all the piece come to pass China.Not USA

ZahZoo
05-20-2021, 02:25 PM
PawnStars is filmed in Las Vegas... doubt you'll find many Michigan's type people there.

I hear they're Von's type of people though...

Nitro Express
05-20-2021, 02:42 PM
PawnStars is filmed in Las Vegas... doubt you'll find many Michigan's type people there.

I hear they're Von's type of people though...

Only Michigan people who are pawning their watch because they shot their wad on the tables during their Vegas vacation. Or it’s in the script. Reality TV is everything but real.

Nitro Express
05-20-2021, 02:51 PM
https://youtu.be/bXFHgoon7lg

I can't see why I might need to tow a goddamned train in the forseeable future, but would I drive an electric truck?? Fuck yeah I would!!

Lot’s of torque. There’s a niche for electric vehicles where the driving range needed is short and the weather is warm. Batteries lose their efficiency in cold weather. If you need to go longer distances in remote areas in cold weather that’s not the best environment for an electric truck. Electric vehicles are more simple and require less maintenance. The only disadvantage is the battery and expense.

Nitro Express
05-20-2021, 03:00 PM
This "homo" truck (as you call it) is going to create a lot of jobs in Michigan. I would think you would support that, even if you didn't drive one.

Or is this just your MOPAR fetish hating all things "Ford" related?? You really want the electric RAM, right?? Might have to wait until 2024 to see that one.

Selling vehicles is all about psychology. Pickup truck buyers are all about my dick is bigger. It’s why Dodge did so well with the V10. On paper it was no better than the competitor’s V8 but it was a V10. They actually made V6 pickups that had the same break horsepower as a carbureted small block V8 but the dealers couldn’t sell V6 pickups. They just sat on the lot.

You would think businesses would appreciate the higher fuel economy and buy those pickups but no that tends to be more of the delivery van market and not the pickup market.

Nitro Express
05-20-2021, 03:06 PM
Eddie Van Halen once said you don’t know how good your equipment is until you take it out on the road and use it. That will tell you how good it really is. The same is true with vehicles. If you want a good laugh just look at the car hype of the past. People are going to buy what works for them. The road and reality will decide what the future fate is for electric full size trucks are.

Nickdfresh
05-20-2021, 07:32 PM
Not just the chips. The Mach E has been delayed too.

Friend of mine has a Gladiator too, we joked that we could probably sell them for what we paid for them. Kind of glad I bought when I did.

It might not be a joke. A coworker of mine just got offered what he paid for a minivan as a trade in - a year ago!

twonabomber
05-20-2021, 08:08 PM
It might not be a joke. A coworker of mine just got offered what he paid for a minivan as a trade in - a year ago!

I'll keep it...for now. Got a new bumper and a Warn winch. Planning on going to the offroad park again in June. I scratched up the passenger side when I was there in November :D

Bought a new bike, too. Went looking in February and picked up a Giant Escape 2 Disc. That was probably a good idea, the shops are just about bare again but they are making bank on repairs.

twonabomber
05-20-2021, 08:17 PM
I dunno...I keep reading the 0-60 times for these electric trucks and I remember I have a 15 year old paid off car that still does 0-60 in 5 seconds. I don't need my truck to go that fast. I don't mind driving the Gladiator slow off road, and I can come home and flog the SRT for my speed fix.

NZINKX
05-20-2021, 08:19 PM
Psychology won't know but truck:I love it.And never gone bea electric.

They can only psycho so much.

ZahZoo
05-21-2021, 07:07 AM
The 0-60 part is really silly... if your goal is speed performance, then you buy something sporty... if you regularly need to haul large, heavy things... you buy a truck.

With the current technology... electric vehicles can be effective for short mileage, infrequent light transportation means. Perfect for cars and SUVs for daily short trip driving around town.

For long distance travel... hauling heavy loads, or frequent all day/night operation then the recharge times or practical usage duration is not effective in today's electric vehicles.

I see no viable near term exit strategy for fossil fueled transportation... the current electrical grid can't support powering and charging all that stuff with clean energy. Hell, the current fossil fuel, nuclear and clean energy power generation is struggling to support today's usage needs...

Kristy
05-21-2021, 01:33 PM
Cannot believe all the free marketing and publicity Ford got off of this shitty truck

ZahZoo
05-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Won't help Ford much if they can't deliver the new vehicles... most dealers are struggling to get much inventory right now.

Nitro Express
05-22-2021, 03:53 AM
The 0-60 part is really silly... if your goal is speed performance, then you buy something sporty... if you regularly need to haul large, heavy things... you buy a truck.

With the current technology... electric vehicles can be effective for short mileage, infrequent light transportation means. Perfect for cars and SUVs for daily short trip driving around town.

For long distance travel... hauling heavy loads, or frequent all day/night operation then the recharge times or practical usage duration is not effective in today's electric vehicles.

I see no viable near term exit strategy for fossil fueled transportation... the current electrical grid can't support powering and charging all that stuff with clean energy. Hell, the current fossil fuel, nuclear and clean energy power generation is struggling to support today's usage needs...

Also if you run an air conditioner or an electric heater you considerably reduce the range of a charge. If you want cooling or heat in your electric vehicle the batteries have to provide that too.

Nitro Express
05-22-2021, 04:06 AM
I bought a Toyota Tacoma truck. Best pickup I ever owned. GM and Ford need a lot of improvement.

Von Halen
05-22-2021, 12:55 PM
I bought a Toyota Tacoma truck. Best pickup I ever owned.

Fucking hunk of shit.

Know why you see all kinds of OLD GM, Ford and Chrysler trucks on the road, and NEVER see an old Jap truck? Because they are fucking junk. FACT!

If I were a cross dressing faggit like Nickdtransvestite, I still wouldn't drive a shitty foreign truck.

FORD
05-22-2021, 01:48 PM
Actually, all the old Toyota trucks seem to end up over in the middle east, where they end up in the hands of Al Qaeda or ISIS (or whatever the flavor of the month is in Muslim extremist groups). How exactly that happens, I don't know....

https://autospies.com/images/users/MSP6/main/taliban-thumb.jpg
Allahu Akbar!! Oh what a feeling!!

Kristy
05-22-2021, 04:31 PM
Fucking hunk of shit.

Know why you see all kinds of OLD GM, Ford and Chrysler trucks on the road, and NEVER see an old Jap truck? Because they are fucking junk. FACT!

If I were a cross dressing faggit like Nickdtransvestite, I still wouldn't drive a shitty foreign truck.

I'd never buy a Tofuota truck nor a redneck inbred machine Furd F-150 whether it's a eclectic of a gas-sucking "Eco Joke" one. BUT on the whole Jap cars are better than that dog snot shit America shit. I've owned America cars - especially GM cars and they are al the same: slave labor Mexican built gutter trash. My Infinity is made in Mexico but its the exception to the rule because it's a motherfucker.

Nickdfresh
05-22-2021, 05:22 PM
Fucking hunk of shit.

Fuck you Von. You don't have the taste to cross dress you dumb old fag leather queen bear!

But the truck thing might be the one thing you and I agree on!

Oh, congratulations Nitrous on your fucking truck 1998 wants back! You know why those fucks at Toyota always crow about reliability? When you put out basically the same product for decades I would fucking hope the bugs were worked out! I'm sure you must enjoy that innovative brick-on-rollerskates ride and handling the TaCOMA(tose) is famous for!

I'd take a Ranger or even a gay Chevy Colorado with the no manual option over that fading trash any day of the week!

Nickdfresh
05-22-2021, 05:27 PM
I'd never buy a Tofuota truck nor a redneck inbred machine Furd F-150 whether it's a eclectic of a gas-sucking "Eco Joke" one. BUT on the whole Jap cars are better than that dog snot shit America shit. I've owned America cars - especially GM cars and they are al the same: slave labor Mexican built gutter trash. My Infinity is made in Mexico but its the exception to the rule because it's a motherfucker.

I bet you can park in handicap parking with no tag in that granny-moblie...

Nickdfresh
05-22-2021, 05:32 PM
And I kinda hate Dodge right now with all of their jerkoff Challangers crap polluting the roadways these days with pansy wannabe morons, but I might learn to love them again if they come out with a proper Dakota...

Kristy
05-23-2021, 04:46 PM
I bet you can park in handicap parking with no tag in that granny-moblie...

Aww, did I run over your tricycle, NikiWiki?

twonabomber
05-23-2021, 07:22 PM
And I kinda hate Dodge right now with all of their jerkoff Challangers crap polluting the roadways these days with pansy wannabe morons, but I might learn to love them again if they come out with a proper Dakota...

Challengers don't have pansy wannabe four cylinder motors. But Mustangs do!