X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Best Of TV Commercial

I saw the Best of Both Worlds TV commercial while my wife was flipping channels...

Most of these Best Ofs by huge artists usually have old footage from years gone by, like the Beatles' 1, Stones' 40 Licks, or Beach Boys' Sounds of Summer.

This one had some clips from the old videos like Jump, When It's Love, etc, but most of the footage was from the new tour! With big fucking letters across the screen...'Van Halen On Tour Now!!' (should have read: Please come and see us to make our attendance look decent). Spammy running around in his yellow capri pants most of the commercial.

It was a joke. It was more an ad for their tour than the Best Of.

$$$$$$$$
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Im really sorry. That must have been a horrible experience....
    I mean that sincerly.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

It was Panamark. It was. Luckily I was online, so my attention was kind of diverted. I didn't get a chance to see Spam in all his ched glory.

Comment

• ZOSO
        Groupie
        • May 2004

They hardly even showed Dave. Maybe a couple of times from the back and nothing more. Ah, embarrassment...

And, if memory serves me right, the commercial opens w/ a bunch of EVH riffs-ALL of which were from the DLR era. Then again, I guess it's hard just finding a riff in anything Van Hagar ever did-let alone one that sounds decent.:p

Comment

• lms2

If they had used more Dave this thread would be much longer with people bitching about how wrong it was to do so.

Comment

• scottydabodi
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

I saw the same fuckin' commercial, and I just sat there, FROZEN with FEAR!!! Like a deer in the headlights, like Hagar looking at a Vagina-- Paralysed with absolute "Holy shit I can't BELIEVE this is happening" FEAR!!!! The ad is fucking BS put on TV by Azoff to try to spark interest in his failing tour of Has-Beens and Never-Weres... I wonder what % that dude's getting, if any, from this tour, and how much sleep he loses at night thinking about HALF FULL ARENAS!!!!! I guess he's gonna have to team his "talent" up to make some loot back for this FLOP... Van Hagar and Christina Aguilera on tour TOGETHER!! Well, at least their music is COMPATABLE.
            If you listen to fools
            The Mob Rules

Comment

• JCOOK

I saw it too--- i didnt' know whether to laugh my ass off or be pissed!
              VH along side Crazy Gideon commercials.-- Nice goin fellas!

Comment

Working...