PDA

View Full Version : Nomar to the Buccos ???

Va Beach VH Fan
07-11-2004, 08:32 PM
I don't believe it for a second, but I've seen stranger things happen...
Doesn't make any sense, he's a FA after this year.... Why would we need a rent-a-player for a last place team ???

http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-9/1089448659238510.xml

The Red Sox may have no choice but to move Garciaparra, who will be a free agent at season's end, before the trading deadline. One rumor has him going to Los Angeles in exchange for shortstop Cesar Izturis. Izturis isn't nearly the hitter that Garciaparra is, but his defense is special, and he and second baseman Pokey Reese would provide Boston with the best middle-infield defense in the American League. Another whisper making the rounds is Garciaparra to Pittsburgh for pitcher Kris Benson and shortstop Jack Wilson.

POJO_Risin
07-11-2004, 08:44 PM
The only way the Pirates SHOULD do that deal is if they realistically think they can make a playoff push...

I don't see it...and that move doesn't make any sense...

The Sox would acquire their SS of the future...and Pittsburgh would gain nothing...but asses in the seats...which is maybe what they are looking for...

Stranger things have happened...but that would be strange...

Snoo
07-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Bullshit. It's never going to get past whispers. We want prospects for Benson, not everyday players, and there is NO WAY Wilson is being traded for at least two years.

POJO_Risin
07-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Jesus Snoo...you get fired up easily bro...lmfao....

Trust me...nobody believes that shit...

Nomar will never be a Pirate...

ALinChainz
07-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Nope, Nomar goes West if anywhere.

Either league, but West.

Snoo
07-12-2004, 01:19 AM
Well, this one is particularly annoying, because I had tickets on the third base side for two games during the big Ten Game Winning Streak, and I got to see Wilson's "triple and error on Rolen" to win the game...jaw almost hit the cement when he went past second, and then two days later when he scored on Bobby Hill's first hit since high school. Don't forget though, Nomar COULD become a Pirate. Littlefield could die in a car wreck and Cam Bonifay could be rehired...

POJO_Risin
07-12-2004, 01:26 AM
Yeah...he'll be an Angel or a Dodger...

no doubt about it...if not this year...for sure next...

I could see Boston raiding the Dodger Cupboards...obviously Mota would be in that deal as well...

I could see the Mets though...this year possibly...put Reyes in that deal...he's a great SS...and they have some prospect to ante up...

but I'm thinking Chicago, LA or Anaheim...with Chicago being the interesting place...

and their SS isn't that shabby...

Snoo
07-12-2004, 01:34 AM
I don't know about Reyes. I've been a huge Mets fan all my life, even have a picture to prove it taken when I was three in a Mets jersey, and I know a lot about him...I don't know who will take a chance on him. He's a great hitter for average, has power, and can steal a ton of bases.

Unfortunately, he's also prone to getting hurt every three games. For both of those reasons, I can't see him being traded. A, because the Mets know his potential, and B, who wants to take a chance on an oft-injured prospect? Also, the Mets were close to getting Soriano at the beginning of the year to move to right, and Reyes was deemed untouchable at one point. I'd much rather have Soriano than Nomar.

redblkwht
07-12-2004, 01:51 AM
That rookie is awesome, i wouldnt trade him for anyone if i were the
pirates GM hes gonna be a keeper for years to come.
He amazed me in the series VS the cubs..

POJO_Risin
07-12-2004, 04:37 AM
Reyes never had injury problems until this year?...so how can you call him oft-injured? He hurt the hammy...which always causes issues in other areas...then injured his back in recovery...compensating...he's 100 percent now...and struggling at the plate for sure...but slowly coming around...

and a great fielder...smooth...at short...what...35 games last year without an error?...and they move him for Matsui...big mistake IMO...

I don't think Reyes is an injury problem...just this season...and I'd much rather have Soriano than anyone but probably ARod...but they aren't going to be getting him any time soon...

Snoo
07-12-2004, 11:03 AM
He also screwed up his ankle towards the end of last year. Can't forget, part of how they lured Matsui was the promise of teaming up with Reyes. Reyes wasn't there until recently, so it's not surprising Matsui hasn't lived up to expectations.

POJO_Risin
07-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah...and they had to promise Matsui the SS job...I'd move him to 2B...and put Reyes at short...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Snoo
and then two days later when he scored on Bobby Hill's first hit since high school.

Damn, why the Bobby Hill crack ???

I think he's going to be an excellent infielder for the Buccos, better than Castillo....

Snoo
07-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Just for being associated with that Ramirez and Lofton deal. I don't care what financial difficulty caused it, man. He needs to be better than Castillo, and soon. Imagine the left side of our infield with Wilson and Ramirez teaming up to crush the National League.

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 01:35 AM
Well...if Pittsburgh settles for Willingham...ever person in management of that team should be canned...with the amount of teams looking for pitching...if that's the best they can do...

they should be shot...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Amen brother....

Littlefield should tell the Mets, "No David Wright, no deal"..... The fucker is the shit here with the AAA Norfolk Tides....

Latest I heard is Benson to the Phils for their AA slugger 1B, Ryan Howard I think his name is....

Va Beach VH Fan
07-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Snoo
Just for being associated with that Ramirez and Lofton deal. I don't care what financial difficulty caused it, man. He needs to be better than Castillo, and soon. Imagine the left side of our infield with Wilson and Ramirez teaming up to crush the National League.

I hear ya bro, but I've liked Hill since first seeing him in spring training...

Excellent swing, good contact hitter, and he's been hitting over .300 all year, albeit not a full-time player....

Ramirez ?? Yeah, his bat not being there hurts, but Stevie Wonder could field better than he can.....

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Ahhhh...Ramirez is overrated...

he's got a good stick...sure...but he did squat for the Cubs during the run for the playoffs last year...

and like Va says...fields like a one-legged whore...