PDA

View Full Version : Time Mag Investigation Reveals: Edwards loves...

Ally_Kat
07-12-2004, 03:08 AM
diet coke. You thought it was something important, didn't you?

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040710/i/r1772321008.jpg

TIME MAG INVESTIGATION REVEALS: EDWARDS LOVES 'DIET COKE'

The nation's top magazine leads the journalism pack on Monday with an in-depth investigation on the background of Dem VP pick John Edwards.

TIME magazine's Karen Tumulty has learned: John Edwards drinks Diet Coke -- a lot of Diet Coke!

TIME unearths: "The North Carolinian who would be a caffeine-and-sodium-buzzed heartbeat away from the presidency subsequently admitted that 'on a good day' he has been known to open four before noon, at which point Kerry pronounced himself stunned, seized the can from Edwards and started reading the nutrition label aloud. 'Sodium, 2%. Protein, John, zero,' he called as Edwards scrambled for the door. As for himself, Kerry owned up: 'When I drink Coke, I have to drink the real thing, because of the sugar in it.'"

Not to be outdone by at least nine joint interviews Kerry and Edwards have conducted in the past few days with newspapers, news services and magazines, all embargoed for a Sunday release that would coincide with the pair's appearance on 60 MINUTES, editors at TIME snag the quote of the week:

"This man drinks a lot of Diet Coke," Kerry whispers to TIME, in its cover story set for maximum Monday impact.

Developing...

Ally_Kat
07-12-2004, 03:09 AM
Now, being a pepsi drinker, this just ruins my perception of him :p

We need a hardcore coke drinker to comment

lionsfan
07-12-2004, 03:24 AM
What a queef. Diet Coke? Give me a break...that's like drinking brown water.

lucky wilbury
07-12-2004, 03:25 AM
"Tome" magazine? :D

Ally_Kat
07-12-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
"Tome" magazine? :D

shut up! :p

Cathedral
07-12-2004, 04:37 AM
Interesting, I only vote for Pepsi drinkers...I own stock in it... :)

Wayne L.
07-12-2004, 06:25 AM
If the media thinks anybody cares whether Democratic vice presidential candidate & pretty boy John Edwards drinks Diet Coke then you know the media has way too much time on its hands!!!

FORD
07-12-2004, 09:06 AM
At least Edwards' Coke comes from a can. Not a mirror and a straw like the current occupant of the White House ;)

FORD
07-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
shut up! :p

Fixed it. :)

knuckleboner
07-12-2004, 11:37 AM
anybody see the video that photo of edwards with the football was taken from?

hilarious.

kerry looks comfortable throwing and tossing a football. and while it's clearly a PR, photo-op, at least it looks halfway believable.

edwards looks just goofy. and dropping more passes than featherstone in "necessary roughness..."

Ally_Kat
07-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Fixed it. :)

thanks hun

ELVIS
07-12-2004, 01:15 PM
I've been drinking Diet Coke for years...

I recently switched to Diet Vanilla Coke!

Yummy!

VanJay011379
07-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I've been drinking Diet Coke for years...

I recently switched to Diet Vanilla Coke!

Yummy!

Diet Vanilla Pepsi kicks Diet Vanilla Coke's ass.

Satan
07-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by VanJay011379
Diet Vanilla Pepsi kicks Diet Vanilla Coke's ass.

That's like saying Van Hagar is better than VDIII. While it may be technically a true statement, it is negated by the fact that both of them are garbage.