PDA

View Full Version : Dave STILL controls Halen

MAX
07-12-2004, 04:31 AM
Just something funny I thought of (Along with a new avatar. lol) regarding the lying dutchmen.

During the infamous 1996 Ed & Al interview, they both claimed the biggest point that stopped VH from reuniting with Dave is that Dave said:

"This isn't about your hip."

IT'S ABOUT ME!!!!

Heh! Heh! Heh!

Now, Van hagar's gay-assed single is entitled "It's About Time!!!!" LOL!!!!

Diamond STILL controls that band and they FUCKING KNOW IT!!!!! LMAO!!!!

I find it so pathetic when I read that Ed used to cry whenever Dave's name came up and Alex used to become enraged and destroy the studio's cabinets, walls and etc. Kinda show's who's the control freak aye? Also as to why Spam crawled back to Alex and not Edward to reconvene the pathetic lineup?

Cathedral
07-12-2004, 04:41 AM
ROTMFFLMMFAO, I'm not sure i get it, but as long as you do then you have my support.

Bob_R
07-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Just something funny I thought of (Along with a new avatar. lol) regarding the lying dutchmen.

During the infamous 1996 Ed & Al interview, they both claimed the biggest point that stopped VH from reuniting with Dave is that Dave said:

IT'S ABOUT ME!!!!

Heh! Heh! Heh!

I find it so pathetic when I read that Ed used to cry whenever Dave's name came up and Alex used to become enraged and destroy the studio's cabinets, walls and etc. Kinda show's who's the control freak aye? Also as to why Spam crawled back to Alex and not Edward to reconvene the pathetic lineup?

Right on buddy!

If you ever need a pic of AVH let me know! :D ;) :p

Bill Lumbergh
07-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Whenever a Sammy fan brings up that Dave quote to try and bash Dave, I respond with "I'm glad he fucking said that......Ya know what?! He was right!"

Terry
07-12-2004, 05:36 PM
The widely-held belief that the classic lineup of Van Halen is the only one that mattered is not gonna go away. As long as EVH and AVH keep going out there under the name VH, and Roth isn't there, it's always gonna be a factor.

Don't know why they bother trying to outdo OR ignore the legacy of the classic band. They aren't ever gonna top it, and nobody's ever gonna forget it.

Legendary bands like classic Van Halen don't come around often. Disposable bands like Van Hagar are a dime a dozen.

EVH and Alexis should be embracing what they did with Roth. Shit, even when Roth trashes those guys on a personal level in the press, you never hear him saying the music they made sucked.

Why bother fighting or denying it?

And the 1996 VMA appearance WAS about Roth rejoining the band, not Eddie's fucking hip.

Golden AWe
07-12-2004, 05:39 PM
I think we've all read the book too...

rustoffa
07-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Beck's take on the whole thing seems to sum it up for me.
I don't think there were ever any intentions on the brothers
part for it to go any further than that night. Dave could have
been Alan Alda all night and it wouldn't have mattered. "What
the hell is wrong with you? We're trying to remind these people
what VAN HALEN was all about and you suddenly become this
polite, reserved anamole of your former self? Let me tell you,
my hip is more important than your embarrassing display of
discretion."

What a fucking joke.

Rubnose
07-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by MAX

IT'S ABOUT ME!!!!

Heh! Heh! Heh!

That's GREAT!!

Someone should use that line as their signature.

Wouldn't that be a pisser?

:D

MAX
07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Rubnose
That's GREAT!!

Someone should use that line as their signature.

Wouldn't that be a pisser?

LOL!!!! Just for that I guess I owe you a vote ehh? :D

hot for david
07-13-2004, 02:48 AM