PDA

View Full Version : "Van Halen will never be big again...

Bob_R
07-12-2004, 10:27 AM
unless they get David Lee Roth back."

My wife, 7/10/04.

:)

L.S.D.
07-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC

My wife, 7/10/04.

Well ladi friggin da!

guwapo_rocker
07-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
Well ladi friggin da!

Hey Van Herpes, I think your buddy Diaper needs his nappy

changed. Run along now!!

Wayne L.
07-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Van Halen already made rock history a long time ago whether there is a reunion with Dave or not while they will never be what they once were before but that goes for the Rolling Stones as well!!!

Hollywood Jesus
07-12-2004, 10:55 AM
I've trained my family well too.

My wife doesn't think Van Hagar has anything to do with Van Halen. We're going to the Atomic Punks show Saturday.

Yesterday, my teenage daughter tests out the new CD player in the car by seeing how loud "Hot Fot Teacher" can get before distortion kicks in.

Van Halen, real Van Halen, is all about staying on the edge of distortion!

Bill Lumbergh
07-12-2004, 11:00 AM

My wife, 7/10/04.

Hey man, I'm sorry I called you a Hagarita a while back.........obviously I didnt know what the fuck I was talking about. Hey, my son is a major VH and Dave fan already........

Bob_R
07-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Hey man, I'm sorry I called you a Hagarita a while back.........obviously I didnt know what the fuck I was talking about. Hey, my son is a major VH and Dave fan already........

No problem bro. Things get hot under the collar sometimes. No harm, no foul.

EmpyreLounge44
07-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Van Halen will never be big again... period

their days as a HUGE draw year after year are over, no matter who the singer is.

Bob_R
07-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Well ladi friggin da!

Fuck off L oves S ucking D ick! :D

MAX
07-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Hey Buddy,

Glad to have you back!!!!! :bottle:

ZahZoo
07-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Given the nature of the music business these days I doubt any band will be "big" again. It's all lost on the youth of today... apparently with the exception of the few parents on-line here most kids haven't been educated on the finer aspects of rock'n'roll and like television everything has been dumbed down or homoginized to the point it's drivel...

Bill Lumbergh
07-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Even the shitty "rock" bands that sell millions today can hardly sell out small theatres.

L.S.D.
07-12-2004, 03:05 PM

Tell youre wife to stop sucking already, its starting to hurt.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-12-2004, 03:35 PM

My wife, 7/10/04.

Your wife has quite an ear for music! Congratulations, she's a catch, as I'm sure you already know!

DLR_EngineRoom
07-12-2004, 03:36 PM

Oh and by the way, Van Hagar STILL SUCKS....

L.S.D.
07-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Doesnt matter if you think it sucks. Its still Van halen to me.

Bob_R
07-12-2004, 04:23 PM

Grow up geek! :D

Terry
07-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Think Van Halen's window of opportunity to reunite and come back just as big as they were in the early 1980s has passed them by.

The band is just in such a state of disrepair, and content with floundering around, that it's doubtful even Roth's upbeat attitude could revive them.

But I think it's a more a case of Van Halen will never be as good as they once were again unless Roth comes back, whereas Roth's not gonna cast as big a shoadow in the media again unless he reunites with Van Halen.

Have serious doubts/don't believe that Roth reuniting with the band at this point would sell out football stadiums or have the drawing power to pull in 50 or 60,000 a show.

L.S.D.
07-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Think Van Halen's window of opportunity to reunite and come back just as big as they were in the early 1980s has passed them by.

The band is just in such a state of disrepair, and content with floundering around, that it's doubtful even Roth's upbeat attitude could revive them.

But I think it's a more a case of Van Halen will never be as good as they once were again unless Roth comes back, whereas Roth's not gonna cast as big a shoadow in the media again unless he reunites with Van Halen.

Have serious doubts/don't believe that Roth reuniting with the band at this point would sell out football stadiums or have the drawing power to pull in 50 or 60,000 a show.

Explain to me please how Roth, who cant even save his own career, nor write a song for himself that anyone gives a shit about, save Van Halen?

Van Halen is fine without him. You may not like it, and alot of people may not like it, but they are fine. Name a band from thier era that is selling more tix than VH is. Please, name one. Alot of people like the new songs and like what they are doing. So explain please. How would Dave save the band at this point in youre opinion.

guwapo_rocker
07-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Explain to me please how Roth, who cant even save his own career, nor write a song for himself that anyone gives a shit about, save Van Halen?

Van Halen is fine without him. You may not like it, and alot of people may not like it, but they are fine. Name a band from thier era that is selling more tix than VH is. Please, name one. Alot of people like the new songs and like what they are doing. So explain please. How would Dave save the band at this point in youre opinion.

The Wiggles??!!

L.S.D.
07-12-2004, 05:09 PM
nice, but that doesnt answer how dave would save them.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-12-2004, 06:04 PM

Van Halen is fine without him. So explain please. How would Dave save the band at this point in youre opinion.

OK.....up until now, I thought we were just having fun with you. After all, a Hagarita on the largest known DLR Fansite is a walking target for harsh fun.

But this latest post draws the line. You sound serious. And that can only mean that you've got your head shoved so far up your ass that you can clearly see what you had for breakfast.

Roth can't save VH? VH is fine without him?

If you can honestly say that, in all your naivety and truth, then I couldn't possibly have an answer that would make you see the truth.

But that would make your question hypothetical, in other words, you have a closed mind. You don't WANT to see a bigger picture, so why would any one of us bother with an explanation? We're not, so enjoy the internal view of your stomach.

Keeyth
07-12-2004, 07:13 PM

Hey now! That was MY line!:D

Terry
07-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Van Halen continued to sell records without Dave. About half as many, but 20 million over twenty plus years isn't a commercial failure by itself.

Commercially speaking, Roth on his own never matched what classic Halen did.

The 2004 version of Van Halen is of no interest to me. That others are content with what the band is doing doesn't sway my opinion of Van Hagar. That you don't care for Dave's solo material these days matters not in terms of me digging it.

Took Van Halen a little longer to hit the commercial bottom that Roth did, but they're more than well on their way now. Last full length studio album was a flop even by Van Hagar standards, never mind the bar set by the 6 pack.

Roth will always be the only frontman who ever mattered in terms of Van Halen.

Roth and Van Halen could sure use one another's company right now if they want even so much as a shot of attaining the greatest success they experienced in the bands history. Hagar in the band has proven to be a case of diminishing returns.

Best music, greatest monetary and commercial success, greatest amount of satisfied fans all linked to the classic lineup.

Seshmeister
07-12-2004, 11:24 PM

Explain to me please the best way to con people out of bootlegs you thieving windbag.

scottydabodi
07-12-2004, 11:54 PM
I was just WAITING for someone to say that about LSD... I hear he's ripped off MANY folks with his "Let's Trade Boots" ploy... funny that a dickhead like that would still post on a site where no one likes him, and more than a few here have been stolen from by him... Just take a look at the Fan Introduction thread... pretty fuckin pathetic.

Rebel
07-13-2004, 03:04 AM
Check yer PM

L.S.D.
07-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
I was just WAITING for someone to say that about LSD... I hear he's ripped off MANY folks with his "Let's Trade Boots" ploy... funny that a dickhead like that would still post on a site where no one likes him, and more than a few here have been stolen from by him... Just take a look at the Fan Introduction thread... pretty fuckin pathetic.

Thats funny, cuiz I have had one trade, one that didnt pan out yet, because I moved and my cd burner is broke. Go to my list of shows at db.etree.org/bisco2 and tell me I got all of those by ripping people off.

guwapo_rocker
07-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Thats funny, cuiz I have had one trade, one that didnt pan out yet, because I moved and my cd burner is broke. Go to my list of shows at db.etree.org/bisco2 and tell me I got all of those by ripping people off.

I hear you still live with your parents William!

L.S.D.
07-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
I hear you still live with your parents William!

not true. But thanks for caring.

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Show this loser the door.

Not worthy of membership status at a Roth site.

Any Roth site.

L.S.D.
07-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Show this loser the door.

Not worthy of membership status at a Roth site.

Any Roth site.

Fucking get over it.

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Oh, we'll be over it.

And you'll be out of it.

Hopefully you'll be part of the big clean-up.

L.S.D.
07-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Oh, we'll be over it.

And you'll be out of it.

Hopefully you'll be part of the big clean-up.

what? Youre retarded ass doesnt make any fucking sense. Go smoke some crack while shooting up to Alice In Chains.

puke.

BRANDON
07-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Doesnt matter if you think it sucks. Its still Van halen to me.

RIGHT, WHAT A LOSER

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 03:12 PM
LOL ... I'm a puke.

Let's put it to a vote ... "Basement Boy".

Oh and it makes perfect sense. Just keep bashing Dave with that award winning personality, it'll make sense to you too.

"Lives Secluded Downstairs".

Keeyth
07-13-2004, 03:17 PM
LOL ... I'm a puke.

Let's put it to a vote ... "Basement Boy".

Oh and it makes perfect sense. Just keep bashing Dave with that award winning personality, it'll make sense to you too.

"Lives Secluded Downstairs".

"Lactic Scrotum Discharge" :D

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 03:21 PM
"Listerine Scared Dickbreath" :D

Keeyth
07-13-2004, 03:25 PM
"Listerine Scared Dickbreath" :D

"Likes Smelling Dogshit":D

L.S.D.
07-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
"Likes Smelling Dogshit":D

pretty funny for a couple of white trash burnouts.

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 04:03 PM
"Loves Swallowing Donkey".

LOL .. I'm white trash? A burnout? Hardly, not even close.

Misery loves company doesn't it?

Telling us a lot that we don't know already about you.

Keeyth
07-13-2004, 04:08 PM

Ah, though we lower ourselves to speak to you, do not confuse us as being in the same social class as yourself. In a public setting, we would be required to ignore, not speak, to you.

Now, go fuck your sister before she has to leave for kindergarten!:D

Carmine
07-13-2004, 04:15 PM

"Burnouts", thats what we used to call the stoner kids...IN HIGH SCHOOL!

Keeyth
07-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by DLRoswegony

LSD never went to High School...

Carmine
07-13-2004, 04:32 PM

:elvis:

BenJammin
07-13-2004, 05:04 PM

It's about the chemistry. Simple minds can often understand complex relationships thru analogies... so here's one for you. Oxygen by itself is just oxygen. The same for hydrogen. In different combinations they make the things we need to live on like O2 (the oxygen you can breath) and water (H20)! Dave and Ed combine in a chemical way that makes something useful.

However the true chemistry between Ed and DLR is a highly volatile and catalytic one that produces spectacular fireworks, which unfortunately produces a lot of acidic by-products.

Sammy and Ed combined are just a useless, benign compound... no acid by-products, yet no notable reaction. I think the compound resembles something like a luncheon meat (i.e. SPAM!)

L.S.D.
07-13-2004, 05:23 PM

whatever, I graduated from the University of Iowa 4 years ago jackass.

guwapo_rocker
07-13-2004, 05:26 PM

With a degree in spud farming, or was it goat milking?

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by DLRoswegony

And his user name , LSD, what the fuck does that make him?

So people will think he's cool?

Instead of a tool?

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 05:28 PM

Yeah, that spelling and grammar scream a degree to me.

bru87tr
07-13-2004, 05:33 PM
im with Zah, rock n roll will never have a huge band again. atleast thats what it feels like.

its disposable music and cant believe the kids of today have not learned anything from thier parents. my girls will be completely brought up on classic rock!!!!!!

my 3 year old knows who DLR is!!!!

Keeyth
07-13-2004, 06:09 PM

Longpole Sucking Degree???:D

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Licensed Sheep Defecator?

DLR_EngineRoom
07-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Fucking get over it.

I get the sinking feeling that L.S.D. is another Roth fan just stirring shit to make this site 'more interesting' at times.

I've had that 'sinking feeling' for awhile now.

Keeyth
07-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
I get the sinking feeling that L.S.D. is another Roth fan just stirring shit to make this site 'more interesting' at times.

You mean the "Loser Sinks Dave" just for fun?

Some life that Iowa State graduate has, huh?

guwapo_rocker
07-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom

Nope, if he was a Dave fan his posts wouldn't be so childish

and moronic. Even taking the other side, he would have

something intelligent to say which isn't the case with

Loves Smoking Dong!!

scottydabodi
07-13-2004, 09:41 PM
LSD=Long Schlong DOWNTHEHATCH

Rebel
07-13-2004, 11:32 PM

Even if it is just one out of a hundred, there's still that one guy/girl that got ripped off, it's not right dude.

scottydabodi
07-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Rebel's right, and considering you're such a jerk on this Forum, you ain't winnin' anyone over to your little cause there Long Schlong Downthehatch.

rockvanhalen66
07-14-2004, 01:02 AM
you can say one thing for vanhalen. at least there notplaying clubs. they are still doing the big shows. if it were me i would take an arena over a club any day.