PDA

View Full Version : Tesla Twat Buys Twitter

FORD
04-25-2022, 09:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gClCj-nPDtY

Nitro Express
04-26-2022, 02:21 AM
He paid a ton for it. The stockholders made money. I have no idea why the public let’s a few platforms become dominant. Social media has bottlenecked the internet into a lame dysfunctional family ass fucking contest. It’s really ruined things.

Nitro Express
04-26-2022, 07:17 AM
When the internet was the Wild West it was at it’s best. When social media platforms drew everyone to them it put control of a lot of information in a few hands. What you posted became their property and they got rich selling your data and they even tracked your other apps. Then the censorship and canceling started. I always avoided the big social media platforms for personal use. Why be a slave?

twonabomber
04-26-2022, 01:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/NfZmo2k.png

twonabomber
04-26-2022, 01:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9uRuCQa.jpg

FORD
04-26-2022, 08:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dsEQA__NGY

FORD
04-27-2022, 08:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suKwudEt-Zk

twonabomber
04-27-2022, 08:54 PM
for someone who claims to not use Twitter, you sure bitch about Twitter a lot

FORD
04-27-2022, 08:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkVTF65cIFo

Seshmeister
04-27-2022, 10:25 PM
This seems to be splitting left right but yet again I think people are wrong to be using these old ways of identifying themselves or the people in charge - these days it's authoritarian v permissive but because the authoritarians pretend to be about freedom and because the 'left' in the US are referred to as liberal everyone is fucking confused about everything. :)

Billionaires have enough power without giving them more whether it's running social media or being president - it's a bad idea and it's highly unlikely they are going to have your interests at heart. Especially if you are not also at the very least a millionaire.

Also I don't understand people who think that billionaires are more in tune with the common man and not 'elites' than someone from an average background who becomes a professor of public health or whatever.

Usually sensible people are fanboys of a South African Blofeld. It's nuts.

Nitro Express
04-28-2022, 03:24 AM
The rich own everything including the politicians so you can’t win. People love money too much. It is what it is. Nobody is going to take care of you. Thinking someone will is the most naive view of all. The world is a very nasty place.

Nitro Express
04-28-2022, 03:27 AM
What levels the playing field is things like the Black Plague. It killed so many of the authoritarians it created a renaissance because of the freedom it created.

Massive die offs are the game changers not politics. Politics is kabuki theater.

twonabomber
04-28-2022, 06:50 AM
Usually sensible people are fanboys of a South African Blofeld. It's nuts.

An African American billionaire taking heat. Guy can't win! :D

I just love the outrage. I don't use Twitter, don't have stock, don't have a dog in the fight.

Seshmeister
04-28-2022, 07:31 AM
I didn't mean you were a fanboy but its a thing. If you say anything against Musk online you get piled in on social media. There are a bunch of people a lot of them very young who won't hear a word against him in a cultish type way. Given his track record of making shit up it's maybe not a great thing for him to control a massive worldwide communications network which is kind of a monopoly. Nitro is about to say not great people own and run most things but they don't usually have such a high profile and influence. The guy has also surrounded the planet with hundreds of satellites FFS, he could easily pull a Hugo Drax move if he wanted. :)

twonabomber
04-28-2022, 07:35 AM
I wouldn't consider myself "sensible." You haven't seen my driveway lately :D

I saw some group claimed the government could put an end to the Twitter buy since Musk also runs Starlink and that it would be a conflict of interest to have both.

Bezos going after Musk is a joke, too.

Nitro Express
04-28-2022, 04:21 PM
Elon Musk is one of the Department of Defense biggest contractors so he could be a front. Both Facebook and Twitter were developed by DARPA. Since our tax money went towards developing them they should be public utilities.

Nitro Express
04-28-2022, 04:23 PM
Starlink very well could be an alternative internet. Maybe the military is using it.

Seshmeister
04-28-2022, 09:07 PM
Musk has seen the massive power Trump wielded on Twitter and wants some of that. Agree politically with Trump or not but it's undeniable that he said a bunch of stuff on twitter that wasn't opinion it was factually untrue and millions of people maybe even the majority of people would believe it.

Some good could come of Musk taking over Twitter, it's a sewer just now and his talk of accountability and open source algorithms bringing transparency would be great but forgive me if I don't trust him - the guy has much form as not being a straight shooter at all.

Seshmeister
04-28-2022, 09:09 PM
Starlink very well could be an alternative internet. Maybe the military is using it.

And when he used it to help Ukraine I thought great but with these guys you have to constantly question what they are up to and how much power they are wielding and not be blinkered by the fact that sometimes they may do something you like.

FORD
04-28-2022, 11:41 PM
I like the cars that Tesla makes. Even if the prices are insane.... it's been a net gain for the planet because it pushed other car companies into taking electrics more seriously. It's just too bad that he turned into such a douchebag. Maybe it's genetic because he's from fucking South Africa (especially the stories about apartheid being alive & well at some of the Tesla factories)

Nitro Express
04-29-2022, 02:23 AM
And when he used it to help Ukraine I thought great but with these guys you have to constantly question what they are up to and how much power they are wielding and not be blinkered by the fact that sometimes they may do something you like.

My question is why were they in such a hurry to deploy it? Providing internet access for rural communities isn’t that important. Someone wants to move information securely. It could be the foundation of a new financial system. One thing for sure, who controls Musk controls the system.

Nitro Express
04-29-2022, 02:27 AM
I like the cars that Tesla makes. Even if the prices are insane.... it's been a net gain for the planet because it pushed other car companies into taking electrics more seriously. It's just too bad that he turned into such a douchebag. Maybe it's genetic because he's from fucking South Africa (especially the stories about apartheid being alive & well at some of the Tesla factories)

Charging them is still a bitch if you can’t plug them in inside a garage. The batteries have gotten better but Teslas have caused some fires from the batteries. There’s a niche for electric vehicles but they aren’t the best choice in a lot of situations.

Nitro Express
04-29-2022, 02:32 AM
Musk has seen the massive power Trump wielded on Twitter and wants some of that. Agree politically with Trump or not but it's undeniable that he said a bunch of stuff on twitter that wasn't opinion it was factually untrue and millions of people maybe even the majority of people would believe it.

Some good could come of Musk taking over Twitter, it's a sewer just now and his talk of accountability and open source algorithms bringing transparency would be great but forgive me if I don't trust him - the guy has much form as not being a straight shooter at all.

Twitter has always been a sewer. I call it shitter. People have always been assholes on message boards. People are assholes, that’s why we lock things up. We’ve never had completely honest anything at anytime.

Nitro Express
04-29-2022, 02:33 AM
Anyways stop wishing for the magical utopia. It’s never going to happen.

twonabomber
04-29-2022, 04:17 AM
Charging them is still a bitch if you can’t plug them in inside a garage. The batteries have gotten better but Teslas have caused some fires from the batteries. There’s a niche for electric vehicles but they aren’t the best choice in a lot of situations.

Mining the minerals for the batteries is problematic. Disposing of the batteries is problematic. Charging the batteries is problematic. There's still oil in the plastics and tires.

I'll go electric just as soon as the entire presidential motorcade does. Until then, I will enjoy my V8's and V6's.

Nitro Express
04-29-2022, 04:34 PM
Yup. Most people don’t know there’s a major oil field under Beverly Hills. It’s been pumping oil for years but the people who live over it don’t even know. Compare that to your average lithium mine.

FORD
04-29-2022, 08:38 PM
Twitter has always been a sewer. I call it shitter. People have always been assholes on message boards. People are assholes, that’s why we lock things up. We’ve never had completely honest anything at anytime.

It's a godless communist platform. Margie Traitor Greedy says so.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye3ZIk8jb-w

FORD
04-29-2022, 08:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97YhPC6xJE8
Slightly off topic, but it shows how fucked up Elon's idea of "left wing bias" is.

Seshmeister
04-29-2022, 09:51 PM
Also surely no one has moved more than the Republicans to the right?

Nickdfresh
04-30-2022, 09:52 AM
Elon Musk tweets he’s buying Coca-Cola next to ‘put the cocaine back in’
by: Dylan Abad, Nexstar Media Wire

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 / 12:58 PM PDT

Updated: Apr 28, 2022 / 12:59 PM PDT

Tesla CEO Elon Musk perhaps jokingly tweeted Wednesday that his next business venture will be to purchase the popular soft drink manufacturer Coca-Cola to “put the cocaine back in” the drink, KTLA sister station WFLA reports.

“Next I’m buying Coca-Cola to put the cocaine back in,” Musk’s tweet said. Less than 24 hours later, the post surpassed half a million retweets and 3 million likes.

While the comment was more than likely satirical in nature, it does bear some historical truth.

In the late 1800s, cocaine was used as a primary ingredient for flavor in Coca-Cola, according to the DEA Museum. The amount of cocaine added to the drink slowly reduced over time until it was removed from the list of ingredients entirely in the early 1900s.

Musk’s tongue-in-cheek comment came days after the billionaire reached an agreement to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion.

Musk said in a joint statement with Twitter that he wants to make the service “better than ever.” He added that new features such as getting rid of automated “spam” accounts and making its algorithms open to the public could be on the horizon.

The outspoken Tesla CEO has said he wanted to own and privatize Twitter because he thinks it’s not living up to its potential as a platform for free speech.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://ktla.com/news/elon-musk-tweets-hes-buying-coca-cola-next-to-put-the-cocaine-back-in/

FORD
04-30-2022, 11:52 AM
As long as he takes the high fructose corn poison out of it, that might not be such a bad thing.

Seshmeister
05-01-2022, 11:20 AM
I heard him described recently as if you gave an 11 year old boy 200 billion dollars.

He's not that dumb though - he did manage to date Amber Hurd for a year without losing $30 million, but he was dumb enough to date her so I guess there is a balance. :)

https://youtu.be/qFrD4sPEEgU

Seshmeister
05-01-2022, 01:18 PM
A REMINDER OF JUST SOME OF THE TERRIBLE THINGS ELON MUSK HAS SAID AND DONE

From regularly attacking his perceived enemies to running a company accused of rampant racism and sexism, it’s not hard to see why so many people are up in arms about him taking over Twitter.

BY BESS LEVIN

APRIL 26, 2022

Claiming in March 2020 that people worried about the coronavirus were “dumb”
Predicting on March 19, 2020, that the U.S. was going to have “close to zero new cases” by the end of April
Questioning the safety of the COVID-19 vaccines, and baselessly asserting that there were “quite a few negative reactions” to getting a second shot
Likening Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau to Hitler
Saying the U.S. government shouldn‘t provide subsidies to companies after receiving billions in subsidies from the U.S government
Using Twitter to engage in securities fraud
Tweeting, “Pronouns suck”
Tweeting misogynistic things at Senator Elizabeth Warren because she said he should pay more in taxes
Writing to Bernie Sanders, who also thinks the richest man in the world should pay more in taxes, “I keep forgetting that you’re still alive”
Tweeting dumb, sexist jokes
Tweeting a photo of Bill Gates and writing, “in case u need to lose a boner fast”
Tweeting in 2018 that Tesla factory workers could lose their stock options if they unionized
Baselessly accusing a British cave diver instrumental in rescuing a trapped football team of being a “pedo guy” because he, like others, said Musk’s idea to send in a submarine wouldn’t work

While off-line, and more consequentially:

Reopening a Tesla factory in violation of public health orders, where 450 cases were subsequently recorded
Running a company (Tesla) that was ordered to pay nearly $137 million to a former Black employee who said the company ignored repeated complaints that he was called the N-word and that his colleagues “had drawn swastikas and scratched a racial epithet in a bathroom stall and left drawings of derogatory caricatures of Black children around the factory.” (In a message to Tesla employees, a human resources executive downplayed the man’s allegations, noting he was a contractor, not a full-time staffer, and that other witnesses had said that while they heard racial slurs, they were used in a “friendly” manner. The H.R. executive added that the company was “not perfect” at the time of the incidents, and “is still not perfect,” but has “come a long way.”)
Running a company (Tesla), where a female worker said sexual harassment was “rampant,” alleging “nightmarish conditions” and a factory that “more resembles a crude, archaic construction site or frat house than a cutting-edge company in the heart of the progressive San Francisco Bay area.” (The company did not respond to multiple requests for comment from The Washington Post, which noted Tesla “does not typically respond to press inquiries.”)
Running a company (Tesla) that employees have called a “modern-day sweatshop” (In response, Telsa said it abided by California laws.)
Attempting to “destroy a Tesla whistleblower”
Reportedly exploding at “executives and lower-ranking workers” alike, and allegedly firing people who disagreed with him (Musk has denied allegations that he goes on firing sprees)
Announcing Tesla’s headquarters would move to Texas one month after the state effectively banned all abortions
Paying a private investigator $50,000 to dig up dirt on the cave diver he called “pedo guy”

That’s a disturbing list for a random person not taking over a company that plays a role in millions of people’s lives, and exponentially more so for one who is.

More at https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/elon-musk-twitter-terrible-things-hes-said-and-done?

twonabomber
05-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Writing to Bernie Sanders, who also thinks the richest man in the world should pay more in taxes, “I keep forgetting that you’re still alive”

We'd forget Sanders was still alive but FORD always brings him up!

FORD
05-01-2022, 05:29 PM
Well, somebody has to. God knows the corporate media won't give him the time of day. :(

Nickdfresh
05-01-2022, 05:48 PM
A REMINDER OF JUST SOME OF THE TERRIBLE THINGS ELON MUSK HAS SAID AND DONE

From regularly attacking his perceived enemies to running a company accused of rampant racism and sexism, it’s not hard to see why so many people are up in arms about him taking over Twitter.

BY BESS LEVIN

APRIL 26, 2022

Claiming in March 2020 that people worried about the coronavirus were “dumb”
Predicting on March 19, 2020, that the U.S. was going to have “close to zero new cases” by the end of April
Questioning the safety of the COVID-19 vaccines, and baselessly asserting that there were “quite a few negative reactions” to getting a second shot
Likening Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau to Hitler
Saying the U.S. government shouldn‘t provide subsidies to companies after receiving billions in subsidies from the U.S government
Using Twitter to engage in securities fraud
Tweeting, “Pronouns suck”
Tweeting misogynistic things at Senator Elizabeth Warren because she said he should pay more in taxes
Tweeting dumb, sexist jokes
Tweeting a photo of Bill Gates and writing, “in case u need to lose a boner fast”
Tweeting in 2018 that Tesla factory workers could lose their stock options if they unionized
Baselessly accusing a British cave diver instrumental in rescuing a trapped football team of being a “pedo guy” because he, like others, said Musk’s idea to send in a submarine wouldn’t work

While off-line, and more consequentially:

Reopening a Tesla factory in violation of public health orders, where 450 cases were subsequently recorded
Running a company (Tesla) that was ordered to pay nearly $137 million to a former Black employee who said the company ignored repeated complaints that he was called the N-word and that his colleagues “had drawn swastikas and scratched a racial epithet in a bathroom stall and left drawings of derogatory caricatures of Black children around the factory.” (In a message to Tesla employees, a human resources executive downplayed the man’s allegations, noting he was a contractor, not a full-time staffer, and that other witnesses had said that while they heard racial slurs, they were used in a “friendly” manner. The H.R. executive added that the company was “not perfect” at the time of the incidents, and “is still not perfect,” but has “come a long way.”)
Running a company (Tesla), where a female worker said sexual harassment was “rampant,” alleging “nightmarish conditions” and a factory that “more resembles a crude, archaic construction site or frat house than a cutting-edge company in the heart of the progressive San Francisco Bay area.” (The company did not respond to multiple requests for comment from The Washington Post, which noted Tesla “does not typically respond to press inquiries.”)
Running a company (Tesla) that employees have called a “modern-day sweatshop” (In response, Telsa said it abided by California laws.)
Attempting to “destroy a Tesla whistleblower”
Reportedly exploding at “executives and lower-ranking workers” alike, and allegedly firing people who disagreed with him (Musk has denied allegations that he goes on firing sprees)
Announcing Tesla’s headquarters would move to Texas one month after the state effectively banned all abortions
Paying a private investigator $50,000 to dig up dirt on the cave diver he called “pedo guy”

That’s a disturbing list for a random person not taking over a company that plays a role in millions of people’s lives, and exponentially more so for one who is.

More at https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/elon-musk-twitter-terrible-things-hes-said-and-done?

Not implicitly mentioned is that Tesla has a horrific safety record at its plants. And of course, Musk is autistic; he's extremely high functioning but he still won't "get" a lot of things on any sort of human level which makes him erratic indeed...

FORD
05-19-2022, 08:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5h2Ff3dpo

Nitro Express
05-20-2022, 04:04 AM

Musk could be a front giving the Ukraine communications so they can be monitored. He might be getting a lot of his technology from the Department of Defense. What better way to find out what’s really going on. You have to remember the US Government is at war with itself at the moment.

FORD
06-03-2022, 08:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euwth264sTY

FORD
07-08-2022, 06:00 PM
UPDATE: Tesla Twat NOT Buying Twitter!!

theguardian.com
Elon Musk withdraws $44bn bid to buy Twitter after weeks of high drama
Kari Paul

Elon Musk has withdrawn his $44bn bid to buy Twitter after a dramatic few weeks in the company’s corporate history.

“Mr Musk is terminating the merger agreement because Twitter is in material breach of multiple provisions of that agreement, appears to have made false and misleading representations upon which Mr Musk relied when entering into the Merger Agreement, and is likely to suffer a Company Material Adverse Effect,” wrote lawyers for Musk to Twitter.

The Tesla CEO and richest man on earth had reached a deal to buy Twitter on 25 April, with Musk offering to purchase all of the company’s shares for $54.20 each.

The deal came after weeks of speculation over the company’s future following a 4 April revelation that Musk had become the social media platform’s largest single shareholder.

Musk declared a takeover bid on 14 April, and Twitter’s board agreed after Musk confirmed a funding package for the deal that included $21bn of his own money.

With the deal, Musk stood to take control of a social media network with more than 200 million users. An avid, but critical user of the platform, he had vowed to push through various reforms, including relaxing its content restrictions, ridding the platform of fake and automated accounts and shifting away from its advertising-based revenue model.

Musk announced 13 May that the deal was “on hold” while he awaited details supporting Twitter’s assertion that fewer than 5% of its users were spam or fake accounts. He has asserted the number is 20% and Twitter will need to show proof of the lower number for the purchase to go through.

Twitter chief executive, Parag Agrawal, attempted to address Musk’s concerns in a lengthy tweet thread but his efforts to explain the problem “with the benefit of data, facts, and context” were met with a poo emoji from the world’s richest person.

Musk later suggested he could seek to pay a lower price for Twitter because of the fake accounts issue. Speaking virtually at a conference in Miami, he said reducing his agreed $54.20 a share offer would not be “out of the question”. However, the terms of Musk’s takeover agreement with Twitter gave him only limited room for manoeuvre, legal experts said.

The Musk takeover had been controversial among Twitter employees, with consternation among staff growing after Musk engaged with tweets criticizing Twitter staff following the announcement of the agreement.

According to the 95-page acquisition agreement filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, Musk would have to pay Twitter $1bn if he walked away from the deal. Similarly, Twitter had agreed to pay a $1bn fee to the entrepreneur if, for instance, it accepted a higher bid from elsewhere.

More details soon …

Nitro Express
07-09-2022, 11:59 PM
Ha! Twitter wasn't worth what he was claiming he was willing to pay for it; especially now. It's like he ran a sting operation on them because they are fucked now which brings up a valid question. What's real online? Twitter took mind fuckery to a whole new level.

FORD
07-10-2022, 03:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFSLaOecWVY

FORD
10-29-2022, 05:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfkZDWlQwhk

FORD
11-02-2022, 08:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msur-YTWjsk

FORD
11-05-2022, 11:23 PM
https://i.redd.it/ekmqzsz4u6y91.jpg

FORD
11-06-2022, 03:55 PM
Apparently Valerie Bertinelli is now trolling Twitter.... she's impersonating Elon the twat himself, to "retweet" Democratic election messages....

Palmer Report

@PalmerReport
·
Follow
Valerie Bertinelli has changed her Twitter name to “Elon Musk” and she’s using it to retweet Democratic candidates. This is the greatest thing that has ever happened ��
4:05 PM · Nov 5, 2022

https://i.imgur.com/Ovcescp.jpeg

Seshmeister
11-06-2022, 08:51 PM
In what fucking world does it make any sort of sense to have an Aspergers/Autistic person in charge of Twitter?

It makes Facebook being run by that creepy weirdo seem less crazy.

If Elon wants some free advice after 7 or 8 years I can tell him that taking on a social media site there is no right way to do free speech and whatever you do is going to make a bunch of people angry and abusive and what you used to do for fun for free starts to cost $$$ and be less fun. :D

I learned today that Hungary, a country with a fucking nutjob running it only it has 4 Twitter moderators for a population of 9.7 million.

We have way more than that here... :)

Seshmeister
11-06-2022, 09:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Ovcescp.jpeg

Don't know anything about this guy but his English isn't as good as the original Mandela and he wasn't a native speaker.

Nitro Express
11-06-2022, 10:20 PM
In what fucking world does it make any sort of sense to have an Aspergers/Autistic person in charge of Twitter?

If Elon wants some free advice after 7 or 8 years I can tell him that taking on a social media site there is no right way to do free speech and whatever you do is going to make a bunch of people angry and abusive and what you used to do for fun for free starts to cost $$$ and be less fun. :D

I learned today that Hungary, a country with a fucking nutjob running it only it has 4 Twitter moderators for a population of 9.7 million.

We have way more than that here... :)

You won’t get free speech on the big platforms. You get free speech on the small platforms like this one.

FORD
11-06-2022, 11:04 PM
Don't know anything about this guy but his English isn't as good as the original Mandela and he wasn't a native speaker.

Mandela Barnes could speak entirely in a foreign language and he would still be more coherent than the fool he's running against....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWMmnfjTT8s

Seshmeister
11-07-2022, 07:48 AM
I don't know about other countries but candidates in the US and UK seem to get poorer every year. Either it's the selection systems or the fact that good people don't want the gig any more. I heard an ex French president say it's the later in France.

twonabomber
11-07-2022, 09:35 AM

Meta might be slashing jobs soon. Stock tanked I guess.

ZahZoo
11-07-2022, 01:59 PM
I don't know about other countries but candidates in the US and UK seem to get poorer every year. Either it's the selection systems or the fact that good people don't want the gig any more. I heard an ex French president say it's the later in France.

Good people don't want it... plus you have to follow the money and see who's behind a lot of the current people in power. The money holders are the ones who decide to back a candidate or not. Clearly they can't control strong minded candidates so they choose weasels that can be herded to support their causes.

Nickdfresh
11-07-2022, 08:55 PM
Comedians, Actors & Chiptune Artists Suspended From Twitter Because Elon Musk Has No Idea What He's Doing
Luke Plunkett
Sun, November 6, 2022 at 11:30 PM·5 min read
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/mX1Q.R41TBP3frxymXJyfg--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTU0MDtjZj13ZWJw/https://media.zenfs.com/en/kotaku_564/d083e5060ec0c6bb6dc3dfc444120ede
A number of high-profile, verified users have had their Twitter accounts suspended over the last few days after seemingly breaking, but also not breaking, some new rules instituted by the site’s new owner, Elon Musk.

Musk, who bought the social media platform despite not knowing what to do with it, how to run it or being able to afford it, began his tenure last month by celebrating the return of free speech, quickly reminding anyone that the people championing “free speech” the loudest are rarely interested in any such thing.

One of the big reasons his brief reign has proven so unpopular—along with mass (possibly illegal) firings, uncertainty over paid membership costs and just general Divorced Guy ramblings—has been his promised overhaul of Twitter’s verification process, which grants public figures (and those working in lines of work rife with impersonation, like journalism) a little blue tick next to their names. It’s a tiny little thing designed to simply let the masses know you are actually the person you’re claiming to be, but for brainworm reasons Free Speech and MAGA weirdos have spent years obsessing over them, elevating an administrative feature into something they think is a discriminatory, digital caste system.

As such, one of Musk’s first orders of business as Twitter owner was to float the idea of replacing the current verification process—one where Twitter manually verifies with your people/company that you’re actually you—with...a system where anyone can pay $8 for a blue tick (a move that has since been delayed until after the US midterm elections).

Because this is such an astoundingly stupid (and dangerous!) idea, many verified users have been spending the last few days changing their usernames and profile pics to the same ones used by Musk himself, in clear and obvious examples of what’s going to happen on a global scale should the verification process be overhauled in this way.

Musk, wildly in over his head and having spent the last few days flailing around like a substitute teacher who has lost the class, sought to cut this practice—simply a taste of what’s to come!—out earlier today when he said “Going forward, any Twitter handles engaging in impersonation without clearly specifying ‘parody’ will be permanently suspended”.

Popular Australian satire website The Chaser appeared to be one of the victims of these new guidelines, their account being locked down not long after changing their name to resemble Musk’s, despite clearly following this rule and marking their account as parody (they also didn’t even change their name to ‘Elon Musk’, they changed it to ‘Elom Musk’).

Their account has however since been restored, with the new name ‘Elon Musk Fondles Dogs’:

They’re not alone. Ethan Klein has met a similar fate. And Kathy Griffin. Even Chipzel, who is not only a huge chiptune artist but has also done the soundtracks for games like Super Hexagon and Dicey Dungeons, found her own account suspended today, having earlier changed her name to ‘🌈elon musk “parody”’, which again does not violate the rule as Musk himself stated it.

UPDATE 11:59pm - Chipzel’s account has been kinda restored, though with this warning page appearing before viewers can access her feed:

What both do appear to violate is a different rule he hastily introduced straight afterwards, which incredibly seeks to stop verified users from changing their display name (Tweets will always display two names, a display name you can edit and your actual Twitter username, which you cannot). In a follow-up Tweet, he says “Any name change at all will cause temporary loss of verified checkmark”, which given the frequency with which people do this—for everything from sports events to Halloween to the holiday season—is incredibly funny:

Former NFL punter (and Kotaku commenter) Chris Kluwe is another verified user who has been suspended, having also changed his profile pic and display name to match Musk’s (along with tweeting some mean things about Tesla cars). That’s a pretty heavy-handed rule just to try and stop people making fun of you on the internet!

If only Twitter had some kind of existing verification process that could easily sort out which accounts were real and which were fake. Ah well!

It’s weird that all these accounts were fully locked down, instead of just temporarily losing their verification like he clearly stated, but with half of Twitter’s staff fired and the other half burned to a crisp I guess mix-ups, hastily-implemented policy decisions, not knowing which hare-brained idea you actually got suspended for and billionaires wailing “I’m not owned! I’m not owned!!” are going to be the norm for the foreseeable future.

I’ve contacted Twitter for clarification on just which rule the affected accounts broke, and will update if they can ever find out and get back to me.

UPDATE 2, 1:25am ET November 7: Here’s a notification another verified user received, spelling out the ways in which their account details were in violation of new Twitter rules, and the steps required to have their suspension lifted (basically delete the Elon profile pic and name):

https://www.yahoo.com/video/comedians-actors-chiptune-artists-among-043000925.html

Nickdfresh
11-07-2022, 09:01 PM
Good people don't want it... plus you have to follow the money and see who's behind a lot of the current people in power. The money holders are the ones who decide to back a candidate or not. Clearly they can't control strong minded candidates so they choose weasels that can be herded to support their causes.

Gee Zah, which "causes"? The oil and gas industry? Fox News? Big pharma? I'm sure as a wise old man you don't support any of that!

It's kind of like watching Nitrous Oxide fumble around here saying things like "all politicians are corrupt" after voting for the most corrupt bastards in modern US history and rationalizing it...

Nitro Express
11-08-2022, 01:10 AM

For the qualified people there are better ways to make a living than politics. Also there are a lot of people with money who want a political puppet. Typically unqualified bullshit artists are willing to be a puppet because they couldn’t make the same money and live the lifestyle any other way.

Nitro Express
11-08-2022, 01:13 AM
Gee Zah, which "causes"? The oil and gas industry? Fox News? Big pharma? I'm sure as a wise old man you don't support any of that!

It's kind of like watching Nitrous Oxide fumble around here saying things like "all politicians are corrupt" after voting for the most corrupt bastards in modern US history and rationalizing it...

Do you have a crystal ball? How the fuck do you know who I vote for? You know zero about me.

ashstralia
11-08-2022, 02:36 PM
You can learn a lot about people who’ve put 31 thousand posts on a message board…
Ha! Ha!

Nickdfresh
11-08-2022, 05:42 PM
For the qualified people there are better ways to make a living than politics. Also there are a lot of people with money who want a political puppet. Typically unqualified bullshit artists are willing to be a puppet because they couldn’t make the same money and live the lifestyle any other way.

Politics can be a pretty good gig. I knew a lot of reporters, lawyers and teachers that salivated at the chance to win something from the city/county/state level after having to deal with the elected deadwood and morons. Once you are in mostly you are in unless you do something really stupid and even then guys like Matt Gaetz still get mulligans. And if all else fails become a lobbyist or a consultant if you get run out of office...

Nitro Express
11-08-2022, 07:17 PM
You can learn a lot about people who’ve put 31 thousand posts on a message board…
Ha! Ha!

That’s a naive statement. How do you know someone you never met?

FORD
11-11-2022, 08:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCFXURJ5P88

FORD
11-13-2022, 01:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1BTSeceAs

FORD
11-15-2022, 08:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMDcjbRWeSc

FORD
11-17-2022, 08:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y69ljJ4QZLU

twonabomber
11-26-2022, 11:12 PM
lol

https://i.imgur.com/CVQTyc6.png

https://i.imgur.com/fJOVPPW.png

https://media.tenor.com/ISdLUktXkOUAAAAM/peter-stormare-oh-snap.gif

Seshmeister
11-27-2022, 04:58 PM
Musk is a dick and I probably wouldn't agree about much with the right wing writer of that tweet but it is perfect. :D

FORD
11-27-2022, 05:14 PM
Yeah.... Alyssa Milano walked right into that one. Guess she was too busy being a TV star when she was a kid to read a history book?

Seshmeister
11-27-2022, 05:22 PM
Maybe Musk didn't know either - he seemed to respond to the explanation not to D'Abrosca.

Also I thought he said he was working day and night to turn around the company yet he is spending time reading Alyssa Milano tweets? :)

twonabomber
11-27-2022, 06:17 PM
more lolz

https://i.imgur.com/yqyHrS7.jpg

Nickdfresh
11-27-2022, 06:58 PM
Musk is a dick and I probably wouldn't agree about much with the right wing writer of that tweet but it is perfect. :D

Not really. I don't want to be overly technical, and Milano is a fucking dunderhead. But what we know of Volkswagen was more or less founded by the British military after the war. The initial VW Beetle offering was literally driven by no one in Germany prior to, nor during the war. Countless German workers essentially were in a reverse financing scheme where the gov't took payments regularly while promising they'd get a car in a couple of years after shelling out 500 marks IIRC. The idea was to motorize Germany that was far behind the UK, France and certainly the US in car ownership with a cheap car. But by the time they began manufacturing the average German could have bought an Opel for the same price and much better terms. But the war started and production shifted from Beetles to The Thing or Kübelwagen, kind of a Jeep like field car for the Wehrmacht and regular Germans were fucked out of the A$$hole money they paid to eventually own a car. The massive VW factory became a White Elephant and a net drain on the Third Reich as it could not be utilized to produce at the capacity that its size and cost should've entailed. So while there is some truth to it, it's hard to categorically say that VW was Hitler's baby and the Nazis created Volkswagen, they really didn't. It was a postwar reactivation largely oversaw by British Army officers initially for use by Occupation forces, then becoming a fan favorite car largely promoted by veterans of the Allied forces that initiated the VW we know today. That said, not a fan of anything but the old air-cooled Beetle...

FORD
11-27-2022, 07:57 PM
And in another ironic twist, a Jewish engineer actually helped create the Volkswagen. But of course the Nazis didn't give him any credit for it...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-unknown-jewish-engineer-behind-hitlers-vaunted-volkswagen-beetle/

Romeo Delight
12-16-2022, 03:52 PM
Now that we have had a chance to see this unfold, are you honestly saying Ford that Twitter was a better place pre-Elon? That is insane if that is your position.

FORD
12-16-2022, 08:54 PM
I don't think Twitter was all that great before or after Elon. Never had an account, and never planned on it even before he took over. But he's been so horrible at managing it since he took over, there's now a good chance it won't survive. And now that he's just randomly banning anybody who disagrees with him (as well as firing all the competent employees) it's practically a clone of Cheeto's "Truth Social" now (or whatever his trainwreck knockoff is called)

That said, I'd really like to see Farcebook eliminated entirely from the face of the earth before Twitter. I have personally witnessed that shithole melt someone's brain into a sea of antivaxx, COVID conspiracy believing, Q-Anus theory spreading bullshit.

Seshmeister
12-16-2022, 09:17 PM
The problem is a benign version of Facebook and Twitter is really useful and both only really work with a degree of a monopoly. If you don't want them owned by a government which would be a bit creepy then you have to have them owned by a billionaire.

I think that's becoming the real issue of our times on a lot of issues.

I'm a very anti authoritarian kind of person. I think a lot of people that think the same as me get mixed up on the detail. It's shit having the flawed government control something but it's even worse to have a billionaire dictator.

Nitro Express
12-16-2022, 10:48 PM
Musk isn’t running all these companies himself. He’s what is known as a DARPA darling. A private sector face for the defense department. A lot of his money and technology come from the government.

Nitro Express
12-16-2022, 10:57 PM
The problem is a benign version of Facebook and Twitter is really useful and both only really work with a degree of a monopoly. If you don't want them owned by a government which would be a bit creepy then you have to have them owned by a billionaire.

I think that's becoming the real issue of our times on a lot of issues.

I'm a very anti authoritarian kind of person. I think a lot of people that think the same as me get mixed up on the detail. It's shit having the flawed government control something but it's even worse to have a billionaire dictator.

Not much difference. Corruption is corruption. Fascism is when the government and private sector collude and that’s what we have. When you have private companies putting their people into the regulatory agencies then the nightmare begins. Bribery and blackmail are quite effective.

silverfish
12-24-2022, 03:21 PM
Elon Musk orders removal of Twitter suicide prevention feature, sources say

"Twitter Inc removed a feature in the past few days that promoted suicide prevention hotlines
and other safety resources to users looking up certain content, according to two people familiar
with the matter who said it was ordered by new owner Elon Musk.
"The removal of the feature, known as #ThereIsHelp, has not been previously reported."

Full Story at:
https://www.rawstory.com/exclusive-elon-musk-orders-removal-of-twitter-prevention-feature-sources-say/

Seshmeister
12-24-2022, 10:27 PM
The new Knives Out movie is a pretty unsubtle kick in the nuts of Musk... :)

Nitro Express
12-25-2022, 12:38 AM
Ah the Twitter thing is just one part of the government waging battle against the other. The internet,smart phones and social media all came out of government labs and programs. Silicon Valley and Stanford University have been part of the military, intelligence apparatus for a long time. Elon is just a face on something much bigger than him and apparently that does not like what the FBI was doing inside of Twitter. We all knew this shit was monitoring and manipulating but I guess the panties got pulled down a bit. If you want a real thrill read up on the Aladdin manipulation of the financial markets.

Nickdfresh
12-25-2022, 07:32 PM
.... Elon is just a face on something much bigger than him and apparently that does not like what the FBI was doing inside of Twitter. We all knew this shit was monitoring and manipulating but I guess the panties got pulled down a bit. If you want a real thrill read up on the Aladdin manipulation of the financial markets.

Elon is an autistic weirdo and has no idea what the FBI was actually doing in Twatter. He thoroughly missed the plot and completely mischaracterized search records...

Seshmeister
12-26-2022, 12:07 AM
How fucking difficult is it to notice that say a guy that inherits $300 million from crooked government contracts in NYC or a white South African who inherits a fucking emerald mine are somehow punching up against the 'man' for the people?????

FFS the nativity of folk that think those guys in any way give a fluttering fuck about them is astonishing - grow a brain...

Nitro Express
12-26-2022, 02:21 AM
What Elon has done is expose the FBI infiltration into Twitter. Now people are wondering what else they have infiltrated. Also Twitter was being subsidized with government money. It was a government operation posing as a company. So how does this personally benefit Elon? Was it really his own money that made the purchase or is Elon a front for another part of the government or someone else? The US has 17 different intelligence agencies. Our intelligence apparatus is larger than all other industrialized countries combined. Something is exposing the FBI’s dirty operations. The big question is who?

Nickdfresh
12-26-2022, 04:44 AM
What Elon has done is expose the FBI infiltration into Twitter. Now people are wondering what else they have infiltrated. Also Twitter was being subsidized with government money. It was a government operation posing as a company. So how does this personally benefit Elon? Was it really his own money that made the purchase or is Elon a front for another part of the government or someone else? The US has 17 different intelligence agencies. Our intelligence apparatus is larger than all other industrialized countries combined. Something is exposing the FBI’s dirty operations. The big question is who?

Jesus you're fool. They were doing record searches that any law enforcement agency does when granted a warrant. Musk is the first one that runs to the FBI when people track his plane using open source FAA data that he now bans and censors!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/23/politics/twitter-files-elon-musk-fbi-hunter-biden-laptop/index.html

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/320415075_2754362594707257_9031897385316814697_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=TRnsVIfakNkAX-zKYaj&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AfCOqYfTQ-EQu6bgBNg_dOcVB2OL3-519Owm_qLCX2KCUw&oe=63ADFA01

TRACKING ELON'S PLANE (https://www.reddit.com/r/ElonJetTracker/)

Seshmeister
12-26-2022, 08:27 AM
TRACKING ELON'S PLANE (https://www.reddit.com/r/ElonJetTracker/)

He spent Xmas with Kristy in Denver? :D

FORD
12-26-2022, 01:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxeBswcTNHU

FORD
02-09-2023, 08:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5oVhG_Gv1s