Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Jon Stewart Rips Republicans Apart Over Anti-Veteran Vote In Amazing Speech

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Wow!

Jon Stewart 'rips' Repblicans apart?!

Cool! Did he totally 'destroy' them?

Bunch of useless click-bait headline hyperbole. Jon Stewart isn't gonna destroy or rip anybody. Whatever he has to say just reinforces what people already inclined to agree with him think, just as Tucker Carlson's nightly broadcasts doubtless perform the same function for those on his end of the political scale. I enjoyed Stewart on The Daily Show well enough, but Mark Twain he ain't. Just another voice in the cacophony. More like a cacaphony, in that the lot of it is just shit talk.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Shit. The US Government has been fucking veterans over since World War I. It’s nothing new.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 07-29-2022, 07:26 AM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Wow!

Jon Stewart 'rips' Repblicans apart?!

Cool! Did he totally 'destroy' them?

Bunch of useless click-bait headline hyperbole. Jon Stewart isn't gonna destroy or rip anybody. Whatever he has to say just reinforces what people already inclined to agree with him think, just as Tucker Carlson's nightly broadcasts doubtless perform the same function for those on his end of the political scale. I enjoyed Stewart on The Daily Show well enough, but Mark Twain he ain't. Just another voice in the cacophony. More like a cacaphony, in that the lot of it is just shit talk.
          I’m tired of all the political pundit profiteering. They all say what their target audience wants to hear and they sensationalize things because they need to keep things interesting to keep making money. It’s really an incredible waste of time watching or listening to these people.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You can't say that what Tucker Carlson and John Stewart are doing is the same thing, that's asinine.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yep.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                You can't say that what Tucker Carlson and John Stewart are doing is the same thing, that's asinine.
                If you read what I wrote, the asinine claim would be the conclusion that I said what they were doing was the same thing.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                    If you read what I wrote, the asinine claim would be the conclusion that I said what they were doing was the same thing.
                    I wasn't talking about your admittedly gloomy post.

Nitro and many other people do this false equivalency thing all the time. Calling everyone cunts so they can justify choosing the cunt that leaves them with more money.

Jon Stewart is clearly not doing this for the money or the attention FFS.

If I was feeling harsh I would say that there are so many veterans that vote against their own interests by voting for Mitch and his pals then tough shit but that is unfair on the ones that can think for themselves.
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-29-2022, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Everyone votes their pocketbook and if you don’t believe that you are fucking naive.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

It’s just that some people are confused on who’s going to benefit them and who is not. Most people don’t bother to vote and most who do vote a party line because they are lazy. So that’s why a few people end up owning everything and that’s the truth of it. The rich know psychology and are masters at playing the public. That’s why investment banks like Allen & Company invite all the big media and entertainment people to their summer conference. They want to control the narrative.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          I wasn't talking about your admittedly gloomy post.

Nitro and many other people do this false equivalency thing all the time. Calling everyone cunts so they can justify choosing the cunt that leaves them with more money.

Jon Stewart is clearly not doing this for the money or the attention FFS.

If I was feeling harsh I would say that there are so many veterans that vote against their own interests by voting for Mitch and his pals then tough shit but that is unfair on the ones that can think for themselves.
                          Of course Stewart is doing what he is for the attention, in that he believes what he has to say is worth being heard by as many people as possible. I'd like to think Stewart is motivated by a sense of decency in terms of his value set re: civility and fairness between people. I get the overarching feeling with Carlson that he sincerely believes in the hierarchical system as it has existed, which has been a male caucasian oilgarchy. Anything that encroaches on that setup causes Carlson distress.

Whatever the purity or sincerity of Stewart's and Carlson's individual motivations, the way many people cherry-pick their editorial commentaries - that self-reinforcing echo chamber of affirmation - has the net effect being that both Stewart and Carlson end up preaching to their choirs, as it were. I suppose the difference might be that Carlson seems more comfortable staying within the confines of his demographic than Stewart, who at least has made the effort to speak with others who disagree with him on their turf. Another difference could be that Stewart comes across as wanting to speak to as broad an audience as possible, whereas Carlson simply doesn't care to.

Just wanted to clarify that, even though it doesn't matter one way or the other.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Everyone votes their pocketbook and if you don’t believe that you are fucking naive.
                            Not really. Maybe one's 'perceived' pocketbook but everyone votes with their inner-Retard stupid pocketbook and most often against their actual personal and political interests. If you really vote with your pocketbook, then vote Democrat, as Wall Street statistically does better under Democratic administrations and it isn't close!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              It’s just that some people are confused on who’s going to benefit them and who is not. ...
                              Yeah, people like you!

Comment

Working...