08-31-2022, 08:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xl6PXbowVU

Kristy
08-31-2022, 08:54 PM
Only the best people.

Seshmeister
08-31-2022, 11:00 PM
A mentally ill dumb liar.

It's like the powerful are taking bets on who can get the most ridiculous candidates elected.

Nitro Express
09-01-2022, 02:33 AM
He’s a football player. Most aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Terry
09-01-2022, 10:59 AM

It's like the powerful are taking bets on who can get the most ridiculous candidates elected.

The ridiculous part is how close the Warnock/Walker race is: Walker could well win.

There is a belief along the lines of when Warnock and Walker have a debate or a series of debates that will open up the gap in Warnock's favor. I can't say I share in that belief. Walker's cognitive processes have been on ample display since he declared his candidacy a year ago. If the race is within 3 points now after said ample display, well, maybe a debate will help sway whatever undecideds are still out there if there are any but I'm skeptical.

But I can't underestimate the voters of Georgia in that a) Herschel Walker was a great college football player 40 years ago, b) he won the Heisman and c) Georgians love their Georgia Bulldogs.

A + B + C = Your next Senator from Georgia, Herschel Walker.

It may well not matter to the voters of Georgia that he can't think or speak in coherent sentences, much less formulate and clearly communicate what policies he is in favor of other than "I like Trump"...and honestly that may turn out to be the only idea he needs to get across in the end.

But you know with the way things are going in general terms, Herschel Walker being elected to the Senate...it kind of makes sense in a 'we are reaping what we have sown' way.

I'd ask God to help us if Walker's candidacy prevails but considering where we are at now clearly God has washed his hands of us.

Seshmeister
09-01-2022, 11:19 AM
He should do what Arnold Schwarzenegger did and the probable new fuckwit Prime Minister of the UK is doing and just refuse to take part in interviews or debates.

Nickdfresh
09-01-2022, 12:53 PM

And then there are his bad point...

Nickdfresh
09-01-2022, 01:03 PM
The ridiculous part is how close the Warnock/Walker race is: Walker could well win.

There is a belief along the lines of when Warnock and Walker have a debate or a series of debates that will open up the gap in Warnock's favor. I can't say I share in that belief. Walker's cognitive processes have been on ample display since he declared his candidacy a year ago. If the race is within 3 points now after said ample display, well, maybe a debate will help sway whatever undecideds are still out there if there are any but I'm skeptical.

But I can't underestimate the voters of Georgia in that a) Herschel Walker was a great college football player 40 years ago, b) he won the Heisman and c) Georgians love their Georgia Bulldogs.

A + B + C = Your next Senator from Georgia, Herschel Walker.

It may well not matter to the voters of Georgia that he can't think or speak in coherent sentences, much less formulate and clearly communicate what policies he is in favor of other than "I like Trump"...and honestly that may turn out to be the only idea he needs to get across in the end.

And not a great pro one, kind of a semi-bust actually...

Terry
09-01-2022, 01:36 PM
And not a great pro one, kind of a semi-bust actually...

Yep, he was a bit of a bust when he went pro. That won't matter one iota to any Georgians who are already inclined to vote for him based on his college football days and him liking Trump, though.

Shit, just the facts of how he treated his ex-wife ALONE should be enough for any reasonable person to conclude Walker isn't fit to serve in the Senate. However, we don't live in reasonable times anymore. Thus, Walker is competitive in the race. Walker's candidacy is a joke that is no longer amusing.

It won't be shocking in the least if he squeaks out a victory.

FORD
09-01-2022, 04:31 PM
Oddly enough, Walker's first pro football gig was with the failed USFL. He played for the New Jersey Generals which were owned by...... Donald Trump.

....and the two of them have been failing together ever since.

Seshmeister
09-01-2022, 08:21 PM
I'll never understand how important college football is in the US - Al Bundy was good when he was young who gives a fuck...? :D

FORD
09-01-2022, 08:39 PM
Sometimes the talent crosses over from college to the NFL, sometimes it doesn't. I remember when a guy named Rick Mirer was supposed to be the "future of the Seahawks". He had a great college career at Notre Dame, and they proclaimed him the "new Joe Montana" (who had also come from that school). He actually had a decent rookie year with the Seahawks... and then it all went to Hell in a handbasket in his second season. Though at least he didn't tank nearly as fast as Brian Bosworth did....

As far as Al Bundy goes, I believe it was his high school football career he was always fondly reminiscing about. He didn't go to college, which is why he worked at a shoe store .

Seshmeister
09-01-2022, 10:28 PM
There is no way Herschel Walker would be able to manage a shoe store. :)