PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban says...

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 01:03 AM
Jesus Christ...

Mark Cuban...on Craig Kilbourne...

He called the Lakers for a deal with Shaq...

and Mitch Kupchak said, "You don't have anyone that we are interested in..."

Craig asked Mark point blank...would you have traded Nowitzki...he said...yes...but the Lakers never asked...never asked for anyone as a matter of fact...

Craig asked Mark, "Will the Lakers win the title with Kobe..."

"He's not a good GM...so no..."

LMFAO...

Damn if we wouldn't be just like Cuban...

Wow...

do you believe this guy?

redblkwht
07-13-2004, 01:09 AM
He is right they wont win with Kobe in a cell in 2005..lmfao!
HAHAHAHA
2nd scenario? no Kobe wont do good under a triple team
then the Jordan comparisons will belong gone.
Shaq-less Lakers are done.

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 01:13 AM
Dude...the Jordan comparisons have been gone for years...

the guy doesn't have Jordan's mean streak...shooting touch...or killer instinct...

shooting alot...doesn't make you Jordan...

making BIG shots...every game...does...

Kobe's a pretender...a great player...but a pretender...

redblkwht
07-13-2004, 01:37 AM
BTW happy b day bro :rockit: :D

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Thursday...lmfao...this week long banner throws off everyone...

thanks...I usually party for a week anyways...

redblkwht
07-13-2004, 01:50 AM
33?
im guessing :cool:

Bill Lumbergh
07-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Now why the fuck would Cuban reveal that?! He takes the chance of pissing Nowitzki off, and possibly causing some dissension in the locker room. Damn what an idiot..........

Snoo
07-13-2004, 02:32 AM
Because nobody cares what he says by this point. He's just a goof who says stuff for publicity. If I were playing on his team and he came out and told the press he had proof of me being behind the killing of Princess Diana, I'd laugh at him, and so would everybody else.

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 02:35 AM
Look...funny thing about Cuban...is that if any of us had a billion dollars...we'd be just like him...

I don't know if he meant it to sound like he would have traded Nowitzki...

what he said was, "They never asked about Nowitzki...they said they weren't interested in any of our players..."

and repeatedly said...they never asked about anyone...

He also said Buss and Kupchak were "dealt" a bad hand with the way Kobe has handled himself the past year...

putting them in a no win situation...

I'm glad the guy has a big mouth...I'm sick of fucking suits in the NBA with their closed door bullshit...

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 02:38 AM
Look...I hate the Mavs...

but I like Cuban's fantasy basketball approach...some funny shit what he does with players...

just fucking signs and trades and signs and trades...lmfao...

they score 120 a game...and give up 121...funny shit...

Bill Lumbergh
07-13-2004, 02:48 AM
I agree with most of your points about Cuban........however you've got to realize what little bitches pro athletes are today. Say one wrong thing and they want out..........not that Cuban gives a fuck.

Warham
07-13-2004, 06:54 AM
I disagree about Kobe making big shots in his career. He's pretty much Mr. Clutch in the NBA these days. I think the difference so far is Jordan had a higher shooting percentage at about the same age.

If Kobe can distribute the ball to his teammates, and take EASIER shots, he will gain even more respect from his critics. He tried to take too many hard shots, causing the ball to get stripped etc. I've heard that his hands were smaller than Jordan's, meaning a lesser grip on the ball, and that when he drives to the lane, he's holding the ball too low, making it easier to strip. He needs to change some fundamentals too. Hopefully, he will, and the Lakers will be fine.

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Here's the difference between Jordan and Kobe...irregardless of age...since we're going there...and that's genuinely unfair of Kobe...because Jordan was the best player of all time (I hate Jordan...but he was)...

Kobe isn't even the best player in the league...

Now...Jordan could shoot better...saying he took easier shots is a wee bit ridiculous...because Kobe gets double teamed...Jordan got triple teamed...and still scored...still found a way to get opened (nobody other than Reggie Miller worked as hard as Jordan WITHOUT the ball)...he found holes...rarely forced shots...and had an arsenal...

Kobe...well...I'm not saying he's a bad player...one of the top five in the game...

clutch...yeah...he wins some games...but I've seen him take the Lakers out of the fourth quarter just as much as putting them in it...

He fires up shots...where as Jordan facilitated...he knew he was the best player on the court...he knew they would win...and he did everything he could to do it...

found the hot hand...rode player to help them reach their capabilities...was as UNSELFISH as a selfish player could be...like I said...Jordan's made more hoop millionaires (that shouldn't have been) than any other...

Will Kobe develop that facilitator role as he becomes the total focus of the team? We shall see...he may yet...

ALinChainz
07-13-2004, 01:45 PM
No seems to be mentioning that Jordan was All NBA Defense 1st team for how many years? And when not 1st team, 2nd team?

Defensive Player of the Year?

Kobe isn't Jordan's neighborhood defensviely.

POJO_Risin
07-13-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm not even going to go there Al...

it's an old debate...that's ridiculous to even be having...

Jordan was on a different level...period...

Warham
07-14-2004, 06:55 AM
Kobe has been all-defense 3 years in a row I think. That's not too bad for being 25, is it?

I think Jordan was the greatest as well, but he was perceived as being a ball hog until they won the championship. I remember back then, it was the Lakers and Celtics fans, and we would laugh about Chicago, and joke that even though Jordan was great, he was a ballhog and would never win. It was only until he got good outside shooters that he won the thing. You gotta have the players.

The Lakers choked in the Finals. Plain and simple.

Mezro
07-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Dude...the Jordan comparisons have been gone for years...

Kobe "thinks" he is Jordan. A few dicks up his ass in the pen will clear his confusion right up.

Mezro...Kobe will choke on more than a clutch shot soon...

POJO_Risin
07-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Ummm...how can you be a ballhog on a 10 cent team like the Bulls when Jordan got there? Last I knew...the lakers had other options...didn't they?