X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Trudeau and Liberals lose in Supreme Court - Bill C-69 Ruled Unconstitional

It's far from over of course. The funniest part of the ruling is the dissenting judges opinion contains only blind enviro-speak and tribalism and doesn't address the law in any way. That is embarrasing.

For those who don't know what this is, it's basically an insane Federal government policy that has scared away all investment and cancelled all projects related to oil and natural gas.

If nothing else, natural gas can play a huge role in helpling lift up indigenous populations by making them partners and we rid the world of coal as we transition to more sustainable alternatives as technology as technology allows. Not to mention, provide these resources from some of the most innovative and ethical sources globally. I see today some questionable nations are threatening to keep natural gas supplies from markets unless Israel withdraws. Entire provinces rely on oil and gas for jobs, etc.

The Minister of the Environment Guilbeault is an actual former eco-terrorist having broken many laws.
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 10-13-2023, 12:54 PM.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...al-2023-10-13/

It's far from over of course. The funniest part of the ruling is the dissenting judges opinion contains only blind enviro-speak and tribalism and doesn't address the law in any way. That is embarrasing.

For those who don't know what this is, it's basically an insane Federal government policy that has scared away all investment and cancelled all projects related to oil and natural gas.

If nothing else, natural gas can play a huge role in helpling lift up indigenous populations by making them partners and we rid the world of coal as we transition to more sustainable alternatives as technology as technology allows. Not to mention, provide these resources from some of the most innovative and ethical sources globally. I see today some questionable nations are threatening to keep natural gas supplies from markets unless Israel withdraws. Entire provinces rely on oil and gas for jobs, etc.

The Minister of the Environment Guilbeault is an actual former eco-terrorist having broken many laws.
    Yeah but it's Canada, so no one really gives a fuck. No offense or anything....

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Sure. Isolationism always works...

I think its relevant because we keep seeing left of centre governments over-reaching...and this is a win for the good guys

You see this as Governors and DA's in US states seek vendettas and ignore rule of law, constititional rights.

Ironic of course...

Not a bad idea to have a friendly northern neighbour with a robust energy infrastructure should things go to hell globally...as we are seeing
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sure. Isolationism always works...

I think its relevant because we keep seeing left of centre governments over-reaching...and this is a win for the good guys

You see this as Governors and DA's in US states seek vendettas and ignore rule of law, constititional rights.

Ironic of course...

Not a bad idea to have a friendly northern neighbour with a robust energy infrastructure should things go to hell globally...as we are seeing

I'M Isolationist?" YOU'RE the ONE that loves Trump and his brand of American Isolationism. Not me bro, just saying you're irrelevant isn't really isolationism. If someone farts in Nepal, kind of the same thing. There are only so many celebratory fucks one can give...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I have never professed any love for Trump...rather a disdain for authoritarian efforts is more my thing. It just so happens that there are endless examples of this from the left right now.
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I have never professed any love for Trump...rather a disdain for authoritarian efforts is more my thing. It just so happens that there are endless examples of this from the left right now.
            So endless you can't even name one - unless it cums from someone's shitty blog that you post links to passing off as news.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
              So endless you can't even name one - unless it cums from someone's shitty blog that you post links to passing off as news.
              You think there aren't a massive list of left authoritarian actions/legislation/manipulations happenning right now?

Are you serious?

First, let's source a very left leaning publication...here is their rating:

https://www.allsides.com/news-source...A2%20of%20Left.

The proliferation of left authoritarianism is basically endless, as power is sought, usually in the guise of being the only real alternative/other side are Nazis (because they disagree), and power maintenance is the only thing that matters. It surreal how any disagreement with the left has a knee-jerk reaction of racism/Nazi/MAGA. It's kind of sad and a sign of weakness I think. How about a real discussion? We see it in this forum automatically...and everyone chimes in because that's the tribal response mechanism

Here is one view of how its happening on the left, and maybe more importantly, how people like you seem to think it's impossible, and its only a right-wing phenomenon. It's amazing really how blind some are to their own actions:

Last edited by Romeo Delight; 10-13-2023, 07:14 PM.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Back to the original matter at hand...relevance of this thread...

3 days ago - Qatar inks 27-year gas supply deal with France's TotalEnergies - https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...te-energy-firm

So, by this left authoritarian government of Canada, violating the Constitution and preventing Natural gas liquefation facilities, you essentially provide more revenue to dictatorships who fund Hamas. Awesome. Countries like Canada with strong ethical standards, should be the front-runners to supply LNG to countires like France.

We do agree that Quatar funds Hamas, correct?

Just so we are clear on the differences in the countries - https://freedomhouse.org/country/qat...dom-world/2020

See the Freedom on the Net 2023 score and learn about democracy and freedom in Canada.
                Last edited by Romeo Delight; 10-13-2023, 08:16 PM.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  I'M Isolationist?" YOU'RE the ONE that loves Trump and his brand of American Isolationism. Not me bro, just saying you're irrelevant isn't really isolationism. If someone farts in Nepal, kind of the same thing. There are only so many celebratory fucks one can give...
                  I was having a bit of fun. But maybe, just maybe, you could think about a bigger picture view. Avoid the partisan US garbage and think about the discussion in this thread. We are making some bad policy decision that aren't based in data. Case in point this short term view in the Candian case of power - trying to get re-elected vs sound policy decisions.

The thinking is I (Trudeau) will lean heavily into the green movement to actually retain power for now (minority gov't), and hope I keep power, Canadians be damned. All the while dictatorships and by extension extremists/terrorists get more resources and cash by these same bad decisions. Its not good. Your tribalism powers this phenomena. We need to do better or nothing gets solved
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The ratings of "Media Bias" on that "All Sides" site are ridiculous. I'm not a regular reader of the Atlantic, so I won't attempt to evaluate them at the moment. But they rate MSNBC as "Left", which is ridiculous. MSNBC might have "leaned" left for a brief window of time between 2006 - 2009. After Obama's election, they marketed themselves as "Lean forward" and gradually moved to the right... not coincidentally around the same time the Obama adminstration itself was doing so. They took a HARD right turn in the 2016 Presidential campaign when they gave constant campaign coverage to both Trump & Hillary, but would aim their cameras at a literal empty podium before giving a minute of airtime to Bernie Sanders. And actually fired one of their prime time anchors (Ed Schultz) when he attempted to give Bernie some fair coverage on the network. To make matters worse, they actually cancelled election coverage and went back to prison marathons on the primary days where Bernie was the big winner. And after the Orange Bastard won 2016, they pretty much gave up the pretense of being "liberal" altogether, and hired literal BCE operatives like Steve Schmidt & Nicole Wallace to anchor their programs.

New York times is also MILES away from "Liberal". They were among the biggest cheerleaders for the Chimp/PNAC wars, even helping to sell the lies of Iraq's alleged WMD's and supposed involvement in 9/11. Bill Kristol - a literal co-founder of PNAC - was writing for the paper at the time. I haven't read the Times this week, but I'm guessing their full on shilling for NuttyYahoo's slaughter of Palestinian civilians in retaliation for the Gaza attack, which his own intelligence failure allowed to happen.

And if CNN ever "leaned left", it was when Ted Turner owned them. They have been drifting to the right since the Time Warner acquisition, and since the Warner/Discovery merger, might as well be FAUX 2.0. So.. I don't know who's putting that chart together, but clearly their own biases are on display.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

You think there aren't a massive list of left authoritarian actions/legislation/manipulations happenning right now?

Are you serious?

First, let's source a very left leaning publication...here is their rating:

https://www.allsides.com/news-source...A2%20of%20Left.

The proliferation of left authoritarianism is basically endless, as power is sought, usually in the guise of being the only real alternative/other side are Nazis (because they disagree), and power maintenance is the only thing that matters. It surreal how any disagreement with the left has a knee-jerk reaction of racism/Nazi/MAGA. It's kind of sad and a sign of weakness I think. How about a real discussion? We see it in this forum automatically...and everyone chimes in because that's the tribal response mechanism

Here is one view of how its happening on the left, and maybe more importantly, how people like you seem to think it's impossible, and its only a right-wing phenomenon. It's amazing really how blind some are to their own actions:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ianism/620185/

Oh fuck off. Your links are not acceptable. That just red pilling horseshit propaganda from right-wing sites.

Again, you have no argument.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

But that's where YOU PEOPLE fucking fail, Trump IS an authoritarian You can't say things like you are against autocracy then profess support for what are clearly very right wing autocrats that will dispose of democracy and want to be terminal leaders and are quite fucking transparent about it. But I am happy a court defeat of Labor makes you pinch your nipples and dance naked in front of the mirror. Or is that just my happy dance?..

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I was having a bit of fun. But maybe, just maybe, you could think about a bigger picture view. Avoid the partisan US garbage and think about the discussion in this thread. We are making some bad policy decision that aren't based in data. Case in point this short term view in the Candian case of power - trying to get re-elected vs sound policy decisions.

The thinking is I (Trudeau) will lean heavily into the green movement to actually retain power for now (minority gov't), and hope I keep power, Canadians be damned. All the while dictatorships and by extension extremists/terrorists get more resources and cash by these same bad decisions. Its not good. Your tribalism powers this phenomena. We need to do better or nothing gets solved
                          Dude please stop. I understand you can see Trudy as a bit of a prick and debutant lega'cist. But he ain't a "dicatator" and there really isn't incentive in bei9ng PM of Canada or pResident of the United States. You simply do not have that much power - it's about legacy, prestige, and maybe staying out of jail for some...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

A prick serves their term. A dictator doesn’t leave until they die or get whacked.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

We get the best leaders the rich can buy.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...