• Oct 2004

Kissinger Dead at 100

Henry Kissinger, American diplomat and Nobel winner, dead at 100
    Steve Holland and Arshad Mohammed
    Updated Wed, November 29, 2023 at 11:31 PM EST·7 min read

Henry Kissinger, American diplomat and Nobel winner, dead at 100

Henry Kissinger's Glamour Shotz!

By Steve Holland and Arshad Mohammed

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Henry Kissinger, a diplomatic powerhouse whose roles as a national security adviser and secretary of state under two presidents left an indelible mark on U.S. foreign policy and earned him a controversial Nobel Peace Prize, died on Wednesday at age 100.

Kissinger died at his home in Connecticut, according to a statement from his geopolitical consulting firm, Kissinger Associates Inc. No mention was made of the circumstances.

It said he would be interred at a private family service, to be followed at a later date by a public memorial service in New York City.

Kissinger had been active late in life, attending meetings in the White House, publishing a book on leadership styles, and testifying before a Senate committee about the nuclear threat posed by North Korea. In July 2023 he made a surprise visit to Beijing to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping.

During the 1970s in the midst of the Cold War, he had a hand in many of the epoch-changing global events of the decade while serving as national security adviser and secretary of state under Republican President Richard Nixon.

The REST HERE @ Reuters
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-30-2023, 01:04 AM.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Probably a better epitaph, The Myth of Kissinger:

Nixon’s Secretary of State was a far less remarkable figure than his supporters, his critics—and he himself—believed.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Rolling Stone's obit isn't very complimentary

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Every single person who died in Vietnam between autumn 1968 and the Fall of Saigon — and all who died in Laos and Cambodia, where Nixon and Kissinger secretly expanded the war within months of taking office, as well as all who died in the aftermath, like the Cambodian genocide their destabilization set into motion — died because of Henry Kissinger.
        Also all the people murdered in Chile after he helped to overthrow the democracy there.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Every single person who died in Vietnam between autumn 1968 and the Fall of Saigon — and all who died in Laos and Cambodia, where Nixon and Kissinger secretly expanded the war within months of taking office, as well as all who died in the aftermath, like the Cambodian genocide their destabilization set into motion — died because of Henry Kissinger.

As well as my Dad who died just over a year ago as a result of the Agent Orange.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen

As well as my Dad who died just over a year ago as a result of the Agent Orange.
            Sorry to hear, saw Vets with that shit at the VA Hospital, fucking terrible. The current "burn pits" aren't nearly as bad but bad enough....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The really shitty thing about Kissinger and Tricky D is that they knew full well we were leaving soon and still intensified the war knowing they were sending good men to their deaths. Maybe the period between 1968-70 they thought we could at least affect a stalemate with the North, but I doubt Henry even really believed that. Gen. Westmorland was a fucking military dunderhead that, hired all the wrong bloodthirsty cunt staff officers that favored an attrition strategy of "Search and Destroy", was essentially relieved in the nicest way possible. General Abrams (the tanks namesake) took over and did try to institute a change in strategy that was more "clear and hold" and Pacification rather than the "search and destroy" mode where we tried to kill our way to victory by killing off the North Vietnamese male population. But they had too high a birthrate and the Red Chinese were actually sending in troops in the North to be the rear echelon logistical support staff and even antiaircraft forces and freed up most North Vietnamese to fight as infantry in the South. They knew this early on and it was too late as the South Vietnamese gov't was a pile of corrupt shit of graft and corruption and would fuck up any "Vietnamization" plans and it was too late as no one had the stomach for it after 68'. Even Gen. Abrams said "I have to get my Army home to save it" and was pushing for a withdrawal against Kissinger and Nixon that wanted to save face. Some hardcore types wanted to invade North Vietnam, but the problem was there were half-a-million or so Chinese PLA residing there backing up the Norths PAVN (NVA army)...

Some info here: https://www.militarytimes.com/milita...merican-lives/
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-30-2023, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I hope Henry enjoyed the spoils of his exploits here. I don’t think he’s enjoying things now. Karma is a bitch.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I hope Henry enjoyed the spoils of his exploits here. I don’t think he’s enjoying things now. Karma is a bitch.
                  Getting fragged in hell...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The late great Antony Bourdain

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

This shows what kind of person Henry Kissinger was. He suggested we should depopulate the third world and steal their resources.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

The late great Antony Bourdain
                          I love Bourdain and sad what happened to him. But he's a bit off-base here, but not wrong. The US's greatest crime was supporting Lon Nol and the overthrow of Cambodian Prince Sihanouk that had a long standing policy of neutrality, but still faced an insurgency from the most psychotic communist cunts ever in the Khmer Rouge. Lon Nol over threw Sihanouk and instated a regime that claimed war on the North Vietnamese incursions in their country that was ill advised and resulted in a Khmer victory and basically horrific genocide. But I don't think you can just blame Kissinger for that - and I think Henry was a cunt.

The US forces did invade Cambodia in 1970, but that in no way precipitated the takeover of the Cunt' Rouge. The North Vietnamese were operating in Cambodia with impunity and got the vast amounts of their resupply and logistics through its ports. Of course there is going to be a reaction to "clean out the" the PAVN forces occupying large parts of Cambodia as a US withdrawal became inevitable. When Lon Nol took power he made enemies with the North and made it an existential conflict and was defeated because Hanoi helped the genocidal Khmers take over. Hanoi would later invade Cambodia to topple the K Rouge but you can't blame the US and not look at what then Hanoi/Peking/Moscow did. They all have a lot of blood of the "proletariat" on their hands...
                          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-01-2023, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            https://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/pcaab500.pdf

This shows what kind of person Henry Kissinger was. He suggested we should depopulate the third world and steal their resources.
                            I'm not a fan of Kissinger and think he read Machiavelli and jerked off to it while choking himself with a Dominatrix whipping him. But I don't think that is exactly what he was advocating....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Kind of surprised I got through the week without hearing this.

Henry Kissenger
                              How I'm missing yer,
                              You're the doctor of my dreams.
                              With your crinkly hair
                              And your glassy stare
                              And your Machiavellian schemes
                              I know they say that you are very vain
                              And short and fat and pushy
                              But at leats you're not insane.
                              Henry Kissenger
                              How I'm missing yer
                              And wishing you were here.

Henry Kissenger
                              How I'm missing yer
                              You're so chubby and so neat
                              With your funny clothes
                              And your squishy nose
                              You're like a German Par-o-quet.
                              All right so people say that you don't care
                              But you've got nicer legs than Hitler
                              And bigger tits that Cher
                              Henry Kissenger
                              How I'm missing yer
                              And wishing you were here.
                              Last edited by Seshmeister; 12-01-2023, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...