12-01-2023, 11:45 AM
This one is not that good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjrKVrT1Dw

Never was
12-01-2023, 12:37 PM
For who he is now a solid vocal.

Seshmeister
12-01-2023, 12:43 PM
It's almost the exact same tempo as the original. I mention it because someone in the comments says it's much slower. Whether he thought that because of the longer runtime because the outro is longer or AVH playng on the original gives it more vitality or whether he is just shit talking who knows?

ZahZoo
12-02-2023, 09:21 AM
Most likely recorded with a click track so the tempo stayed consistent and thus sounds off... less organic than the original.

I have no interest in these recycled, cover band karaoke recordings... just dilutes the perfectly fine original body of Dave's work.

Nitro Express
12-02-2023, 01:05 PM
Much like George Lucas fucking up his original Star Wars movies by redoing them.

Terry
12-02-2023, 10:16 PM
The lead vocal sounds like it was autotuned along with a lot of composite vocal takes.

Like Zah, my interest in this...probably my only interest in this would be the intent or purpose behind it, as in why exactly did Dave re-record this song (the circumstances: was he auditioning musicians and wanted to hear how they sounded playing the material, but then if that were the case why go to the lengths of going into a studio and re-recording the stuff...wouldn't it be easier to audition a musician's abilities regarding the Van Halen material in a simple rehearsal situation?).

Much like those other CVH tunes Roth re-recorded at Henson, I don't feel anything at all by listening to this. It certainly doesn't make me think it stacks up to the original recording in any way.

Is Dave just bored? Is he just smothering himself in self-nostalgia via trying to replicate his old recordings in the studio? Is it something to keep him busy, or keep his voice in some kind of shape for...whatever?

He's just fuckin' weird these days.

twonabomber
12-02-2023, 11:16 PM
I don't remember the time frame on these. Were they recording rehearsals for the Vegas shows? Or yeah, maybe he's just bored.

I know some other bands have been re-recording songs so they can be better monetized or to freeze out former members, but I can't see any ad agency guy person wanting to use these over the originals. No matter how cheap they can be procured.

Nitro Express
12-03-2023, 12:05 AM
Dave does his projects and posts them on YouTube. Gives him something to do.

Nitro Express
12-03-2023, 12:07 AM
There’s no money in recorded music anyways unless it’s in a physical format.

Seshmeister
12-03-2023, 07:14 AM
It could be a power move. Next time Roth has a version he can undercut the original with and take home the whole sound recording sync license fee...

https://youtu.be/jawWLE-wDsk?si=19Z2gH0LWTePXtq-&t=87

Jérôme Frenchise
12-03-2023, 09:37 AM
Most likely recorded with a click track so the tempo stayed consistent and thus sounds off... less organic than the original.

I have no interest in these recycled, cover band karaoke recordings... just dilutes the perfectly fine original body of Dave's work.

I agree with Zah. Karaoke, with Bontempi keyboards, in addition.:biggrin:

ZahZoo
12-03-2023, 02:12 PM
I don't remember the time frame on these. Were they recording rehearsals for the Vegas shows? Or yeah, maybe he's just bored.

I know some other bands have been re-recording songs so they can be better monetized or to freeze out former members, but I can't see any ad agency guy person wanting to use these over the originals. No matter how cheap they can be procured.

Yean these were recorded practice sessions prior to Dave's alleged last shows recorded at Henson and mixed down for whatever reason... maybe just to critique or improve performance capabilities for the upcoming shows. Dave probably wanted to get it right rather than just jump on stage and scream the songs out like he was at the time...

Nitro Express
12-03-2023, 03:51 PM
I thought the original sucked. Great if you like circus music.

Silexxx
12-04-2023, 02:26 AM
“It’s all LIVE & it’s Van Halen free. No samples. No autotune.”

That's what Dave told VHND when he released the first single, Panama. And there's definitely autotune or pitch correction here in Jump. I still say he should have just released them all at once as "Live at Henson Studio" album. Same with the John 5 album. Or with a performance video like Steel Panther did when they covered VH. Then I think most people would be more okay with these. But when he releases them one by one, it puts unnecessary pressure on them being either better or as good as the original VH versions. I guess Dave thinks he's Drake or Cardi B or some other lame popstar. "It's all about singles and TikTok these days, you follow? "

https://youtu.be/qQ39dmrhOjI?si=3IoeCM3l5LlpDS0s

Nitro Express
12-04-2023, 10:43 AM
Dave is just having fun. It’s his social media posts. There’s no grand strategy. Music is worth nothing in today’s world unless it’s being purchased in a physical format or tickets are sold to see it performed. Dave isn’t selling shit. He’s posting to post. He can have a good laugh at Sammy Hagar trying to steal his legacy.