PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace Lounge Machine

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2024, 01:07 PM
Hello Everyone, I hope you're all doing well.

I wanted to pass along the sad news that Lounge Machine (Ted Walker) passed away today.

Ted has shared his medical issues in great detail on FB in the last couple years. He died of Hepatic Encephalopathy, which is a chronic liver disease resulting in a loss of brain function.

Rest in Peace, Ted.

Von Halen
01-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info Va Beach. Hate to hear we lost yet another VH fan. Especially at a fairly young age.

Rock In Peace Lounge Machine

Vinnie Velvet
01-25-2024, 01:20 PM
Wow. Thats very sad. I remember Lounge on here very well.

RIP brother.

Hardrock69
01-25-2024, 01:25 PM
I was in fairly constant communication with him over the past few years. He kept a positive mental attitude all the way up to the end. This is a sad, sad day for one of the coolest motherfuckers I ever knew. :( :( :(

Never was
01-25-2024, 01:50 PM
Rip

Hardrock69
01-25-2024, 01:53 PM
LoungeMachine: "How I imagine my entrance to the other side will be." (posted Oct. 28, 2023)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTlKIzXRfhU

Hardrock69
01-25-2024, 02:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0s5CP2kXsc

Nitro Express
01-25-2024, 02:02 PM
I remember Lounge Machine. Sorry to hear he was sick and passed on. I got word yesterday a friend of ours died from a blood clot leaving two teenaged kids and a husband behind. My best friend in grade school got struck by lightning while camping with his family. He was gone like that. Always strange to have people you know go.

Hardrock69
01-25-2024, 02:30 PM
Lounge was one of the major architects of this place back in the day. :gulp:

Von Halen
01-25-2024, 02:35 PM
Lounge was one of the major architects of this place back in the day. :gulp:

I wouldn't go that far. He came along a little later. Definitely a big contributor in his time though.

Hardrock69
01-25-2024, 02:45 PM
Well, yes. He just generally seemed to be in the middle of the mayhem quite often. :D Not meaning he "created" anything as far as the website. :)

Nickdfresh
01-25-2024, 05:00 PM
It's terrible to hear but knew it was coming. I miss his caustic wit a lot but know he's in the big lounge in the sky...

Terry
01-25-2024, 08:46 PM
This is very saddening to hear...the only solace I can think of right now is that he isn't suffering or hurting anymore.

RIP Lounge.

Dan
01-25-2024, 11:07 PM
Very sad to hear about Lounge Machine,Very cool guy to this Kiwi early on in 2003/2004 when we used to chat on the Roth Army Wall.Joe Thunder was on there too.:)

ZahZoo
01-26-2024, 08:26 AM
RIP I hope his family find comfort and peace...

Terry
01-26-2024, 09:24 AM
Very sad to hear about Lounge Machine,Very cool guy to this Kiwi early on in 2003/2004 when we used to chat on the Roth Army Wall.Joe Thunder was on there too.:)

Oy vey...fuckin' Joe Thunder!

Terry
01-26-2024, 09:25 AM
At one point I was convinced most of the membership on this site were various Lounge aliases.

Nickdfresh
01-26-2024, 09:50 AM
Or Joe Thunder aliases...

Seshmeister
01-26-2024, 10:38 PM
Out of over 25 000 people he was in the Top 10 of thanks in this forum and a moderator for many years.

He was funny and brave to the last.

Considering we never met in real life I have to say I'm pretty fucking upset about this...

Von Halen
01-27-2024, 11:42 AM
Out of over 25 000 people he was in the Top 10 of thanks in this forum and a moderator for many years.

That's awesome.

He was funny and brave to the last.

Yeah. The pic of the urn and calling it his new home, was very funny and very brave. One never knows how they will face the inevitable when it comes in the way it came for him, but I don't know that I could be as brave as he was about it. Not sure if in private he was bitter, but I sure as fuck would be.

Considering we never met in real life I have to say I'm pretty fucking upset about this...

Sure wish we'd been able to come up with a Van Halen convention back in the day, when we used to talk about doing it. I've met quite a few from here at shows in various cities, and even Canada, but there were a lot more I'd have loved to have met. Lounge Machine being one of them. I never became great friends with him, or even really saw the forums and the stuff going on here, the same way he did. But that's cool and would have made for fun conversation if we had met in person.

I did meet some weird motherfuckers from here! Nickd being one of them. :D Also the dude a bunch of us stayed overnight at his house for a show, and we weren't sure if he was going to keep us locked up forever! Can't remember his username. Fucking amazes me how much time has gone by since the old VH mailing list days and on to the beginning of the forums like this one. There are others that have passed too that I wish I'd have met. There are a lot of others I don't know if they are still alive or not, that I'd like to meet. There are a few I've met that I hope I never meet again. Like Nickd. :D

POJO_Risin
01-27-2024, 06:02 PM
RIP Ted...

He was a complex motherfucker, but was glad I got to talk to him a few times in the past couple of years. Nothing big, but I just wanted to reach out to him. He's had a rough go, and losing a big member of the army always hits me right in the fucking face...whether I post here a ton like I used to, or not. I have a crap ton of current friends from this place...and I've said goodbye to too fucking many...

Cheers LM...I hope to hell you have that bass and your own damn kitchen up there in the great beyond...

Nitro Express
01-27-2024, 06:32 PM
I remember some schmuck was trying to sell me a prepaid funeral plan. When I told him to get lost he said you aren’t going to burden your family with the costs? I replied I never saw a stiff left above ground yet.

Warham
02-07-2024, 12:03 AM
RIP, my fellow Front Line moderator.

Rikk
02-07-2024, 01:03 PM
Adios, Lounge.

There are very few hardcore Van Halen fans that still post on things like forums who are...young.

We're getting old, hombres.

This is sad news. Said adios to too many people. Last month was my 20th anniversary of joining this-here forum. Blondgirl...MAX...Lounge...Rustoffa... too many to name... Sad thing is, there are probably a few big names from the past we may not even be aware are gone...

Seshmeister
02-07-2024, 06:48 PM
Chefcraig is a worry too. We couldn't work out a way to contact him...

Hardrock69
02-09-2024, 07:14 PM
Firstly, the name was Joseph P. Thudner. :yo:
Secondly, it is nice to see some of the old crew here, but I wish the circumstances were a bit better. :(