PDA

View Full Version : shoo bop video

monterrey001
07-13-2004, 11:55 PM
just got the opportunity to view shoo bop video.this is the hippest coolest video lately from anybody anywhere !!!! wish dave had the desire to market this.it's most original idea out from anybody right now and is so typical dave.did he ever attempt to release as a single.

BrownSound1
07-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah, and they played it on VH1 Classic....just didn't do well.

Rubnose
07-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Shoo Bop is one big pile of shit. You know it and so do I. This is not a Dave release. It is a big fat bore fest. How he conjured up the audacity to follow up DLR Band with this crap is beyond me.

The video for this could have Elvis ressurected from the dead and It still would be uninteresting.

EVERYONE is waiting for something similar to a Dave song but Mr. Experimental thinks he is still a relevent rock star and believes there is a market for the Diamond Dave debacle.

It actually hurts me to speak of the man in such a way but let's face it.....he is uninterested in producing something heavy and thinks that his hardcore fanbase will support poor and dismal producion efforts.

Not me. Sorry.

Big Troubles
07-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Well judging by the last record sales, why would Dave continue on this path? To be poor? Doesn't make sense. Dave is doing this because he is having fun, not trying to make money. He's trying to break through with something new and exciting instead of the same ol same old. I thought Shoo Bop was a hit..I loved it and couldn't understand why it didn't catch on with more people and with Radio. Its classic brought up to speed man. Its great. Guitars are cool, drums are wicked cool. This was pure rock n roll.

jacksmar
07-15-2004, 04:46 PM
I agree. Cool vid and concept beyond what the airheads at MTV and VH1 are able to comprehend.

The video where Dave is doing the tunnel thing is good stuff too.

I think the reason he released to the press instead of the usual hack outlets is obvious.

And when these worthless outlets try to get onboard when Eddie and the boys come crying to get Dave back, they’ll act like they’ve been Dave fans all along.

The same thing that’s wrong with ROCK video is the same thing that’s wrong with Rock radio: more of the same effete, unimaginative tripe. It’s all canned and predictable.

Take the safety wires off the way Roth and the boys used to and see what happens. Plus the hacks can learn something from Dave that they been missing for longer than I can remember: 3 P’s – Preparation, Professionalism, Personality.

There’s a reason Roth’s stuff holds up and the “new-hip” shit looks thrown together, because it is.

BigDaddyD
07-15-2004, 04:52 PM
I dig it too.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-15-2004, 04:57 PM
my new signature is to keep rotharmy strong and to spit in sam and in his fan's faces!

BARE BONE
07-15-2004, 06:16 PM
I thought it was cool.