PDA

View Full Version : What bands are most hated by real Van Halen fans?

09-02-1984
07-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Just wondering.......

What bands are most hated by real Van Halen fans?

It's not rocket science to guess that Van Hagar is undisputedly #1 by a landslide but are there any others? and why?

Golden AWe
07-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Clearly the place is full of 70's and 80's people here when it comes to music so I would say all the current nu-metal shyte etc., plus too cold barbeque weather

At least I hate to barbeque when it's snowing

Wayne L.
07-14-2004, 10:49 AM
I hate 80's & 90's rock because it's all a lot of hot air except a few with some originality in their music, their shows & their image which is why 60's/70's rock rules & always will from the Beatles to Van Halen!!!

secrets
07-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Speaking of the 80's, how about Europe. Anybody remember them? The worst ever 80's hair "metal" band IMO.

Carmine
07-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by secrets
Speaking of the 80's, how about Europe. Anybody remember them? The worst ever 80's hair "metal" band IMO.

Yeah, the final countdown etc. Popular tune when it came out though.

rtmathew
07-14-2004, 12:51 PM
There where so any 1 hit wonders of the 80's it's hard to name them all:

Europe
Rough Cutt
Accept

And many of the good bands self destructed.

horty07
07-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Thinking back, I have always hated New Kids On The Block; or anything similar ie. NSYNC, Backstreet ect ect. The worst hair band were the Blonz.

EmpyreLounge44
07-14-2004, 01:40 PM
posion, ratt, pretty much every hair metal/glam/faux-metal band of the 80s

Coyote
07-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by secrets

Who, unfortunately for all mankind, are trying to make a come-back.

They're the headline act at some festival this weekend, here in Funland...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Clearly the place is full of 70's and 80's people here when it comes to music so I would say all the current nu-metal shyte etc., plus too cold barbeque weather

At least I hate to barbeque when it's snowing

Amen brother, what a boatload of shit....

The main difference is for the majority of the music, it just doesn't require the talent (especially on guitar) to play this stuff....

The best way of looking at it is if you had one of these numbnuts trying to play the guitar anthems of the 70's.....

I also think that there are very few lead singers nowadays that can actually sing well [[ See: Durst, Fred.... ]].........

DiamondDoug
07-14-2004, 07:48 PM
80's hair bands are awesome, and they're full of talent. It's the Nirvana/Pearl Jam and everything after that has sucked the life out of music, and made me put a gun to my radio.

EmpyreLounge44
07-14-2004, 08:11 PM
please tell me you are joking by saying 80's hair bands are awesome...that is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard

Warham
07-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Nirvana breathed some life into the music business.

Kids didn't understand what kind of life the 80's bands were talking about in their music. Nirvana brought back a sense of realism to the music.

Hecubus
07-14-2004, 11:49 PM
great thread, bro!!!

Gotta say:

Any late 80s-early 90s synth pop....especially that moody depeche mode crap....

all of the double downtuned, can't tell what note they're playing shit....

J-Lo
Celine Fucking Dion and the rest of the Divas

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
posion, ratt, pretty much every hair metal/glam/faux-metal band of the 80s

I have to agree with Giz Sponge on this one. I hate all

of the wanabees that followed CVH.

And I have to add the WHO.....they did their farewell show in

Toronto 20+ years ago and haven't stopped touring since.

rustoffa
07-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Coldplay.....now that shit 'ell make Bauhaus wanna deep-fry a
pig in Greenland.

Hecubus
07-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Creed

Linkin Fucking Park

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 01:21 AM
see i can occasionally say something worth agreeing to :)

mosh5150
07-15-2004, 02:47 AM
Every band has its merits emotion and experience ( memories) are tied to it there was alot of crap out there but I can remember delevring the groceries to alot of it. Basically every band since the dlr era has been an influence from it either a complete revulsion to the form or a bastarsed copy (Motley crue,Ratt,poison etc,) I always wondered what if? would crunge have occured? Most of those bands will site DLR as an influence much as DLR credit Black Oak Arkansaw. When Dave left he basicaly brought it to another level with EAS. Thats why VAN AHLEN was so great you had Eddie saying "I dont Know Dave" does that work? And Dave going what about this? it was basically the best bitch session going. And now they don't do it and you get VH III with King Edward at helm or "up for breakfast"

BrownSound1
07-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Bands that I hate....there's a lot of them, and guess what...Van Hagar isn't on the top.

First off I hate all rap...ALL of it.
I hate Nirvana...never understood what all the fuss was about.
Smashing Pumpkins....any band with a singer that sounds like Billy Corgan sucks dick.
Boy bands...all of them
Poison, Winger, Bon Jovi, Slaughter, etc....I do like Ratt and the Crue however.
All Led Zeppelin rip offs and Robert Plant copycats...Kingdom Come for instance.
All 90's pseudo-punk bands...Greenday
Most modern "hard rock" bands because their guitarists suck cock
John Mayer....too gay
Def Leppard...post Pyromania. The early stuff is awesome
Country

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 10:32 AM
brownsound you are full of hate, although i agree with some of them.

i as well never really got the fuss about nirvana, but some tracks i like. The pumpkins wrote some cool songs though although Corgan has the ego to match that giant head of his

09-02-1984
07-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Hecubus
great thread, bro!!!

Gotta say:

Any late 80s-early 90s synth pop....especially that moody depeche mode crap....

all of the double downtuned, can't tell what note they're playing shit....

J-Lo
Celine Fucking Dion and the rest of the Divas

Thanks

Looks like a few differances of opinion/side issues are being created already.

I'm with you 100% on your suggestions, especially on the synth pop thing as I believe the ideal band instrumentation formation of guitar/keyboards/bass/drums yields the best sound and visually the best performance rather than some jokers pressing buttons and twiddling knobs.

Perhaps that "rotund guy" in the tribute band could quit after this "tour" to join a synth band, thus paving the way for the reunion with Dave that everybody wants, even for just a farewell tour.

Also I really, really, really hate Country and Western!

No doubt I've just added a few more controversial points to this thread.

Chaz Rock City
07-16-2004, 02:02 AM
Nirvana was the worst thing to ever happen to music. If your a shitty guitar player, a shitty singer, and the best lyrics you can come with is Hello 18x in a row: you suck. Nirvana did not save rock n roll!!! They just made it alright for spoiled brats from the suburbs to feel sorry for themselves. I do like the Foo Fighters thought, but Dave Grohl would probadly think I'm an asshole.

Ally_Kat
07-16-2004, 02:52 AM
I listen to the radio and still I do not know the new bands or songs. they all sound like the same thing to me.

I do know that I passionalty hate that Ms Jackson song by Outkast.

Mr Badguy
07-16-2004, 08:10 AM
I don`t know how anyone could hate what they call "hair metal" so much.

Anyone who actually listened through that era must have had a great time, as I did.

It was all about having fun, unlike the grunge and nu-metal eras that followed it.

Isn`t music meant to be about having fun, even if it does include no brainer lyrics and dumb choruses?

It`s easy to look back and say "That was a load of shite!" but I have fond memories of a lot of records and bands of the time although there was some rubbish in there, as there is with any kind of music.

secrets
07-18-2004, 07:18 AM
I truly hate all of the maufactured boy and girl bands or anybody that has made a career from being a contestant on Pop Idol, they all suck.

Lou
07-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Air Supply :D

ashstralia
07-25-2004, 09:15 AM
matchbox 20= contrived music by numbers.

creed= manufactured melodrama (with arms wide open?)
you've got to be kidding...

chingy etc= not even going to comment.

Jano
07-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
I don`t know how anyone could hate what they call "hair metal" so much.

Anyone who actually listened through that era must have had a great time, as I did.

It was all about having fun, unlike the grunge and nu-metal eras that followed it.

Isn`t music meant to be about having fun, even if it does include no brainer lyrics and dumb choruses?

It`s easy to look back and say "That was a load of shite!" but I have fond memories of a lot of records and bands of the time although there was some rubbish in there, as there is with any kind of music.
-Hello bro,i'm sure that you remembered what we called the N.W.B.H.M. in Europe with Def leppard,saxon, tigers of pang tang, iron maiden.....Pretty good time for the hard rock's history!
-Anyway i hate all the boy's band,the rap and the RNB!

ssomesweetsugar
09-22-2004, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 09-02-1984
[B]Just wondering.......

What bands are most hated by real Van Halen fans?

All Boy Bands!

Vanstonica
09-22-2004, 03:30 PM
If there is a more anoying band than Outkast, I haven't heard it.

Everytime I hear that "Hey-yah" song, I feel like slitting my wrists.

I also agree with the general consensus that Nirvana sucked. What do people think about The Dakness? I kept reading these rave reviews on them, but their album sucks major ass.

Seshmeister
09-22-2004, 07:31 PM
After seeing it 30 times why does that pic still make me laugh...?:D

http://home.comcast.net/~smilewbrian/mf2.jpg

Hecubus
09-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Because it's damned fucking funny, bro!

Both of 'em are....

Classics!! Props to Warham!!

Ozzy Fudd
09-22-2004, 10:25 PM
The GAY City Rollers

Mezro
09-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ashstralia
matchbox 20= contrived music by numbers.

creed= manufactured melodrama (with arms wide open?)
you've got to be kidding...

chingy etc= not even going to comment.

matchboox 20 = richard marx

creed = stryper

chingy = welfare

Mezro...I hate boy bands, gangsta rap, fat divas and Elton John's hair system...

Hecubus
09-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Sarah McLachlan & that other "new age" female emotional crap....