X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thetruthbaby
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Holy Shit Official Pollstar Numbers

HOLY SHIT. THIS TOUR IS NOT DOING WELL AT ALL. Go to Yahoo and type in Pollstar Online-Pollstar Display Page. The site is www.concertnet.com , they have the MID YEAR TOP 100 REPORT LISTED. VAN HALEN is listed as (so far) having reported 13 shows and having sold 91,892 TICKETS FOR THOSE SHOWS. THAT IS AN AVERAGE OF ONLY 7,068 PER NIGHT PEOPLE. NOW READ CAREFULLY---they list the average tix as 9,189 per night BUT THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE DIVIDING THE NUMBER OF TIX SOLD BY THE NUMBER OF CITIES INSTEAD OF NUMBER OF SHOWS. IF YOU WANT AN ACCURATE NUMBER YOU MUST DIVIDE THE NUMBER OF TIX BY THE NUMBER OF SHOWS. 91,892 BY 13 SHOWS = 7.068 PER SHOW. This is Pollstar people, the end all and be all of the concert business. THESE ARE FACTS. CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. I'm looking right at it.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER
  • Wayne L.

I hope the VH reunion tour is the number one rock tour of the year despite it not being with Dave because it's the suits at record companies & concert promoters at concert arenas who follow Pollstar just like Billboard which doesn't mean a thing to the fans in real life!!!

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2004

SOMEONE PLEASE POST THIS SHIT AT THE LINKS

I can't wait to watch those idiots squirm.
      DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
        HOLY SHIT. THIS TOUR IS NOT DOING WELL AT ALL. Go to Yahoo and type in Pollstar Online-Pollstar Display Page. The site is www.concertnet.com , they have the MID YEAR TOP 100 REPORT LISTED. VAN HALEN is listed as (so far) having reported 13 shows and having sold 91,892 TICKETS FOR THOSE SHOWS. THAT IS AN AVERAGE OF ONLY 7,068 PER NIGHT PEOPLE. NOW READ CAREFULLY---they list the average tix as 9,189 per night BUT THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE DIVIDING THE NUMBER OF TIX SOLD BY THE NUMBER OF CITIES INSTEAD OF NUMBER OF SHOWS. IF YOU WANT AN ACCURATE NUMBER YOU MUST DIVIDE THE NUMBER OF TIX BY THE NUMBER OF SHOWS. 91,892 BY 13 SHOWS = 7.068 PER SHOW. This is Pollstar people, the end all and be all of the concert business. THESE ARE FACTS. CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. I'm looking right at it.
        and how many is dave playing to on average?

about 300?

yup.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

SINCE I'M NOT A WIZ AT MY COMPUTER

If anyone is having trouble bringing up the site or numbers let me know, I will be FUCKING MORE THAN HAPPY to fax this report from POLLSTAR to you. I just printed it out.
          DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• vanzilla
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

This Tour is a Bomb!

I saw VH in Louisville, KY at Freedom Hall. The place seats 19,000 - I bet it was 3/4 full. Lots of empty seats near the back and most of the upper bowl was vacant. Two hours later, I realized why the show wasn't sold out. Sammy looks every bit of 57, and is just damn goofy. Eddie, Mike, and Al play the same exact solos they've played for 25 years - just not as good as they used to. Eddie was very disappointing. He did a couple of shots with Sammy on stage - so that should tell you where his head is when it comes to getting his shit together. At least he didn't smoke. I tell you man - I used to live and die by the VH sword. Of course I think the band was bettter with Dave, but I hung in there and enjoyed most of the Sammy era too. But after seeing this piece of shit show - it became painfully obvious to me that the band is better off just hanging it up. It's sad because the man that inspired me to pick up a guitar is now nothing more than a shadow of his former self. A lot of people said that about Dave when he went on tour with the DLR Band - but after they saw the show - they shut the hell up. People who say DLR is washed up obviously haven't seen the 2004 pension plan tour.
            Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
              If anyone is having trouble bringing up the site or numbers let me know, I will be FUCKING MORE THAN HAPPY to fax this report from POLLSTAR to you. I just printed it out.
              Why do u care? Get a fucking life already. Dave is out, that is the truth. Got it yet? Rothtard?

Name one band nbesides Phish, that is selling out every show. Name one that is doing great business this year.

Nobody.

The industry is fucked right now.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
                Head Fluffer
                • Jun 2004

A/SMITH & F/MAC & METALLICA

Aerosmith, F MAC, & Metallica are all doing WAY FUCKING BETTER BUSINESS THAN THE "mighty" VAN HAGAR. HURTS LIKE HELL DOESN'T IT. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
                DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by L.S.D.
                  and how many is dave playing to on average?

about 300?

yup.
                  How would you know? You got some numbers? These are numbers for the current lame ass VH tour, get over it, they suck RIGHT NOW.

Is Dave on tour? Dave has more oney that you'll ever imagine, he does what he wants.

He toured for his album last year, more than Sam did for that lame LIVE crap he did.

Mom got you grounded today? Get those chores done Junior.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Why do u care? Get a fucking life already. Dave is out, that is the truth. Got it yet? Rothtard?

Name one band nbesides Phish, that is selling out every show. Name one that is doing great business this year.

Nobody.

Let's see ...

Dave hatin' basement troll on a Roth site, 700+ posts, and yet lives on this site to call people a "Rothtard"?

Who needs the life?

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Funny how when LSD posted the pollstar "SEARCH" results on a daily basis, that shit was important.

Now it's "Who cares?"

Admit defeat dipshit, take your miserable act to the Links, where they can't stand you either.

Your CD burner is broke, thought you were Mr. Moneybags?

Fucking joke.

Comment

• lms
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2004

The industry is fucked right now because people like Spam Hagar are touring and people like Dave Roth are not.
                        "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• lms
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2004

You dont necessarily need to fax me the numbers, but I did go to view them and was advised I needed to be a member....like thats gonna happen at $195.00. Maybe you could just paste the data here...? or e-mail it to me.
                          "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• Vanstonica
                            Roadie
                            • Jun 2004

I hate to agree with L.S.D., but I think he's right. The tour probably is more of a reflection of outrageous ticket prices and lack of hype than anything. Why would the casual fan shell out $50 to listen to what they probably consider an 80's nostalgia group at this point?? The casual fan is the one who is going to drive up ticket sales.

I can't stand Sammy, and I'd be the first in line to buy a ticket if Dave was fronting the band, but I don't even think DLR could save this mess.

Alot of the hardcore fans are still burnt from "on-again, off again" reunion, and most of the casual fans probably think of VH as something closer to Poison or Great White than they are to the Rolling Stones.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2004

ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE

GO TO YAHOO, TYPE IN THE FOLLOWING---- Pollstar Online - Polstar Display Page. I just did it again and had ABSOUTELY NO PROBLEM bringing up the page. Then CLICK on TOP 100 TOURS AND YOU'LL SEE THE MID YEAR 2004 REPORT.
                              DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

Working...