PDA

View Full Version : Van halen with roth at mtv awards

col5150
07-14-2004, 06:32 PM
does anyone know if you can download the clip of the last time the real van halen were in public together. Ive read about the mtv awards they were at presenting some award or something that dave made the statement 'who'd have thought we would all be standing here together after all these years' or something like that.

id really like to see it.......anybody?

pkolb
07-14-2004, 11:03 PM
I've seen a few posts asking about it, col5150. It doesn't look like anyone has it available for download. There was a short clip of it at the MTV site, but that link is dead now.

ddog
07-15-2004, 12:31 AM
actually it was a little embarasing for roth. I thought he made a fool of himself on this night which is why ed canned him at that point. the reason roth is not with van halen is that he doesn't think of anyone but himself, and it will never work because he won't change. sammy is such a follower that he would do anything to get back in the band (like kiss ed's ass) and that's why he is...too bad dave just wouldn't shut up and play music with the world's greatest guitarist...

rockvanhalen66
07-15-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by ddog
actually it was a little embarasing for roth. I thought he made a fool of himself on this night which is why ed canned him at that point. the reason roth is not with van halen is that he doesn't think of anyone but himself, and it will never work because he won't change. sammy is such a follower that he would do anything to get back in the band (like kiss ed's ass) and that's why he is...too bad dave just wouldn't shut up and play music with the world's greatest guitarist... now that has some truth to it.....

Cathedral
07-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Ok, I call bullshit...Dave was just being Dave, period. He was hyped and he was pumped.
Ed is the one who cares for nobody but himself.

Explain why Gary Cherone was already signed to the band when that fiasco took place?

If Dave had any knowledge that they had already signed Gary Cherone, none of us would have seen Roth on that stage with them, understand?

That bullshit was a marketing ploy to sell BOV I, nothing more, and the fans along with Dave were duped into believing something that was never to be.

Matt White
07-15-2004, 01:39 AM
And then ED and Shemp Van Halen get on MTV as soon as possible and act all indignant towards Dave. just selling the bullshit, as always. Money grubbing bastards that they are, they burn the original fans and Dave all in one fell swoop. This is why this Sham Halen tour is playing to 2/3 capacity crowds. Any CLASSIC VAN HALEN fan that ever gave 'em the benefit of the doubt jumped off that sinking ship back in 1996!

Cathedral
07-15-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
And then ED and Shemp Van Halen get on MTV as soon as possible and act all indignant towards Dave. just selling the bullshit, as always. Money grubbing bastards that they are, they burn the original fans and Dave all in one fell swoop. This is why this Sham Halen tour is playing to 2/3 capacity crowds. Any CLASSIC VAN HALEN fan that ever gave 'em the benefit of the doubt jumped off that sinking ship back in 1996!

And that water was cold, but it was colder remaining on the ship. that wasn't an option.

Maybe if i weren't a guitarist myself, Ed's integrity wouldn't have made any difference. but being a fanatic (which is where the word "fan" comes from) It had tons to do with how i saw Ed, the man and musician.
I guess you have to have played the game of being a bandmate to understand, but i don't respect or support musicians who lack integrity.

But that is just my point of view whether anyone agrees with me or not.

Matt White
07-15-2004, 01:53 AM
Been playing for 20 years now, since 1984. Got the record and the guitar that year. Speaking of guitar, thats where Ed peddles the majority of his bullshit. He slags Dave at every opportunity in GUITARWORLD, GUITARONE( formally GFTPM), and GUITARPLAYER. The debacle of 1996 was what was the final straw for this VH fan. That they would trade all that goodwill and respect he had garnered over the years for a quick buck at ours and Daves expense made me completely lose interest in what he does.

azcrdnal
07-15-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by col5150
does anyone know if you can download the clip of the last time the real van halen were in public together. Ive read about the mtv awards they were at presenting some award or something that dave made the statement 'who'd have thought we would all be standing here together after all these years' or something like that.

id really like to see it.......anybody? give me your email and i will send it to you.it is pretty cool.

Brettt
07-15-2004, 02:09 AM
You guys jacking off to this again?!?

You'll be full-on jackin' it to the new Spammy songs this Tuesday! Just like us at the LINKS!

Stroke Me! Stroke Me!

http://www.photorazzi.com/mas_assets/pfthumb/0461004.jpg

Cathedral
07-15-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Brettt

You'll be full-on jackin' it to the new Spammy songs this Tuesday! Just like us at the LINKS!

Stroke Me! Stroke Me!

Not even in your worst gay wet dreams, pal.

Panamark
07-15-2004, 06:56 AM
That fucking award night was both the greatest and worst night of Van Halen history, simultaneously !

Bad Muthafucker
07-15-2004, 09:35 AM

Stroke Me! Stroke Me!

actually it's your mudda that jacks me off...every day! it's awesome. she really knows what she's doing! i guess she learned how to do it so well from practicing on your grand fadda. man oh man, some of the stories she tells me.......

Panamark
07-15-2004, 10:12 AM

Stroke Me! Stroke Me!

Theres more on the way ? You would hope they are better than those other three...

Hey are they still on the billboard charts ? I predicted four weeks.
Must be at least three now..

bru87tr
07-15-2004, 01:49 PM
why does everyone say dave makes an ass of him self ?

this is dave and dave has always been goofy and shown his goofy smile. people dig it, trust me!!!!! he spews confidence !!!!!

dave has always been who he is and has never changed. he got away with it more back in the day cause he was young. when your young you can do anything and still look cool!

I have it on VHS, im sure someone here does too that can put it in mpeg.

Terry
07-15-2004, 11:18 PM
1996 MTV VMA's, post presentation interview:

Mike Anthony: "The sky is the limit."

Alex Van Halen: "You just can't fool the fans."

This kind of bullshit being said while Roth was standing next to them. Later we find out Cherone had already been up to see the band.

Couple of weeks later the brothers are telling us how washed up Dave is, yet somehow the two new tracks he did were good enough to be included on their greatest hits.

Guess the fact that Van Hagar is populated by a bunch of bad liars would be of secondary interest if the music was any good. Too bad that's not the case.

ROTHandRoll
07-16-2004, 12:07 PM
It's really sad that those three (4 w/ Spam) are liars beyond belief. That's one definate kind of people I hate---liars. I always read the guitar magazines and used to take Ed's side, him being my "guitar hero" but after researching this whole lifetime fiasco, I feel cheated by Ed and company. Ed is now a walking timebomb and everyone else is kissing his ass and dragging him on stage w/ lifesupport i.e. alcohol---to make a money grab ripping off the fans because they're going broke.

Dave, the only intellegent and believeable member of the band, should get back together w/ Vai et al and continue giving Vai lessons on how to rock and songwrite.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 12:17 PM
actually it was a little embarasing for roth. I thought he made a fool of himself on this night which is why ed canned him at that point. the reason roth is not with van halen is that he doesn't think of anyone but himself, and it will never work because he won't change. sammy is such a follower that he would do anything to get back in the band (like kiss ed's ass) and that's why he is...too bad dave just wouldn't shut up and play music with the world's greatest guitarist...

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 12:19 PM
actually it was a little embarasing for roth. I thought he made a fool of himself on this night which is why ed canned him at that point. the reason roth is not with van halen is that he doesn't think of anyone but himself, and it will never work because he won't change. sammy is such a follower that he would do anything to get back in the band (like kiss ed's ass) and that's why he is...too bad dave just wouldn't shut up and play music with the world's greatest guitarist... .

SoCalChelle
07-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by azcrdnal
give me your email and i will send it to you.it is pretty cool.

I used to have it, but I think it got deleted. Could you send it to me too? socalchelle@sbcglobal.net