PDA

View Full Version : EVH Art Series guitars on eBay

Roth kills Sam
07-15-2004, 12:53 PM
I think it is a good investment for you guys, since Man-With-Half-Tongue will probably keel over towards the end of summer and your investment will only increase in value at that time

BigDaddyD
07-15-2004, 12:55 PM
how is it going to increase? They aren't rare and they are already way overpriced.

Roth kills Sam
07-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Things from dead guys usually increase.

BigDaddyD
07-15-2004, 01:04 PM
true, but that is the case when it is actually owned and used or identified as being with them...like Clapton's Blackie. Not a reproduction that was concieved as an artifical collectible. The price has already been driven sky high. they will reach numbers that will almost assure the fact that they will never increase in value. If these guitars sell at 50k, they will lose money in the long run and fast. These are not his guitars, and aren't played by him (well some are, but only for a song...enough to make it artificially collectible.) Had these guitars sold for $2000, I would see you point, but they have ready been artificially inflated to ridiculous prices, that will never be stable.

Roth kills Sam
07-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Uhh... I am sorry you are taking this thread seriously, but it was meant to be a joke...

... a joke like Van Hagar

BigDaddyD
07-15-2004, 02:21 PM
unfortunately, there are many people that few exactly what you posted and they aren't joking. Sorry for failing to see the humor in your post. As for me I think the whole evh-guitars.com is a pathetic joke and made me lose the very last bit of respect that I had for EVH.

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 02:29 PM
More power to him! I hope Ed sells 'em all. Players from Neal Schon, Jimmy Page, Yngwie Malmsteen, Vai, Dave Mustaine, etc,etc have sold stuff on Ebay....and for hella-high prices. This is something that Ed has a hand in making, plays on stage, signs....it's a no-brianer to me. I mean, it's fashionable (here) to down the guy regardless of what he does. It's cool, though. I'm sure if Dave sold his assless chaps on Ebay it'd be "too friggin' cool!!" LOL Not dissin' Roth, but cant y'all see the silliness of dogging one guy for the same thing you'd be praising the other for? Eh, peace.

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Ok....so i spelled "no-brainer" wrong...lol...sure me!! :)

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Geez....."SUE" me!! Damn, not my day :)

Rikk
07-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Man, Iva, you sure are hooked on phonics.

BigDaddyD
07-15-2004, 02:37 PM
He doesn't have a hand in making them. He is sticking masking tape on them. Big fucking deal. He isn't playing all of them only some and only for a some or two so that he can rape his fans for any money he can.

Neal Schon sells gear that he actually owned and played and that cost a fortune new. Many of these instruments were one offs from the Gibson and PRS custom shop that would cost anyone a fortune to have made....if they those companies would make them for you at any cost. Yngwie also sells gear that he actually owned. Mustain, sold off his own personal and touring guitars, when he switched companies. That would be akin to EVH selling his personal Ernie Balls when he went to PV. That would have brought huge money and rightly so. Vai sells his own personal gear and all of the money goes to charity. EVH is auctioning medicore guitars that he is sticking tape on. If he wasn't sticking tape on them they would be sold at about $2000 from Charvel. If GMW made it $1200, if you made it out of Warmoth parts $800. Give me a break. If you bought one of the Kramers 1984 guitars...$400

Roth kills Sam
07-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BigDaddyD
He doesn't have a hand in making them. He is sticking masking tape on them. Big fucking deal. He isn't playing all of them only some and only for a some or two so that he can rape his fans for any money he can.

Neal Schon sells gear that he actually owned and played and that cost a fortune new. Many of these instruments were one offs from the Gibson and PRS custom shop that would cost anyone a fortune to have made....if they those companies would make them for you at any cost. Yngwie also sells gear that he actually owned. Mustain, sold off his own personal and touring guitars, when he switched companies. That would be akin to EVH selling his personal Ernie Balls when he went to PV. That would have brought huge money and rightly so. Vai sells his own personal gear and all of the money goes to charity. EVH is auctioning medicore guitars that he is sticking tape on. If he wasn't sticking tape on them they would be sold at about $2000 from Charvel. If GMW made it $1200, if you made it out of Warmoth parts $800. Give me a break. If you bought one of the Kramers 1984 guitars...$400

This is all right on the button. I would actually still want one of these guitars, but certainly not for anywhere near the intro price of $5500 or more. Cheesy rip off...

5150Clown
07-15-2004, 03:46 PM
It's a scam! Buy a replica from someone on line or local. Much better deal. Hell...you're not gonna play it anyway.

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Man, Iva, you sure are hooked on phonics.

LOL

Matt White
07-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Or, do like the man himself did back in the day...make your own! The orriginal Frankenstrat cost him less than $500 to build! And some dope wants to give Ed 5k for one of these? Incredible! And, from what I've seen, their not even replicas of his! Look at the pictures on the site. The guitars are similar to his, but not the same patterns of stripes! Who would pay Ed 5 Grand to paint a guitar for them? Retards!