PDA

View Full Version : Can you RothArmy dudes actually say that there were no good songs with Hagar?

TongueNGroove
07-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Seriously guys. I see you all dogging Eddie and Sammy like crazy. It seems as though you are not, nor ever were, Van Halen fans, but only Roth fans. To dis one of the greatest guitar players the way you guys do is sacrilegious. I can't beleive you can call yourselves VH fans of any era.

Anyway, to the point of the post. Can you guys actaully truthfully tell me with an honest heart that there is not one Van Hagar tune that you like? I find that extremely hard to beleive. I am a fan of both eras and I find it really hard to decide which era is better, but there is no way in hell I could ever say that I hate every song Van Hagar ever made because I would be lying to myself much they way you are.

Remember that a lot of Van Roths hits were actually just remakes of other peoples music. Whereas Van Hagar wrote all originals.

Here are just a few of the great tunes that Van Hagar have come up with that I happen to love.

The Entire 5150 album with Good Enough, Get Up, 5150 and Summer Nights being extra good.

Black and Blue

Cabo Wabo

Feels So Good (Awsome tune)

Finish what yah started (Ground Breaking accoustic tune that set the stage for all other accoustic rock songs)

Mine all Mine (My fav off that album)

When It's Love

Poundcake

Judegement day

Runaround

Pleasure Dome(Awsome guitar work in this)

Man on a mission

The dream is over

Right Now

Top of the World

Can't stop lovin you

And that one hit off VHIII

Now, if you can look at that whole list and honestly say that you do not like ANY of those songs then all I can say is LIAR!! :D

Now shut up and get off Hagars ass and show the brother some respect, God knows he deserves it. And for God's sake show Eddie some respect too, without him there would be no Van Halen at all seeing as how he wrote all the music.

bru87tr
07-15-2004, 01:29 PM
DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
Seriously guys. I see you all dogging Eddie and Sammy like crazy. It seems as though you are not, nor ever were, Van Halen fans, but only Roth fans. To dis one of the greatest guitar players the way you guys do is sacrilegious. I can't beleive you can call yourselves VH fans of any era.

Anyway, to the point of the post. Can you guys actaully truthfully tell me with an honest heart that there is not one Van Hagar tune that you like? I find that extremely hard to beleive. I am a fan of both eras and I find it really hard to decide which era is better, but there is no way in hell I could ever say that I hate every song Van Hagar ever made because I would be lying to myself much they way you are.

Remember that a lot of Van Roths hits were actually just remakes of other peoples music. Whereas Van Hagar wrote all originals.

Here are just a few of the great tunes that Van Hagar have come up with that I happen to love.

The Entire 5150 album with Good Enough, Get Up, 5150 and Summer Nights being extra good.

Black and Blue

Cabo Wabo

Finish what yah started (Ground Breaking accoustic tune that set the stage for all other accoustic rock songs)

When It's Love

Poundcake

Judegement day

Runaround

Man on a mission

The dream is over

Right Now

Top of the World

Can't stop lovin you

Now, if you can look at that whole list and honestly say that you do not like ANY of those songs then all I can say is LIAR!! :D

Now shut up and get off Hagars ass and show the brother some respect, God knows he deserves it. And for God's sake show Eddie some respect too, without him there would be no Van Halen at all seeing as how he wrote all the music.

[/B][/QUOTE] TO THE SHEEP PEN WITH YA YOU FUCKING FREAK. YOU ARE A COMPLETE FUCKING MORON MR. 2 POSTS. I'M CALLING OUT THE PENGUINS EARLY FOR YOU FUCKER!!! YOU ARE ONE FUCKED UP DUDE!! THAT IS THE WORST POST EVER!!! YOU MAKE LSD LOOK LIKE A FUCKING GENIOUS!!! TO THE PEN FUCKER!!!!

Rikk
07-15-2004, 01:35 PM
To the pen!!!

Anyone that favorably compares a piece of shit like MAN ON A MISSION to the Dave stuff deserves a place in the fucking pen.

What name does this pussy deserve, Guwapo?

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
To the pen!!!

Anyone that favorably compares a piece of shit like MAN ON A MISSION to the Dave stuff deserves a place in the fucking pen.

What name does this pussy deserve, Guwapo?

Tongue deserves the name Sheep Rimmer Mr. Rikk.

TongueNGroove
3 responses and none of you have answered the question. I assume that means that there are Van Hagar songs that you like. I knew it.

Coyote

Black and Blue

Cabo Wabo

When It's Love

Poundcake

Judegement day

Runaround

Man on a mission

The dream is over

Right Now

Top of the World

Can't stop lovin you

Look, I don't give a rats ass about your personal opinion on which singer was better, or which line-up had better music.

But I'll give you mine, like it or not.

Van Hagar had ok songs (lyrics aside, naturally :D ), if those guys actually were goin' for that late-80's pop sound and feel.

And, by the way, "acoustic rock" is an oxymoron, you IDIOT!!

Roth kills Sam
07-15-2004, 01:39 PM
"Love Walks In" and "How Many Say I" are the stuff of legend

Rikk
07-15-2004, 01:41 PM
3 responses and none of you have answered the question. I assume that means that there are Van Hagar songs that you like. I knew it.

The only thing you know is that the sky is purple in your world. Tongue, you'd better check your list there. To insult VH for having more hits with covers? Let's see: PRETTY WOMAN and YOU REALLY GOT ME. Okay. Their biggest hits: try JUMP, PANAMA, HOT FOR TEACHER, I'LL WAIT, AIN'T TALKIN' 'BOUT LOVE, DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY, etc. None of those are covers.

Put it this way...maybe HUMANS BEING is better than DANCING IN THE STREET (and only because Sammy shuts-the-fuck-up for most of it). That's as far as I'll go, Tongue. But pretty much the rest of the Dave catalog destroys every single song in the cheese-head catalogue.

kennyboy
07-15-2004, 01:45 PM
"When It's Love" makes my pee pee tingle with it's magic!

FAG! Back to the LINKS bitch!

MAX
07-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by kennyboy
"When It's Love" makes my pee pee tingle with it's magic!

ROTFL!!!

Careful there Kenny, don't be giving the homo any more ideas. You know what sick fucks they are. :eek:

Catfish
07-15-2004, 01:51 PM
The answer to yer thread's title:

Uh...yeah.

Catfish
07-15-2004, 01:52 PM

Black and Blue

Cabo Wabo

When It's Love

Poundcake

Judegement day

Runaround

Man on a mission

The dream is over

Right Now

Top of the World

Can't stop lovin you

Man, are you a wuss!

BRANDON
07-15-2004, 01:54 PM
when roth left it was over for vh. period.
van hagar is not the real van halen. hagar ruined that band,if you can't see that then your a sheep.

TongueNGroove
07-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Look, I don't give a rats ass about your personal opinion on which singer was better, or which line-up had better music.

But I'll give you mine, like it or not.

Van Hagar had ok songs (lyrics aside, naturally :D ), if those guys actually were goin' for that late-80's pop sound and feel.

And, by the way, "acoustic rock" is an oxymoron, you IDIOT!!

I am not saying the Hagar era is better, I am just saying they had great music and I am trying to find out if you people actually really think that ALL Van Hagar music sucks.

And no "acoustic rock" is not an oxymoron. There's no law that says Rock has to have electric guitars. Apparently you are limited in your musical knowledge. For example, give Extreme's "Midnight Express" a listen some time. If that isn't Rock then nothing is.

MAX
07-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Feels So Good(Awsome tune)[/B]

I'm fucking speechless...........
:uck:

This has to be a joke?

Rikk
07-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I am not saying the Hagar era is better, I am just saying they had great music and I am trying to find out if you people actually really think that ALL Van Hagar music sucks.

And no "acoustic rock" is not an oxymoron. There's no law that says Rock has to have electric guitars. Apparently you are limited in your musical knowledge. For example, give Extreme's "Midnight Express" a listen some time. If that isn't Rock then nothing is.

EXTREME? They suck jangling donkey balls. That's not rock. It's corporate schlock. It's funny...the band had a true rock 'n' roll rebel as a singer (Dave) and instead got two different corporate rock losers to take his place (Sam and Gary). And to this day, the press really only loves the band with Dave. As does the average Joe. And you know it.

EXTREME is shit. If you want a real rock album, go buy Iggy Pop's RAW POWER.

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 02:22 PM
The only thing you know is that the sky is purple in your world. Tongue, you'd better check your list there. To insult VH for having more hits with covers? Let's see: PRETTY WOMAN and YOU REALLY GOT ME. Okay. Their biggest hits: try JUMP, PANAMA, HOT FOR TEACHER, I'LL WAIT, AIN'T TALKIN' 'BOUT LOVE, DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY, etc. None of those are covers.

Put it this way...maybe HUMANS BEING is better than DANCING IN THE STREET (and only because Sammy shuts-the-fuck-up for most of it). That's as far as I'll go, Tongue. But pretty much the rest of the Dave catalog destroys every single song in the cheese-head catalogue.

There's great tunes on every record. From the first one until the new tunes. Sure i like some more than others...but i cant really say that the Dave era is better. They had some killer music throughout. So, nah....anyone that thinks that Dave era "destroys" the music they did afterwards is kidding themselves. It's all good. :)

Coyote
07-15-2004, 03:37 PM

To me it is an oxymoron. IMO, acoustic music only works in these places: somewhere you can't wail, around campfires and over at a friends place on a Friday night while completely shitfaced. Plus I find it boring as all hell. (Except for some classical pieces, which I used to practice during my first months of being a guitarist.)

My musical knowlegde might be a tad limited at times, yes, but I've brought that on to myself in an attempt to understand rock'n'roll, especially circa 1967-1992.

And as far as Extreme? They were just another one-hit-wonder...
"More Than Words", anyone?
(And no. It ain't "Rock", so I must be currently listening to the non-existant music of The Michael Schenker Group. :D )

Magneto
07-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by BRANDON
van hagar is not the real van halen. hagar ruined that band,if you can't see that then your a sheep.

DLR ruined VH when he quit

DLR_EngineRoom
07-15-2004, 03:59 PM

Black and Blue

Cabo Wabo

When It's Love

Poundcake

Judegement day

Runaround

Man on a mission

The dream is over

Right Now

Top of the World

Can't stop lovin you

Umm duhhhhh.....they all suck! Hellloooooo wake the hell up!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-15-2004, 05:14 PM
all the great sammy hits! how can u dave fans deny it? Wet Dreams, Eddie licks my poundcake, tell me why cant u hate me more, i want it right there and now (it means everything) lol sammy sucks!

Terry
07-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Van Hagar had a few songs that managed to rise above the mediocre, but not by much:

5150 the title track

AFU

Pleasuredome

Humans Being

Not exactly a long list of noteworthy Van Hagar tunes, is it?

Van Hagar's music lacks energy, intelligent/interesting lyrics, quality production values and the ability to sit alongside the classic output.

Hagar came along after the original lineup built the band to a level where their last album went on to sell 10 million. He had no input in making the band great and nothing decent to offer in his own right, and the downward trend of album sales which started long before grunge killed off hair metal/faux hard rock/pop metal lite (a category which Van Hagar neatly fits into) only confirms this. Plus, the tubby, one vocal key lame ass with lyrics by Hallmark showed no respect to what came before him.

Now tell me again why Hagar deserves respect?

Fuck Van Hagar.

Rikk
07-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Van Hagar had a few songs that managed to rise above the mediocre, but not by much:

5150 the title track

AFU

Pleasuredome

Humans Being

Van Hagar's music lacks energy, intelligent/interesting lyrics, quality production values and the ability to sit alongside the classic output.

Hagar came along after the original lineup built the band to a level where their last album went on to sell 10 million. He had no input in making the band great and nothing decent to offer in his own right, and the downward trend of album sales which started long before grunge killed off hair metal/faux hard rock/pop metal lite (a category which Van Hagar neatly fits into) only confirms this. Plus, the tubby, one vocal key lame ass with lyrics by Hallmark showed no respect to what came before him.

Fuck Van Hagar.

What a great fucking post!!!

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Terry
[B] Van Hagar's music lacks energy, intelligent/interesting lyrics, quality production values and the ability to sit alongside the classic output.

Matter of opinion....an incorrect one at that. :)

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Ever
[B] Van Hagar's music lacks energy, intelligent/interesting lyrics, quality production values and the ability to sit alongside the classic output.

Another incorrect opinion. Shit we could be stuck here for awhile.

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

That was kinda my point....hence the :)

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 05:43 PM

Even though it WAS a incorrect statement. :) Just had to do it. lol

ZahZoo
07-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Well I gotta admit... Sammy sung the shit outta 316 better than Dave did on Spanish Fly... ;)

DR CHIP
07-15-2004, 05:54 PM
EFan,

I respect your opinion...after all it is your opinion...and will reply with mine...

I thought about your post and can honestly say a few things:

1. The Dave era and Sammy era ARE two TOTALLY different bands, music, lyrics, attitude, etc....I have to say that there is NO comparison between the two...the Sammy era is not half as good as the Dave era AND that includes Ed's playing...

2. There is no doubt that Van Halen with Sammy recorded some good stuff, but therein lies the problem...it was good...and compared to the Dave era Van Halen it doesn't stack up...

3. The EEAS album is better than ANYHTHING Van Halen did post Roth...THAT IN AND OF IT'S SELF TELLS WHY WE ARE LOYAL TO DAVE - HE BRINGS IT...Ed and Sam just don't on their own or together....

4. You seem to be "hell bent" on Van Halen whoever fronts the band and that is cool...I am not sure this is the forum to have that opinion and be taken seriously and I am definitely sure that I do not consider Van Halen unless Dave is in it....period...Van Halen ceases to be Van Halen when Dave is absent...

5. Buy a T-shirt off the website and wear it for a couple of days...it will all go clear and you'll have a buddhist riff for your inner ear...

:)

Rikk
07-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
Well I gotta admit... Sammy sung the shit outta 316 better than Dave did on Spanish Fly... ;)

LOL!

I know I'm gonna sound like an asshole here, but even with both being instrumentals, SPANISH FLY blows away 316. 316 is a lousy and boring instrumental...an old man's guitar solo.

BARE BONE
07-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Spammy sucks period. He sucked before Van halen (name one song that didn't make you want to puke) and he sucks in Van Hagar. You think just cuz eddie is writing and playing that will make his voice sound better. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard, he dresses like a retarded ronald mc donald. nuff said. go back to watching your spongebob show TongueNGroove.

TongueNGroove
07-15-2004, 05:59 PM
LOL!

I know I'm gonna sound like an asshole here, but even with both being instrumentals, SPANISH FLY blows away 316. 316 is a lousy and boring instrumental...an old man's guitar solo.

Well I gotta agree with you there. SpanishFly > 316

Big Train
07-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Can I say it? I can it easily. I can say it often. I can say it in multiple languages :

Van Hagar es muy malo...

I can say it without a hint of irony. I can say it honestly. I can say it shamelessly, from the mountaintops. I can carve it in a tree. I can spraypaint it. I can have choruses of people sing it with me in 4-part harmony.

In a nutshell, yes I can.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-15-2004, 06:10 PM

5150 the title track

AFU

Pleasuredome

Humans Being

Fuck Van Hagar.

What a great fucking post!!!

er.....Rikk...I'm almost afraid to know what you meant by that...I'm pissing my pants here at work at what that implies.....

did you mean that it's a great posted comment or that Terry's a great post?

Please tell me you meant the posted comment reference....please...

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 06:15 PM
LOL!

Technically, it obviously blows it away. I kinda think that fact that it turned into a lullaby for Wolfie before the recording of it would imply that a shredfest wouldnt quite seem right. I like the simplicity of it, too...it's moving to me. Spanish Fly i love, too....more than Eruption at times. Oh well.

muffinman14
07-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Van Halen was a kick ass rock band, Van Hagar is a pussy synth pop/love balled band. Sammy had some "decent" tunes, but you can herdly even say that when comparing them to the "classic" catalog.

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 06:30 PM

Rikk
07-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Technically, it obviously blows it away. I kinda think that fact that it turned into a lullaby for Wolfie before the recording of it would imply that a shredfest wouldnt quite seem right. I like the simplicity of it, too...it's moving to me. Spanish Fly i love, too....more than Eruption at times. Oh well.

Yeah, but come on...a lullaby on a Van Halen album? I've also heard lullabies that have better melodies than that one.

Anyway, to each his own.

You know, I don't agree with you a lot, Iva, but I guess I don't have any real problems with you. It's Van Herpes I'm gunning for now.

Dan
07-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Who's Sammy Hagar?

Sarge's Little Helper
07-15-2004, 07:21 PM
Who's Sammy Hagar?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
EFan,

I respect your opinion...after all it is your opinion...and will reply with mine...

I thought about your post and can honestly say a few things:

1. The Dave era and Sammy era ARE two TOTALLY different bands, music, lyrics, attitude, etc....I have to say that there is NO comparison between the two...the Sammy era is not half as good as the Dave era AND that includes Ed's playing...

2. There is no doubt that Van Halen with Sammy recorded some good stuff, but therein lies the problem...it was good...and compared to the Dave era Van Halen it doesn't stack up...

3. The EEAS album is better than ANYHTHING Van Halen did post Roth...THAT IN AND OF IT'S SELF TELLS WHY WE ARE LOYAL TO DAVE - HE BRINGS IT...Ed and Sam just don't on their own or together....

4. You seem to be "hell bent" on Van Halen whoever fronts the band and that is cool...I am not sure this is the forum to have that opinion and be taken seriously and I am definitely sure that I do not consider Van Halen unless Dave is in it....period...Van Halen ceases to be Van Halen when Dave is absent...

5. Buy a T-shirt off the website and wear it for a couple of days...it will all go clear and you'll have a buddhist riff for your inner ear...

As always, we agree to dissagree..and that's ok with me. If everyone here could do that it'd be more fun to debate. Peace, bro.

Switch84
07-15-2004, 07:53 PM
:) This Roth Broad can honestly and boldly say (type, actually) HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Can you hear me now? GOOD!

LMMFAOBT:)

DLR_EngineRoom
07-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by BRANDON

Can we have the above bronzed or something....that was beautiful...

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but come on...a lullaby on a Van Halen album? I've also heard lullabies that have better melodies than that one.

Anyway, to each his own.

You know, I don't agree with you a lot, Iva, but I guess I don't have any real problems with you. It's Van Herpes I'm gunning for now.

No probs here, either......now, who's this Van Herpes?

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 09:47 PM

LSD

DR CHIP
07-15-2004, 09:48 PM
As always, we agree to dissagree..and that's ok with me. If everyone here could do that it'd be more fun to debate. Peace, bro.

Hey you know I don't attack people...it's all good...

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 09:52 PM
LSD

Oh, ok....the one that i really felt sorry for was that kidvegas dude. I mean, i'd actually slam Hagar if it meant not agreeing with that guy in a thread! LOL

tjvhou812
07-15-2004, 10:01 PM
both versions of vanhalen kicked ass period.......

EddieFan4Ever
07-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
both versions of vanhalen kicked ass period.......

Amen

Terry
07-15-2004, 10:47 PM

If it's a matter of opinion, by definition it can't be incorrect.

However, this is not the case here. Classic Van Halen is it.

Here endeth the lesson.

Matt White
07-15-2004, 10:54 PM
The only tunes that I thought were even marginal with Spammy were 5150(the song) and runaround. Seriously. Its just my opinion, but I played the cassette of 5150 once when I bought it, and then threw it out the window of my car while driving home in disgust. If you weren't around for the band in its glory days, it must be hard to put into perspective. It would be like replacing Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin and expecting the majority of their hard core fans to like, let alone accept, the change. Van Halen went for trailblazers to followers in my opinion.

Matt White
07-15-2004, 10:54 PM
from trailblazers to followers

scottydabodi
07-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Fuck this... the BEST Sam can do is an OK song... The BEST Dave can do is fucking awesome... do the Goddamn MATH!!!

Rikk
07-16-2004, 12:18 AM

L.S.D. The guy has been posting tons of shit here just to start crap up. And on top of that, the idiot has been proven to be a bad trader. He's apparently ripped off a ton of people in trades, and if you confront him about it, he makes excuses. Just a shitty guy.

Anyway, you're right...it's fun to agree to disagree. I love flame-wars...but it's also good to disagree with someone who isn't an asshole.

And I won't say Ed did nothing good after Dave left...I'll just say that I think Ed's playing was wasted after Dave left. But it's all good.

I get flamed for this a lot, but I still maintain that Ed played better on VH3 than he did on any of the other Hagar albums. It's just too bad that the right singer wasn't there and the songs didn't come together. But the solos were amazing.

Anyway, I take back some of the shit I said to you a few days ago. You're alright.;)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-16-2004, 12:23 AM
lets all make a vagina with our hands, masturbate into it, and smear cum on our faces, fellow sheep!

EddieFan4Ever
07-16-2004, 12:40 AM
L.S.D. The guy has been posting tons of shit here just to start crap up. And on top of that, the idiot has been proven to be a bad trader. He's apparently ripped off a ton of people in trades, and if you confront him about it, he makes excuses. Just a shitty guy.

Anyway, you're right...it's fun to agree to disagree. I love flame-wars...but it's also good to disagree with someone who isn't an asshole.

And I won't say Ed did nothing good after Dave left...I'll just say that I think Ed's playing was wasted after Dave left. But it's all good.

I get flamed for this a lot, but I still maintain that Ed played better on VH3 than he did on any of the other Hagar albums. It's just too bad that the right singer wasn't there and the songs didn't come together. But the solos were amazing.

Anyway, I take back some of the shit I said to you a few days ago. You're alright.;)

It's all good.....yer alright yourself....ditto on the taking back stuff. I heard LSD was a bad trader....i cant say by experiance, but word travels. I do have a helluva lot of boots...audio, video, dvd.....and i know how it is to get burned.

rockvanhalen66
07-16-2004, 12:46 AM

Black and Blue

Cabo Wabo

When It's Love

Poundcake

Judegement day

Runaround

Man on a mission

The dream is over

Right Now

Top of the World

Can't stop lovin you

Now shut up and get off Hagars ass and show the brother some respect, God knows he deserves it. And for God's sake show Eddie some respect too, without him there would be no Van Halen at all seeing as how he wrote all the music. the two erasare are great. dlr had some of the best shit of all time.when sam first came on board i was like what the fuck. then i listen to the music it was not same but not bad. as time went by the music got better. sam is no dlr but he is sam. evh will always be number one. all bull shit aside evh has a gift from god. there only can be one.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-16-2004, 12:49 AM
sammy sux, dave rules, bottom line. any real person at rotharmy will not sway.

Bill Lumbergh
07-16-2004, 01:13 AM

Hagar came along after the original lineup built the band to a level where their last album went on to sell 10 million. making the band great and nothing decent to offer in his own right, and the downward trend of album sales which started long before grunge killed off hair metal/faux hard rock/pop metal lite (a category which Van Hagar neatly fits into) only confirms this. Plus, the tubby, one vocal key lame ass with lyrics by Hallmark showed no respect to what came before him.

Fuck Van Hagar.

My thoughts exactly bro. Hagar brought absolutely nothing to the table, and in turn Ed got lazy and stopped creating. And to answer the thread starters comment about us not being real VH fans.........first of all who led the band for it's first 11 years?! Who pushed Ed to those great heights? And tell me what on those horrific post Dave albums is worthy of our undying worship to the Mighty Edward?!

Bill Lumbergh
07-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
the two erasare are great. dlr had some of the best shit of all time.when sam first came on board i was like what the fuck. then i listen to the music it was not same but not bad. as time went by the music got better. sam is no dlr but he is sam. evh will always be number one. all bull shit aside evh has a gift from god. there only can be one.

But did Ed's playing really knock you out on those post Dave albums? Serious question.

rockvanhalen66
07-16-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
But did Ed's playing really knock you out on those post Dave albums? Serious question. dude to be honest with you i like all evh guitar playing. it differs from what he has done in the past but he can still put it together. my favorite album with guitar work would be fair warning great shit. but you can not keep doing the same thing......

Rikk
07-17-2004, 02:47 AM
It's all good.....yer alright yourself....ditto on the taking back stuff. I heard LSD was a bad trader....i cant say by experiance, but word travels. I do have a helluva lot of boots...audio, video, dvd.....and i know how it is to get burned.

Oh I hear ya, my friend. It's easy to get burned. That's one great thing about this fantastic machine called the internet. I just downloaded a VH show from S. America '83 and put it on DVD. When I got my VHS copy of that, I waited for months and spent a fortune.

Props out to Lou, one of the coolest SOBs on this site. Lou is the man!

EddieFan, what are some of your favorite Eddie guitar parts Dave-period...and also non-Dave-period? And (although I don't like the vocals and the final songs), do you agree with me concerning Ed's guitar work on the "3" album? And what parts?

kwf
07-17-2004, 07:05 AM
TO THE SHEEP PEN WITH YA YOU FUCKING FREAK. YOU ARE A COMPLETE FUCKING MORON MR. 2 POSTS. I'M CALLING OUT THE PENGUINS EARLY FOR YOU FUCKER!!! YOU ARE ONE FUCKED UP DUDE!! THAT IS THE WORST POST EVER!!! YOU MAKE LSD LOOK LIKE A FUCKING GENIOUS!!! TO THE PEN FUCKER!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I think what he means is that you could take the few half way decent van hagar songs and make an ok compilation(if you are into that kind of thing...not that there is anything wrong with that). Otherwise, Diamond Dave the whole way....

Panamark
07-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Can you RothArmy dudes actually say that there were no good songs with Hagar?

Yes

bobthedog
07-17-2004, 08:48 AM

WHAT DO YOU THINK WE THINK, DUMBASS !!!!!!! VAN HAGAR SUCKS AND SAMMY AND IS LYING MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE. SAYING THEY SOULD ME ALBUMS THAN HALEN WITH ROTH. HE DON'T HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. THE ONLY PERSON WHO THINKS THE NEW VAN HAGAR TUNES ARE GREAT, IS SPAMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobthedog
07-17-2004, 09:02 AM

YOU ARE TOO EASY TO PLEASE, OBVIOUSLY. I BET YOU THINK THE MUSIC BY HANSON, N'SYNC, BACKBUM BOYS ARE GREAT TOO.

LET ME ACTUALLY ANALYZE HOW I FEEL ABOUT VAN HAGAR: LET'S SEE HERE,

5150 SUCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OU812 SUCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER THIS I KNEW THEY WERE ONLY BOUND FOR SUCKDOM. MORE SHIT FROM THEM.

THE FUCK ALBUM SUCKED. WHAT A JOKE THAT SONG POUNDCAKE, ESPECIALLY THE LYRICS !!!!!!!!!!!!! HOME-GROWN, DOWN-HOME !!!!!!!!!!! I JUST LOVE MY BABY'S POUNDCAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE LYRICS ARE DUMB ENOUGH AS IS HAVING TO LISTEN TO SPAMMY'S SHITTY VOICE. WHAT IS A VOCAL RANGE WHEN YOU CAN'T SING WORTH A SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YES, EDDIE THE KEYBOARD PLAYER. LOL. WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW, EDDIE STILL CAN'T PLAY KEYBOARDS. RIGHT NOW, LINUS FROM CHARLIE BROWN IS PLAYING BETTER THAN HIM.

TOP OF THE WORLD WAS A STUPID SONG TOO !!!!!!! LIKE THEY WERE TRYING TO RE-CREATE DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY AGAIN. TRYING TO GET SPAMMY TO SING A ROTH SONG BUT CHANGING IT A LITTLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT WAS AFTER THAT ????? OH YEAH THAT ONE SUCKED TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVEN'T REALLY HEARD THE NEW ONES, EXCEPT FOR UP FOR BREAKFAST THAT SUCKED !!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY HAGAR SONG THAT HAD A GLIMMER OF HOPE WAS MAYBE HUMAN BEINGS FOR ME !!!!!!!!!! BUT ITS STILL A STUPID SONG.

THE STATISTICS ?????? 1 SEMI-OK VAN HAGAR SONG OUT OF 40 OR 50 MEANS THEY SUCK BIG GREEN DONKEY DICKS TONGUE !!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE VAN HAGAR AND ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK WE THINK, DUMBASS !!!!!!! VAN HAGAR SUCKS AND SAMMY AND IS LYING MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE. SAYING THEY SOLD MORE ALBUMS THAN HALEN WITH ROTH. HE DON'T HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. THE ONLY PERSON WHO THINKS THE NEW VAN HAGAR TUNES ARE GREAT, IS SPAMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black and Blue

Cabo Wabo

When It's Love

Poundcake

Judegement day

Runaround

Man on a mission

The dream is over

Right Now

Top of the World

Can't stop lovin you

TongueNGroove
07-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Bob, get the no-caffeine cappuccino next time. You are WAY TOO EXCITED!!!!!!

Hmmm, seems there are quite a few belligerent (Probably old drunk guys) around here...........My type of crowd!:D

BARE BONE
07-17-2004, 11:58 PM

Matt White
07-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Mikey thinks to himself, "How did these bag people get onstage!?!" and "Why didn't I leave with DIAMOND DAVE when I had the chance to lose these sorry Fuckers!?!":donkey:

Coyote
07-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Bob, get the no-caffeine cappuccino next time. You are WAY TOO EXCITED!!!!!!

Hmmm, seems there are quite a few belligerent (Probably old drunk guys) around here...........My type of crowd!:D

:eek: I DON'T wanna know...

secrets
07-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Picked up "Balance" on tape today for next to nothing in a car boot sale. Hadn't heard it in about 10 years, so thought I'd put it to the test. This album really sucks. Van Hagar have only at best mediocre songs.

turboblues
07-18-2004, 02:29 PM
After 1984 those guys should have given that band another name, so that we all still have pleasant memories when we hear it.
And oh yes, there were a few "good"(not great) tunes on the Hagar era albums. Too bad that voice spoiled every one of it!!

turboblues
07-18-2004, 02:35 PM
And Mike doesn't think. The brothers think for him!

bastardog
07-21-2004, 03:25 PM
In my opinion, there are some good songs in 5150 and then in For Unsawful Carnal Knowledge but mos of them are forgettable songs. Just songs of that time.....not songs that can pass the time and you still say "Hey, this song still sounds fucking good".
Can you imagine yourself singing "I want the best of both worlds...".....come the person near you will run away from you thinking you are bisexual or something like this. And why?...simply because the song was good just for the time it was made so now nobody knows about it.
But you can still be "Running with the Devil..." and be cool or singing inclusive "Pretty Woman"
Can you do something like this with a Sammy 'Bullshit' Haggar song?

With or without Van Halen, Dave makes better songs that Fag Haggar

Roth kills Sam
07-21-2004, 03:30 PM
"How Many Say I" is probably the best song ever written

Hollywood Jesus
07-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Honestly, I can't remember all the songs TnG mentions and I own them all.

Therein lies the problem with Van Hagar songs. They're a lot like Chinese food. Good stuff, but I'm hungry again an hour later.

Summer Nights, Good Enough, Finish What You Started, Poundcake, Humans Being... Yeah, there's a handful of songs I like.

Much the same way I like hugging my grandma, but love of gettin' busy with my old lady. It's all perspective.

Rikk
07-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
"How Many Say I" is probably the best song ever written

Yeah, it sure is good. I'm so fond of it, it makes me so happy.

JCOOK
07-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Its got what it takes,so tell me why cant' this be love?

FUCKING AWSOME ROY FUCKING AWSOME!

classicdude
07-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by bobthedog
YOU ARE TOO EASY TO PLEASE, OBVIOUSLY. I BET YOU THINK THE MUSIC BY HANSON, N'SYNC, BACKBUM BOYS ARE GREAT TOO.

LET ME ACTUALLY ANALYZE HOW I FEEL ABOUT VAN HAGAR: LET'S SEE HERE,

5150 SUCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OU812 SUCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER THIS I KNEW THEY WERE ONLY BOUND FOR SUCKDOM. MORE SHIT FROM THEM.

THE FUCK ALBUM SUCKED. WHAT A JOKE THAT SONG POUNDCAKE, ESPECIALLY THE LYRICS !!!!!!!!!!!!! HOME-GROWN, DOWN-HOME !!!!!!!!!!! I JUST LOVE MY BABY'S POUNDCAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE LYRICS ARE DUMB ENOUGH AS IS HAVING TO LISTEN TO SPAMMY'S SHITTY VOICE. WHAT IS A VOCAL RANGE WHEN YOU CAN'T SING WORTH A SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YES, EDDIE THE KEYBOARD PLAYER. LOL. WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW, EDDIE STILL CAN'T PLAY KEYBOARDS. RIGHT NOW, LINUS FROM CHARLIE BROWN IS PLAYING BETTER THAN HIM.

TOP OF THE WORLD WAS A STUPID SONG TOO !!!!!!! LIKE THEY WERE TRYING TO RE-CREATE DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY AGAIN. TRYING TO GET SPAMMY TO SING A ROTH SONG BUT CHANGING IT A LITTLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT WAS AFTER THAT ????? OH YEAH THAT ONE SUCKED TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVEN'T REALLY HEARD THE NEW ONES, EXCEPT FOR UP FOR BREAKFAST THAT SUCKED !!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY HAGAR SONG THAT HAD A GLIMMER OF HOPE WAS MAYBE HUMAN BEINGS FOR ME !!!!!!!!!! BUT ITS STILL A STUPID SONG.

THE STATISTICS ?????? 1 SEMI-OK VAN HAGAR SONG OUT OF 40 OR 50 MEANS THEY SUCK BIG GREEN DONKEY DICKS TONGUE !!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE VAN HAGAR AND ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK WE THINK, DUMBASS !!!!!!! VAN HAGAR SUCKS AND SAMMY AND IS LYING MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE. SAYING THEY SOLD MORE ALBUMS THAN HALEN WITH ROTH. HE DON'T HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. THE ONLY PERSON WHO THINKS THE NEW VAN HAGAR TUNES ARE GREAT, IS SPAMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the sentiment and agree with you that Van Hagar does not compare to the original Van Halen. Just want to clear up one little detail in your post - it was Schroeder that played the piano in the Peanuts cartoon; Linus was the one dragging around that ratty blanket all over the place. (Okay, for any real nit-pickers, yes it was the late Vince Guaraldi on the piano)

5150 was a novelty, what followed was more uninspired commercial pop.

Warham
07-21-2004, 05:30 PM
He was immediately discredited when he thinks CSLY is a good tune.

guwapo_rocker
07-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by classicdude
Linus was the one dragging around that ratty blanket all over the place......

And Eddie's the one dragging that brown bag with the cheap

plonk in it all over the place.:D

Tatoo
07-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Look I've never posted before, but i've been trolling here a loooonnng time. And this has to be one of the stupidest questions ever asked her. No there is No good Van Hagar tunes, and whoever asked this, yes there was a van Hagar cover, they recorded, apolitical blues, and you might as well count the Who tune on their useless live album. Van Halen broke up in 1985, god I wish they would've changed the F'n name of the band, so the Spammy fans could quit bitchen. They are complety different bands, Van Halen, rule, kick ass, and changed the whole music scene, If'n you was round for em, they were almost scary, they made ya want to grow your hair long, shine up your primer grey Nova, grab a lil hottie, in a mini skirt, go to 7-11 and steal a case of beer. Van Hagar were just gay, they sounded like Foreigner, awful. Look at how they changed, they had them poodle bob haircuts, them big baggy pants, I really dated alot of chicks that wore them, what were they thinking. Their whole look was soft just like the music. Van Hagar was a Jock band, Ya listen to it while you snap your teamate in the naked ass with your towel. Just sad. Listen to EEAS, ALAE, and tell me where the Van Halen sound went, It left with Dave. Sorry, there is no agruement. Dave is Van Halen, Spammy is shit, end of story. Which tune sounds cooler- At night I walk these stinkin streets pass the crazies on my block, and I hear the same old faces and I hear that same old talk-, Or- how do you know when its love, well its something that'll last forever- I can almost picture that slogan on a fat chicks shirt with a picture of a Unicorn above it, in pink mettalic print. SO GAY

ELVIS
07-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Nice work Tatoo...

Now answer me this...

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ???

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=134858

:elvis:

ELVIS
07-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Edward looks like Allen Collins. The junkie guitarist from Lynyrd Skynyrd...

Deadward Van Hagar

Tatoo
07-21-2004, 09:41 PM
answer me this

looks like that game we played when we were kids, light a bag of crap on fire, then ring the doorbell

Tatoo
07-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Now answer me this...

:elvis: [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know where to start, i gotta ask the Spam fans, what is on Fatty's head? Is Spam street now? Is he a Thug? Is he in P-Diddy's Posse? What look is he goin for here, sandles, Don Ho's shirt, and Snoop's headgear.
Does anybody think this guys cool, do lil wanna be rockstars wanna grow up and be him, what a joke, wanna hear some more jokes, just read the lyrics to any Haggar song ever written. Now that Spammy's back, ya think VH can do, another soundtrack, how bout for kevin Bacons, Footloose 2. God Sam BLOWS.

turboblues
07-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I used to be proud to be a VAN HALEN fan, now I am ashamed to speak out those words. If we could just erase those non-Dave years!
Ah, memories!

throatrocket
07-26-2004, 08:43 AM
its all dave. game fucking over. it wouldnt matter if they cloned elvis from the 50's. if you want to talk van halen, if you want to ponder what rock n roll is in its most brutal, uncut, in yo face, damn that shit is good my eyes are burning form........well yeah, it doesnt fucking matter who they offer up. van halen hasnt made an album in 19 years. but the mush that whats his name started this thread with 'sucks'. id rather have a burnt out dave......id rather have a balding, somewhat bizzare, dirty old pervert like the wierd uncle you dont talk about dave, than sa.. i cant evan use dick boys name. anyway you are a fag!

guwapo_rocker
07-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by secrets
Picked up "Balance" on tape today for next to nothing in a car boot sale. Hadn't heard it in about 10 years, so thought I'd put it to the test. This album really sucks. Van Hagar have only at best mediocre songs.

Hey I was born in Purley.:D

Warham
07-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Tatoo
Now answer me this...

:elvis:

Is that Jimmy Buffett between Ed and the bass player?

lafours
07-26-2004, 09:46 AM
The Sammy era should be compared to Bon Jovi, Journey or Air Supply...you can't really compare the Dave era to the Sammy era...2 completely different attitudes and approaches... The Van Hagar years became the era where VH went from leaders to followers...Even though DLR's solo career can be hit an miss ...the guy obviously does exactley what he wants and seems oblivious to trends...And Eat 'Em And Smile can be directly compared to classic VH better than any Hagar offering.

I myself really don't care for bad lyrics , sappy love songs, or Sammy's voice so I don't give Van Hagar alot of my time.

ransonjames
06-23-2005, 07:32 PM
all i keep thinking with hagar is how much better the songs would be with roth's interpretation. alot of them have great guitar work (and i am a big fan of eddie - sort of liking sugary sweets...you know you shouldn't) and roth would probably make one of van halens better songs if he'd worked lyrics for man on a mission and poundcake.it makes me shiver to think what hagar would have written for ain't talkin bout love or unchained... surely something like "i am most certainly talkin' bout love baybeeeee" or "unchain these chains that chain our love to the chain holder" but what the fuck is this guy thinking about "when its love" being a good song. i'd rather run a thousand miles with a dildo up my arse than hear that song. one thing is though... what the hell sort of song would roth written for can't stop loving you?? can't really invisage it!! i like it but could imagine eddie lumping it off to cher!!!

Unchainme
06-23-2005, 08:13 PM
DLR-ERA Van Halen and DLR solo career own hagars solo and Van Halen career. Now with that being said is Van Hagar that bad? No i mean if, I think its more of the fact the band went from being America's Hardest rocking band, to being a Journey clone. The have a few half decent songs. I like Poundcake and Right Now, and Dreams and Top Of The World have pretty intresting videos, But its not Van Halen and it will never be Van Halen for me.

Panamark
06-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Yes, I can honestly say I didnt enjoy a single Van Hagar song.
But I dont like any of those Chicago/REO Speedwagon/Later Def Lep
type cheezy love ballad bands..
Plus Sammy has one of those really annoying voices. If they could
remove his voice from the mix I could force myself to listen.

LookN4AMootBeat
06-23-2005, 11:27 PM
I liked van hagar in the beginning, but I always preferred the classic "underground" feel of the less popular songs from the Dave era albums as well as the hits, and in time the few van-hagar songs I liked faded like so much dust in the wind, a waste of my time..........yet......every single song from the Diamond Days of Dave stick in my mind like a lost herd of buffalo roaming the plains.......free to graze and leave their trademark trail of beaten brush and flattened fields sounding like a thundering freight train that can never be stopped by man nor beast...

The commercial "beach boys" approach that Hagar provided could never make such a lasting impression......you'll discover this in time my young grasshopper.......if you loved classic van halen for what it truly was, you will indeed discover this in time.

As far as Eddie goes......ya, there would've been no Van Halen without him.......but the same can be said of Dave as well. Without Dave, Van Halen would never have been. It would've been Eddie, Alex, and two more jokers.......just like it became lol. Eddie was great before he wigged out on us and became a freaked-out nut-job. Don't blame the Army for shoving the truth down your throat. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

In answer to the question, no, I do not like one single van hagar song at all. I think they are all non-artistic formula-driven water-colored shallow attempts at living up to what was once a legendary rock band.
Van Hagar is not even in the same league as Roth-era Van Halen. Van Hagar is not fit to shine Roth-Halen's shoes.

HELLVIS
06-23-2005, 11:47 PM
The best thing I ever heard come from a SamHalen album was what I heard when , while drunk off my ass one night, I tried to play a friend's 5150 cd on her turntable. OOPS!!!

HELLVIS
06-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Friends, don't let friends listen to SamHalen.

DrMaddVibe
06-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I can say that everything since "1984" and the 2 tracks on their "best of" are complete and utter shit!

If I want to hear keyboards, I'll listen to Yanni or John Tesh,

If I want to hear a crappy lead singer then I'd listen to Mushroomhead or Mudvayne!

Without Roth...Van Hagar/Gay Halen is shit. You've bought into a lie and now with this post you want to suck in more sheep!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MUTHAFUCKAS!

zeronumber
06-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Wow, so much hate, the penner's are out in full effect for this one...
Anyway, the dude deserves at least one on topic post(aside from the rethoric, and senseless bashing), so I'm going to post an actuall oppinon on this one.

See, that's the thing bro, These guys are hardcore DLR fans(hence the website name "Roth army") It's going to be natural to hear flamming come out of thier mouths because let's face it, you're talking about a man(Hagar) who took their man (Roth)'s job. For them to say something good about Sammy, is like a conseravitive praising illegal immagration...It's just not going to happen.

But I get what your saying at...a true vh fan likes all their work...but in their eyes, liking whatever vh puts out without Roth makes you a sheep so...you know where the bashing is coming from.

Personally, I don't got anything against Sammy, but there are time where I do think Eddie is a dick. Is he a great guitar player? Yes...But in his personal life, he's an asshole, he treats people like shit, he's an ego maniac, and he's a drunk. He's single handely responsible for the cvh split up back in 1985, 1996, and 2001. As well as the Hagar breakup of 1996 and 2004.

Well the problem is that 80% of the members here, never heard any Hagar work prior than the few singles on 5150, thus their oppinon on the matter has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I for one am a 2nd generation sheep, Seeing as though my father was a huge van halen fan, even after sammy went into the line up, and to tell you the truth, I like them both. I like the CvH lineup better, because personally, that was van halen when they were van halen, with insane guitars, catchy chorus, and screams of fun.

Though I respect Hagar's side of van halen too, because, in all honestly, there are alot of songs that kick ass...and sometimes feel that Van hagar was the more mature form of van halen. DlR is awesome, but the fact that he really didn't drastically change his musical style since leaving vh cost him, when ALAE did medicore during the grunge era, while Van Hagar, still reached fans.

You know, I remember stating something of that nature before hand, and alot of members were trying to justify the serious amounts of covers, because supposedly, "cvh made it their own", whick is really crap, cause quite frankly, they played it in the same feel and roughly the same tonality as the originals.

IMO, I hate covers, because it's not a reflection of talent...but at the same time, a lot of the Hagar albulms have filler songs, and well...a cover can at least go a little better than a filler sometimes...

Even still, if you add up all the orignal works by both parties, they're roughly the same amount.

Black and Blue

Cabo Wabo

When It's Love

Poundcake

Judegement day

Runaround

Man on a mission

The dream is over

Right Now

Top of the World

Can't stop lovin you

Right on, but I would have also added

-Amsterdam
-Deja Vu(Take me back)
and
-Humans being

That's actually with Cherone, not Hagar.

He didn't write all the music. Technically a lot of the melodies for the song were developed by roth, and lot of the music in the van hagar era was written by Sammy.

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 12:24 PM
the only hagar album worth listening to is 5150....but that is only because it came off the success of 1984....i have said it before and i will say it again...hagar has one of the most fucking anoying voices i have ever heard...it's his voice that gets on my nerves not so much the music....i don't kno how anyone can think that winey,capri wearing moron has a better voice then Dave....but then again what do you expect from a hagar fan...if you can get past the singer some of the songs would be ok.:rolleyes:

Rebel
06-24-2005, 12:38 PM
damn thread is like a turd that won't flush

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Rebel
damn thread is like a turd that won't flush LOL:D

Bill Lumbergh
06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
the only hagar album worth listening to is 5150....but that is only because it came off the success of 1984....i have said it before and i will say it again...hagar has one of the most fucking anoying voices i have ever heard...it's his voice that gets on my nerves not so much the music....i don't kno how anyone can think that winey,capri wearing moron has a better voice then Dave....but then again what do you expect from a hagar fan...if you can get past the singer some of the songs would be ok.:rolleyes:

Stab yourself in the chest RIGHT NOW............thanks-The Sheep Pen staff(and that fag, Rikk)

xian_stunder
06-24-2005, 01:24 PM
My Deepest Sincerest Apologies for the abuse you have heaped on yourself dear Lady for posting here in Shark infested waters but ill give you an Honast rundown.I understood the Beatles fans when the Fab four broke up,but was very optimistic that the music would continue mabie even fly with the Van Halen brothers.I am ashamed today that I was so Naive.
Back in The day,McCartney delivered us some great tunes with Wings.George Harrison and Ringo followed suit.Tragicly John Lennon was cut down before he could fully realise the potential he was going in with Double Fantasy in 1980.These guys were true artists.
As a rabid Classic VH fan I was appalled at the direction the trio took.Dave Delivered the exact same atitude that was Van Halen up until 1985.He still does.First tune I ever heard from Van Hagar on MTV was "C'mon baby....Finish what Ya started" and I wanted to barf.How can you call this an original?? Those guitar licks were a ripoff of Clapton.If the song wasnt so weepy and pleading and such a 180 from the PARTY PARTY PARTY atitude from what we Classic VH fans expected from Ed and Al, it would have been considered a slick tribute from Ed to his Idol (Which Clapton Was)
I have never been able to stomach a single Van Hagar song all the way through,beasue its such a tragedy that with all that talent,Ed and Als direction was akin to abuseing us fans for worshipping his art.Every single song they put out POST Roth era was a delberate rub to every serious fan that was invited to party with the guys.As if they were saying in the studio "Wait! This rocks too much!! Lets get back to music that'll make Valerie happy!"
Dave Kept delivering and continues to do so.Its more than the music,its the atitude,the loyalty the love and welcome to my world atitude he has for the fans.In short you had to have been there and raised with it then shattered.Ed is dying and when he is gone he wont even be considered a legend.He will go the way Aerosmith was headed till they cleaned up thier act,remembered for a talent wasted,a footnote.Hagar is an accessory to murder,an aging blob of shit who made music for the dollar signs.

Matt White
06-24-2005, 01:27 PM
"Can you RothArmy dudes actually say that there were no good songs with Hagar?"

YES

THERE ARE NO GOOD HAGAR SONGS.........EVER.

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by HELLVIS
Friends, don't let friends listen to SamHalen. LOL:D

W*NK*R
06-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Hagar sucks! That's that!

The only reason I own a Van Hagar C.d. is because some guy copied the wrong album.

Hagar_rules!
06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by bru87tr
DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!!! Dude you are fucked up, and i agree with the guy who posted this thread!

It cracks me up even more that u make fun of eddie...you are a fucking retard...not a vh fan just a fucked up dlr fan!

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Hagar_rules!
Dude you are fucked up, and i agree with the guy who posted this thread!

It cracks me up even more that u make fun of eddie...you are a fucking retard...not a vh fan just a fucked up dlr fan!

FUCK OFF!!:mad:

light 'em up!
06-24-2005, 04:36 PM

And for God's sake show Eddie some respect too, without him there would be no Van Halen at all seeing as how he wrote all the music.

You're obviously retarded. There are NO good VH songs with Sammy. If you think so, you have wooden ears. Ed did NOT write all of the music. In fact asshole, if you listen to Spam Hagar and CVH side-by-side, it will become crystal clear that DAVE was doing most of the writing and arranging in the early days. All Ed was doing was showing off on the guitar.

LookN4AMootBeat
06-24-2005, 06:27 PM
It baffles me to no end that people actually consider "Black and Blue" to be one of their best songs. The only reason they released it as the first single off "0u812" was because it was the WORST song on the album and they knew it, so, understanding the PR machine that the music industry was becoming at the time......THEY SHOVED IT DOWN YOUR THROATS WITH UNENDING RADIO AIRPLAY UNTIL YOU ACCEPTED IT LIKE A HEARD OF MINDLESS SHEEP.........LIKE MOTHS TO A FLAME.......and the touchy-feely people who wanted Van Halen to join the "Pop" music world reeled with excitement......never realizing that they had been insidiously brainwashed. And you all "felt Eddie's pain" as he tried sooo hard to re-make his wonderful band into that pretty image.

This was when I knew the music industry wasn't for me. If morons can have hit albums just by shoving crap down everyone's throats then I wanted no part of it.
When Dave left, they stopped being Van Halen and just coasted.

Am I angry? You bet I am. My guitar hero got soft and let me down by pandering to the populace while at the same time denying the other half of what made the REAL Van Halen great. My whole musical influence.......my "idol" if you will.......went commercial. And, for more than twenty years he's sat in a puddle of his own filth.

Yes, I'm angry at Eddie, and I'll fucken bad-mouth him until fucken hell freezes over because he's never gonna change, and if I could smack some sense into him I WOULD.

Can you say that for your musical hero the samster? DO YOU CARE AS MUCH ABOUT YOUR HERO AS I DO?

Please, someone dump this turkey before i really get upset.

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 06:30 PM
this thread belongs in the dump just like the idiot who started it...
fuckin' hagar fans:rolleyes:

zeronumber
06-24-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't think this thread should be deleted, I think it asks a valid question...

The only thing obvious is that some are posting out of an ignorant bias, instead of an actual oppinon from hearing the two.

Hell, this thread is 4 pages, yet there is only 2 posts here...those on topic, and those just jumping on the bashing bandwagon to boast thier ratings and post counts.

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber
I don't think this thread should be deleted, I think it asks a valid question...

The only thing obvious is that some are posting out of an ignorant bias, instead of an actual oppinon from hearing the two.

Hell, this thread is 4 pages, yet there is only 2 posts here...those on topic, and those just jumping on the bashing bandwagon to boast thier ratings and post counts.
we wouldn't bash if you sheep wouldn't ask such stupid questions....:rolleyes:
you kno your place now get back there:D

zeronumber
06-24-2005, 07:24 PM
we wouldn't bash if you sheep wouldn't ask such stupid questions....:rolleyes:
you kno your place now get back there:D

Here's the thing though...It's kind of hard to swallow(tee hee) the fact that some of you honestly will say there is no work of Van hagar worth listening to, mostly just going on 5150, but then to say that DLR is better, and some even praising an albulm like "Your Dirty Little Mouth".

It's almost a contradiction of logic.

Because personally, I perfer ANY Sammy or Van Hagar albulm over that pile of turd.

If somebody dared to tell me that F.U.C.K. Wasn't as good as ALAE, or Balance wasn't as good as YDLM, I'd say that person was full of shit, and was the biggest dick rider of Dlr of all time.

But that's just me.

rustoffa
06-24-2005, 07:34 PM

But that's just me.

The sign up there logically dictates that this is a biased consortium. Sorry dude, that's the way logic goes.

zeronumber
06-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The sign up there logically dictates that this is a biased consortium. Sorry dude, that's the way logic goes.

Well, it's good to see you can take something out of context for your own benefit for a cheep pawn...really, nice job, haven't seen work like that since ferienheit 911...

Well, to clear it up for you...
i'm saying it's bullshit to say that a Van hagar albulm isn't worth listening to because it lacks in quality,

But then tell me that Everything Dave did was somehow better, because to be honest, there are some VH songs, that out shinned dlr songs.

DLR7884
06-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Why do you all keep responding to this shit?

This thread was fucking dead for nearly a year and it got rehashed.

NO HAGAR SONG IS GOOD COMPARED TO CLASSIC VAN HALEN.

BIG BAD BILL, AND HAPPY TRAILS ARE BETTER THAN ANYTHING HAGAR PUT OUT WITH THE BAND.

DLR7884
That's all.

ALinChainz
06-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Here's the thing.

It's not a viable question at this site.

The door says David Lee Roth and Calssic Van Halen.

Nothing about Van Hagar or Sammy.

Anyone that would come to this site and start threads like this is nothing more than a lonely, attention starved individual. Not a seeker of some grand question he thinks he knows the answer too anyway.

If you think it's bullshit none like a Van Hagar album, good for you. No one here cares. Big deal.

Sammy boards must be real, real lonely, so they come here.

Period.

LookN4AMootBeat
06-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Holy shit you're right dlr 7884! LMFAO! How the fuck did I let myself get roped into a thread that's a year old? ......hmm, a recruit brought it back.....I tripped over a recruit, my bad.

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Here's the thing though...It's kind of hard to swallow(tee hee) the fact that some of you honestly will say there is no work of Van hagar worth listening to, mostly just going on 5150, but then to say that DLR is better, and some even praising an albulm like "Your Dirty Little Mouth".

Because personally, I perfer ANY Sammy or Van Hagar albulm over that pile of turd.

If somebody dared to tell me that F.U.C.K. Wasn't as good as ALAE, or Balance wasn't as good as YDLM, I'd say that person was full of shit, and was the biggest dick rider of Dlr of all time.

But that's just me. i'd rather listen to Daves worst album then sammy hagar at all...like i said his voice is horrable and yes ALAE is better then f.u.c.k by a long shot pal and it's your filthy little mouth not your dirty little mouth...instead of comparing those two albums why don't you compare EEAS to balance...why chose Dave's less popular albums....you hagar fans just can't stand the fact that VH was more popular with Dave than Spammy...get over it the whole world(except for maybe a few hagar fans)want to see a real VH reunion(with Dave) not one with a fat no talent tequila salesmen
Dave Rulz....
sammy droolz.... end of story:D

PumpedUpMidget
06-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Sammy had some good solo hits, but his songs with Van Halen stunk

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Sammy had some good solo hits, but his songs with Van Halen stunk yes i will admit spammy was better solo than he was with VH....but sammy solo or sammy/VH still wasn't better then Dave

PumpedUpMidget
06-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Sammy with or without Van Halen could not even touch David Lee Roth

rustoffa
06-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Well, it's good to see you can take something out of context for your own benefit for a cheep pawn...really, nice job, haven't seen work like that since ferienheit 911...

Dude, I simply pointed out that your disillusionment with so-called "logic-defying" rhetoric around here is logically explained by the call-letters up there.

"ROTH ARMY"

Call me illogical, but that moniker pretty much sums up what to expect.

I could see your point if you were at some fansite with a homo-erotic sign of some atlas dude holding up a flaming globe of disease and pestilence up in the corner, and folks were going "Fuck Fifty One Shitty!"

That would defy logic?

DLR7884
06-24-2005, 09:00 PM
This piece of dog shit thread needs to be moved or closed.

I'm just too lazy to do it right now.

DLR7884
Maybe later.... :)

tjvhou812
06-24-2005, 10:15 PM
does it seem cold in here to you

canadiandlrgirl
06-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
does it seem cold in here to you
yep

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Anything left in that bottle?

SweetSecrets
06-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Who is Bette Midler?

Sarge's Little Helper
06-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Who is Bette Midler?

Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..

SweetSecrets
06-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Can you guys actaully truthfully tell me with an honest heart that there is not one Van Hagar tune that you like?

Well, "Wind Beneath My Wings" did make me cry when I watched Beaches.:D

Chris
06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
No good songs with Van Hagar.....

That more or less sums it up for me.

I think Dave's solo stuff is way better than anything Van Hagar did.

Comparing Van Halen to Van Hagar is like comparing a real Ferrari to one of those Fiero Ferrari clone kit car thingies we had in the 80's. I wonder how many of those clone kit cars are still driving around now as compared to the real Ferraris? Not many I'll venture to guess. Just like you rarely hear Van Hagar on the radio, but you hear Van Halen every couple of hours or so.

What the Dave fans seem to get, that most of the Sam fans don't, is that Van Halen was the mix of four ingredients. And what the four ingredients came together to make. The four ingredients melded to make something bigger than the four members represented individually. When Sam joined the mix just didn't work as well. So the band was really nothing more than the remnants of Van Halen, with Sammy Hagar the solo artist singing and putting bad ballad lyrics to the songs. Lyrics that he thought would sell lots of records to teenie bopper high school girls.

Van Hagar was sorta like a bad ass '69 Chevelle all done up with a V6 under the hood for power. That pretty much sums up the Van Hagar era for me. And the three songs Van Hagar released last year pretty much confirmed what most of us thought, that being, that Van Hagar was nothing more than a riceburner with a big muffler coming out the back. Well sorry, I can honestly tell you I'll take the '69 Chevelle SS with a 454 under the hood any day over a riceburner.

And as much as Eddie might have hated Dave, it's obvious that Dave pushed Ed to greater things than Sam ever did. And Ed could probably use Dave right about now to straighten him out and up.

To me, Sammy is nothing more than one big marketing bullshitter. The same kind of ass you see in a late night infomercials pawning off crap as the greatest thing since sliced bread. The same guy selling shit box used Cars to unsuspecting buyers, passing them off as low mileage originals. He's just a typical sales guy saying whatever it takes to sell whatever he happens to be pawning that day. But, just like most of the chit these types sell, you quickly realize once you get it, it's a useless piece of crap. And hence, by experience, and mostly by getting your fingers burnt a few times you learn to recognize these types of things for what they really are no matter how much marketing someone throws behind them.

Simply put Van Halen was the real deal and Van Hagar was not.

But hey, that's what Van Hagar was all about wasn't it? Attempting to make records that weren't necessarily all that good, but sold a lot. And I guess you could say they were somewhat successful at accomplishing what they set out to do. They sold a lot of records and time has proven the music wasn't all that good. That's why Classic Rock Radio largely ignores Van Hagar.

Unfortunately, I think someone should have told Ed that was the plan. If they had, me thinks he would have booted Hagar before he even thought about attempting to repackage "Cheese Comes Walking In" for the third time. But nobody did tell Eddie Sam's real plan and he wasted away his best years making crap music before he realized it.

Sorry, what was the original question? :D

Tom Vu
06-26-2005, 05:10 AM
TongueNGroove, I raise my hat off to you. You are a man of goods taste and are man enough to admit you like the romantic VH songs.

You are so right with saying all of the entirety of 5150 is good.http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Let us see more good Sammy songs? You leave off:

Mine All Mine

Source of Infection

Sucker in a 3 Piece

Judgement Day

Spanked

Pleasure Dome

In and Out

Seventh Seal

Don't Tell Me

Aftershock

Take Me Back (Deja Vu)

Feeling

There might be some repeats and I may have left some songs off. Hey, no one's perfect. Thumbs ups for having all the guts in this world and making a note the "Feels So good" is a awesome tune. One of my tops 5 favorites too!

From now on we play by VU RULES!

Oh You Ate One Too?!?

canadiandlrgirl
06-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Tom Vu
TongueNGroove, I raise my hat off to you. You are a man of goods taste and are man enough to admit you like the romantic VH songs.

You are so right with saying all of the entirety of 5150 is good.http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Let us see more good Sammy songs? You leave off:

Mine All Mine

Source of Infection

Sucker in a 3 Piece

Judgement Day

Spanked

Pleasure Dome

In and Out

Seventh Seal

Don't Tell Me

Aftershock

Take Me Back (Deja Vu)

Feeling

There might be some repeats and I may have left some songs off. Hey, no one's perfect. Thumbs ups for having all the guts in this world and making a note the "Feels So good" is a awesome tune. One of my tops 5 favorites too!

From now on we play by VU RULES!

Oh You Ate One Too?!?

if i wanted to listen to a romantic Van Halen song i'd listen to little guitars or angel eyes:D

sammysucks65
06-26-2005, 01:49 PM
honestly poundcake but thats it...right now???that song sucks well al of them do except poundcake...

get this kid 500 ccs of cvh stat!

Polk High
06-26-2005, 07:09 PM
I'll admit there are 2-3 good Hagar songs. I actually like his solo career better then his VH songs. He was trying to hard to be like Roth at first then failed miserably started to be too like every ballad band out there failed miserably then I thought his best album was Balance but for some reason nobody liked but me.

Balance was sam's best effort w/ VH and it caused him to be shown the door. I liked some of his more recent solo cds, i've bought a few but haven't listened to them in years. Whereas the roth cd's I listen to much more often and I think are better overall.

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 02:10 PM
i'd rather listen to Daves worst album then sammy hagar at all...like i said his voice is horrable and yes ALAE is better then f.u.c.k by a long shot pal and it's your filthy little mouth not your dirty little mouth...instead of comparing those two albums why don't you compare EEAS to balance...why chose Dave's less popular albums....you hagar fans just can't stand the fact that VH was more popular with Dave than Spammy...get over it the whole world(except for maybe a few hagar fans)want to see a real VH reunion(with Dave) not one with a fat no talent tequila salesmen
Dave Rulz....
sammy droolz.... end of story:D

The reason why I'm not going to compare EEAS to Balance, is because they came out in different times. I feel it's more relevant to compare the two "New van halen vs. Dave solo" . I'm going against the logic that anything Dave did was better than Van hagar, and what better way to do that, then to look at material from the two between '85 - '96.

And ALAE came out the same time as FUCK, and YFLM came out the same time as Balance, thus the comparasion.

If you want to make the comparasion of all the albulms
Yes, EEAS was better than 5150, Sky scraper was a little better than OU182, But face it, FUCK blew ALAE, out of the damn water. And look at YFLM vs. Balance, there isn't one song on YFLM that even matches one of the fillers on balance... Van hagar albulms were progressively getting better, where as Diamond Dave was doing progressively worse.

Van Hagar could at least say they were doing note worthy material from '89 to '95, where as dave can't. Hell, the only two note worthy things Dave has done in the 90's, was the two tracks on the VH Best of, and DLR Band.

And let's face it, even the worse Van hagar albulm, could still contend against some of the CvH albulms such as 5150 and OU182, being better than the likes of Diver down and WACF. And some of the best dave stuff, like "EEAS" could be debated with Balance or such.

I'm just arguing the point before that Van hagar didn't do anything good, or that dave did things that were better everything sam did, for being a falsehood.

Overall...I would say that dave did better stuff in van halen than sam, and in solo work, Dave did some better stuff than Sammy in comparasion of thier solo efforts outside of van halen. Personally, I thought DLR band was better than Marching to Mars and Red Vodoo.
(Though I still think 'Not for Sale' was better than 'Diamond Dave', for the simple fact that Not for sale offered original material...but that's another discussion all together.)

Would I like to see a CVH reunion? Yes, and I'm sure there are millions who would like to see that too.

Matt White
06-27-2005, 02:35 PM
van hagar SUCKED, from start to finish.

No amount of gloss could hide the fact that they were a slightly heavier version of JOURNEY...a band the ORIGINAL VAN HALEN (and their fans) loathed.

canadiandlrgirl
06-27-2005, 02:37 PM
The reason why I'm not going to compare EEAS to Balance, is because they came out in different times. I feel it's more relevant to compare the two "New van halen vs. Dave solo" . I'm going against the logic that anything Dave did was better than Van hagar, and what better way to do that, then to look at material from the two between '85 - '96.

And ALAE came out the same time as FUCK, and YFLM came out the same time as Balance, thus the comparasion.

If you want to make the comparasion of all the albulms
Yes, EEAS was better than 5150, Sky scraper was a little better than OU182, But face it, FUCK blew ALAE, out of the damn water. And look at YFLM vs. Balance, there isn't one song on YFLM that even matches one of the fillers on balance... Van hagar albulms were progressively getting better, where as Diamond Dave was doing progressively worse.

Van Hagar could at least say they were doing note worthy material from '89 to '95, where as dave can't. Hell, the only two note worthy things Dave has done in the 90's, was the two tracks on the VH Best of, and DLR Band.

And let's face it, even the worse Van hagar albulm, could still contend against some of the CvH albulms such as 5150 and OU182, being better than the likes of Diver down and WACF. And some of the best dave stuff, like "EEAS" could be debated with Balance or such.

I'm just arguing the point before that Van hagar didn't do anything good, or that dave did things that were better everything sam did, for being a falsehood.

Overall...I would say that dave did better stuff in van halen than sam, and in solo work, Dave did some better stuff than Sammy in comparasion of thier solo efforts outside of van halen. Personally, I thought DLR band was better than Marching to Mars and Red Vodoo.
(Though I still think 'Not for Sale' was better than 'Diamond Dave', for the simple fact that Not for sale offered original material...but that's another discussion all together.)

Would I like to see a CVH reunion? Yes, and I'm sure there are millions who would like to see that too.

i can see your point about comparing the albums acording to years...
but you are way off saying FUCK was a better album then ALAE...
sure YFLM was a bit of a let down but every band has 1 or 2 albums that don't do that great....YFLM was still a masterpiece compared to that hagar crap:rolleyes:
i can't get get past that anoying voice of Sammy's....the only reason Van Hagar were so big is because of Eddie not sammy....and the only reason Eddie even get's noticed is because of David Lee Roth building that band to it's popularity!
Without Dave's presence in that band there would be no MIGHTY VAN HALEN and then when spammy took the wheel they crashed and their sales prices went down
i will admit Sammy solo was did better than Van Hagar but still overall sammy solo or SH/VH doesn't even compare to Dave period:p

Matt White
06-27-2005, 02:40 PM
"5150 & ou812 better that WACF & Diver DOWN"?!?

Dude, you're really starting to lose it. That's not even a debateable arguement. WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST & DIVER DOWN are superior to any/all van hagar recordings by a fucking wide margin.
You might like van hagar better, but don't think your gonna float that theory here without getting called on it.
5150 & ou812 are two watered-down commercial pieces of dog shite that do not hold up in 2005. ou812 is 90% filler. I'll take the covers on DD over AFU, Cabo, & Feels so Good everyday for the rest of my life. "Source of infection"?!?WTF

WOW! That's pathetic.

Carmine
06-27-2005, 02:45 PM
i can see your point about comparing the albums acording to years...
but you are way off saying FUCK was a better album then ALAE...
sure YFLM was a bit of a let down but every band has 1 or 2 albums that don't do that great....YFLM was still a masterpiece compared to that hagar crap:rolleyes:
i can't get get past that anoying voice of Sammy's....the only reason Van Hagar were so big is because of Eddie not sammy....and the only reason Eddie even get's noticed is because of David Lee Roth building that band to it's popularity!
Without Dave's presence in that band there would be no MIGHTY VAN HALEN and then when spammy took the wheel they crashed and their sales prices went down
i will admit Sammy solo was better than Van Hagar but still overall sammy solo or SH/VH doesn't even compare to Dave period:p

you tell em, honey!!:D

Nickdfresh
06-27-2005, 03:12 PM
F.U.C.K. is a monumental bore fest. And it actually took a year to make that crappy record.

Big Fat Sammy
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Tatoo
Which tune sounds cooler? "At night I walk these stinkin streets pass the crazies on my block, and I hear the same old faces and I hear that same old talk" Or "how do you know when its love, well its something that'll last forever" I can almost picture that slogan on a fat chicks shirt with a picture of a Unicorn above it, in pink mettalic print. SO GAY

That says it ALL right there.

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
"5150 & ou812 better that WACF & Diver DOWN"?!?

Dude, you're really starting to lose it. That's not even a debateable arguement. WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST & DIVER DOWN are superior to any/all van hagar recordings by a fucking wide margin.

Granted, it's all up to interpretation, and personal taste, but that's a load.

WACF, though a good record, might as well have just been called vh3, because it rubbed off more as a continuation fo Van halen 1 and 2, and was sort of a medicore outing when you think of VH 1 and 2, and the later Fair Warning and 1984. And diver down was filled with too many covers...let's face it, the singles on Diver down, were ALL Covers!!!, and that's better than albulms spanning of original material of any entire catalog with Van hagar? that's crap. And wide margin over 5150 and Ou182...come on now...let's not kid ourselfs.

You might like van hagar better, but don't think your gonna float that theory here without getting called on it.
5150 & ou812 are two watered-down commercial pieces of dog shite that do not hold up in 2005. ou812 is 90% filler. I'll take the covers on DD over AFU, Cabo, & Feels so Good everyday for the rest of my life. "Source of infection"?!?WTF

WOW! That's pathetic.

Meh, again, it's all up to taste, but I still stand by argument.
To say that there is nothing by sam touches anything by dave is a dubious statement to say the least, and that's where the whole analogy of YFLM came in, and the point that I was trying to get at in this thread.

To tell me that Sam never did anything good, and then justify daves work like YFLM was something to be proud of, is a bullshit argument.

Big Fat Sammy
06-27-2005, 03:32 PM
YFLM is far superior to any Van Hagar....

YFLM is Dave's best lyrics ever. And the blues voice on Nightlife and Experience are some high points in the DLR career...its mature, its soul, not cheesedick '80s leftover popmetal radiofriendly horseshit geared toward children.

Its not a popular album among fans...I don't know why. Its probably my fav.

Matt White
06-27-2005, 03:34 PM
To retort, as I previously said, the covers on DIVER DOWN are better than anything on 5150 or ou812. Hands down. "Where have all the Good Times Gone"? Better than anything vanhagar every recorded.
Same for "Oh Pretty Woman", which was a top 40 hit for VAN HALEN, their first.
The original material on DIVER DOWN? SECRETS, HANG 'Em HIGH, The FULL BUG, LITTLE GUITARS?!? Again, Spam has NEVER written lyrics that good. Ever, in his entire career. Look up my thread on BLENDERS account of the Ched rockers latest Greatest Hits package. 30+ years and "zero" memorable tunes. You know it's true.
WACF?!? AND THE CRADLE?, FOOLS, TAKE YOUR WHISKEY HOME???
FUCK! "ROMEO DELIGHT" is completely superior to ANY thing van hagar attempted. It's a foolish argument, bordering on asinine.
Even "The INside" on 5150 was a sad attempt to try and have Spam sound like DAVE! Try and find a similar rap or silly song like that ANYWHERE on spam solo material before he joined the sisters! It can't be done.
WACF & DIVER DOWN are classics. You know it , I know it...and the ROTH ARMY DAMN WELL KNOWS it.
If you're gonna continue to preach this bullshit...expect to get treated accordingly.

Big Fat Sammy
06-27-2005, 03:35 PM
YFLM was also the first to break away from the '80s type production....and VH never broke away from '80s type production w/ Sam.

This could be another reason I like that one alot.

Bill Lumbergh
06-27-2005, 03:38 PM
To retort, as I previously said, the covers on DIVER DOWN are better than anything on 5150 or ou812. Hands down. "Where have all the Good Times Gone"? Better than anything vanhagar every recorded.
The original material on DIVER DOWN? SECRETS, HANG 'Em HIGH, The FULL BUG, LITTLE GUITARS?!? Again, Spam has NEVER written lyrics that good. Ever, in his entire career. Look up my thread on BLENDERS account of the Ched rockers latest Greatest Hits package. 30+ years and "zero" memorable tunes. You know it's true.
FUCK! "ROMEO DELIGHT" is completely superior to ANY thing van hagar attempted. It's a foolish argument, bordering on asinine.
Even "The INside" on 5150 was a sad attempt to try and have Spam sound like DAVE! Try and find a similar rap or silly song like that ANYWHERE on spam solo material before he joined the sisters! It can't be done.
WACF & DIVER DOWN are classics. You know it , I know it...and the ROTH ARMY DAMN WELL KNOWS it.
If you're gonna continue to preach this bullshit...expect to get treated accordingly.

O-W-N-E-D

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 03:43 PM

I already get treated like shit, and you know I enjoy it.
Now, bring on the edited posts, or the gunt chants, or stop making empty promises already.

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 03:44 PM
O-W-N-E-D

I rather have been S-P-A-N-K-E-D!!!

Big Fat Sammy

Thanks Matt...

WACF IS Classic.....not only superior to VHagar - but superior in the whole Hard Rock realm.

The 4 originals on DD are straight badass...even better than the covered classics....well worth buying even if you just want those 4...without listening to the covers.

.........another point to be made...EVH in CVH is far superior to EVH in VHagar. Don't believe me? Watch the US Fest vid.

Bill Lumbergh
I never thought even Van Hagar fans would stoop this low.............Van Hagar albums got BETTER through the years???!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I never thought even Van Hagar fans would stoop this low.............Van Hagar albums got BETTER through the years???!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

It's true though.
They slowly backed off from 5150, and made albulms that were filled with less fillers, and made songs that could contend with cvh material.

Though, one would actually have to listen to the albulms to know that, rather than spewing chants, and not tagging any reasoning towards why.

Bill Lumbergh
06-27-2005, 03:50 PM
So what you're trying to say is "Balance is a masterpiece"? "Can't stop Loving You is hard rock at it's finest" "Amsterdam gets my brown eye a tinglin' every time I hear it"...............WOW.

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 03:54 PM
So what you're trying to say is "Balance is a masterpiece"? "Can't stop Loving You is hard rock at it's finest" "Amsterdam gets my brown eye a tinglin' every time I hear it"...............WOW.

Exactly...

Good to see you got what I was saying, I thought there was a failure to communicate for a second.

Bill Lumbergh
06-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Exactly...

Good to see you got what I was saying, I thought there was a failure to communicate for a second.

Great! Can't wait for you to start the "Winger appreciation thread" later! :)

Matt White
06-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Heard 'em! Hated 'em in the 80's & 90's.

"Less Filler"?!? WTF?!? Spanked isn't filler???
AFU isn't filler?
Like I said 90% of ou812 is filler. And, the lyrics didn't improve! "Amsterdam"?!? Wham bam??? Wow! Sad!
No van hagar is nearly as good as CLASSIC VAN HALEN. NONE. ZIP. ZERO.
And I'm just talkin' 'bout the lyrics. DAVE is so far beyond spam it isn't funny. Don't get me started on how EVH has spun his wheels for 20 years!:D

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 04:01 PM

No problem, though I want to start a Journey apprecation thread first.

Bill Lumbergh
06-27-2005, 04:03 PM
No problem, though I want to start a Journey apprecation thread first.

Start it up. I've been wanting to look at some HOT pics of Steve Perry............."When the Lights GO DOWN in the city" indeed...........

Bill Lumbergh
06-27-2005, 04:05 PM

AFU isn't filler?
Like I said 90% of ou812 is filler. And, the lyrics didn't improve! "Amsterdam"?!? Wham bam??? Wow! Sad!
And I'm just talkin' 'bout the lyrics. DAVE is so far beyond spam it isn't funny. Don't get me started on how EVH has spun his wheels for 20 years!:D

When you have one flat tire, you can't drive. When Dave was in VH he was like 2 and a half tires Ed was one, and Alexis and the Bass Player were a half(combined). Do the math.............

Big Fat Sammy
06-27-2005, 04:06 PM

ROTF :D

Big Fat Sammy
oops triple post, damn

Big Fat Sammy

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 04:07 PM

AFU isn't filler?

Lyrics didn't improve?

What about Take me Back?

lyrics:
I thought I saw you from a distance
I swore i'd found you once again
touched on that feeling for an
instance
could not recall just where or when
oh no
some desert island off morocco
we had a love so hard to find
oh so full of life, so free and easy
another place, another time, oh
take me back
i wanna be there with you
it happened just like that yeah
slip in a dream or two
come on, take me back
oh deja vu
some call it fate, some call it superstition
some call it luck, it's all the same
just one of the mysteries of creation
somethin' you feel but can't explain
oh, take me back
it happened just like that, baby
i've fallin' deep into
oh girl, come on
i want you to take me there
oh, i know, i know, i know, i know.......
come on, take me back, baby
i swear i've been with you
it happened just like that
send me a dream or two
come on take me back
oh, deja vu

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Start it up. I've been wanting to look at some HOT pics of Steve Perry............."When the Lights GO DOWN in the city" indeed...........

And the sun shines on the bay...

Hell yeah!!!

Matt White
06-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Lyrics didn't improve?

What about Take me Back?

lyrics:
I thought I saw you from a distance
I swore i'd found you once again
touched on that feeling for an
instance
could not recall just where or when
oh no
some desert island off morocco
we had a love so hard to find
oh so full of life, so free and easy
another place, another time, oh
take me back
it happened just like that yeah
slip in a dream or two
come on, take me back
oh deja vu
some call it fate, some call it superstition
some call it luck, it's all the same
just one of the mysteries of creation
somethin' you feel but can't explain
oh, take me back
it happened just like that, baby
i've fallin' deep into
oh girl, come on
i want you to take me there
oh, i know, i know, i know, i know.......
come on, take me back, baby
i swear i've been with you
it happened just like that
send me a dream or two
come on take me back
oh, deja vu

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That makes my point CRYSTAL CLEAR: Like a bad Hallmark card.
Chedder lyrics written by a simpleton. If you REALLY dig those lyrics...that says more about YOU than anything you're gonna post here!
You play guitar & love this chesse?!?WTF?!?

Big Fat Sammy
06-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Posting those lyrics...sounds like something only the 3 Ts would do. :D

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 04:28 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That makes my point CRYSTAL CLEAR: Like a bad Hallmark card.
Chedder lyrics written by a simpleton. If you REALLY dig those lyrics...that says more about YOU than anything you're gonna post here!
You play guitar & love this chesse?!?WTF?!?

It's an awesome song to play, so yes.
It has a cool aucostic intro. Not as cool as spanish fly or anything, but still cool, in my oppinoin anyway.

Speaking of guitar, would anybody know where to get this attachment to allow dropped tunnings on a FR bridge? I think it was called a drop tunna or something.

I know this is a question that should be asked in gear street, but since most of the mofo's here(*cough big fat sammy*) are viewing main, maybe somebody could answer it.

Matt White
06-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Are you refering to a DAVID LEE ROTH-TUNA:D

MOst guitar stores should have one!

You'll be able to play UNCHAINED!!!:rockit2:

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Are you refering to a DAVID LEE ROTH-TUNA:D

MOst guitar stores should have one!

You'll be able to play UNCHAINED!!!:rockit2:

I play unchained now on my strat and flanger...I just play in standard tunning.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to get a new guitar...well...actually...I want to get a FR bridge, but I know it's not ging to fit my strat and in all likelyhood, I"m going to have problems, as well as get rid of my pickguard.

So I thought I might as well get a new guitar, and I was thumbing through a Sam ash catalog, and I saw a couple of Ibanez guitars that would be perfect...

Thing is though, I heard that a fR bridge can't be down tunned for the e string and still pull off dive bombs effectively when it is.

And since a lot of the songs I like to play have down tunning(Van hagar, Velvet Revolver, and powerman 5000), I'm going to need it.

Frankly, I never saw what it looks like, I only know from what a friend of mine was telling me about.

Big Fat Sammy
06-27-2005, 04:40 PM
The EVH D Tuna website http://www.dtuna.com/

Or buy it here http://www.zzounds.com/cat--3740

I would imagine you need a "locking nut" to keep it in to though. :D

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Kiler, thanks BFS!!!

Big Fat Sammy
06-27-2005, 04:47 PM
It seems like the whole thing would still go out of tune on a floating trem.

zeronumber
06-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
It seems like the whole thing would still go out of tune on a floating trem.

That's what often happens on my strat though...Espesially when I pop a string trying to bend a b string for all it's worth.

canadiandlrgirl
06-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
you tell em, honey!!:D
thnx baby... i'm just telling how it is
i'm getting sick of explaining it to these morons:rolleyes:

canadiandlrgirl
06-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Granted, it's all up to interpretation, and personal taste, but that's a load.

WACF, though a good record, might as well have just been called vh3, because it rubbed off more as a continuation fo Van halen 1 and 2, and was sort of a medicore outing when you think of VH 1 and 2, and the later Fair Warning and 1984. And diver down was filled with too many covers...let's face it, the singles on Diver down, were ALL Covers!!!, and that's better than albulms spanning of original material of any entire catalog with Van hagar? that's crap. And wide margin over 5150 and Ou182...come on now...let's not kid ourselfs.

how dare you even compare WACF to VH3, they are not even close what kinda drugs have you been smokin'?
And furthermore why are you so down on Dave for doin' a cover...i'm sure the sisters and that bass player had part in the decision to do covers...DD happened to have been a awesome album through and through covers or no covers...it's like Dave turned around and made those songs his own!
And it's not like Spammy never did a cover....as a matter of fact he does a cover everytime he butchers one of the Dave era songs and oh my god does he ever butcher them i cried when i heard him do panama since that is one of my favorite Dave era songs....
i'm so sick and tired of you so called Dave fans bitching about him doin' covers but it's ok for every other fuckin' band to do them....
if you don't like the cover songs don't fuckin' listen to them

Big Fat Sammy
06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
how dare you even compare WACF to VH3, they are not even close what kinda drugs have you been smokin'?
And furthermore why are you so down on Dave for doin' a cover...i'm sure the sisters and that bass player had part in the decision to do covers...DD happened to have been a awesome album through and through covers or no covers...it's like Dave turned around and made those songs his own!
And it's not like Spammy never did a cover....as a matter of fact he does a cover everytime he butchers one of the Dave era songs and oh my god does he ever butcher them i cried when i heard him do panama since that is one of my favorite Dave era songs....
i'm so sick and tired of you so called Dave fans bitching about him doin' covers but it's ok for every other fuckin' band to do them....
if you don't like the cover songs don't fuckin' listen to them

Whats interesting is the same guy that doesn't respect VH doing cover songs, is buying a D-Tuna for his guitar so he can play Van Hagar covers! :D:D :D

canadiandlrgirl
06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Whats interesting is the same guy that doesn't respect VH doing cover songs, is buying a D-Tuna for his guitar so he can play Van Hagar covers! :D:D :D

ok i don't kno anything about guitars....
what is a D-Tuna:confused:

guwapo_rocker
06-28-2005, 11:58 AM
ok i don't kno anything about guitars....
what is a D-Tuna:confused:

It's like a D-Trout....only bigger.

Big Fat Sammy
06-28-2005, 12:13 PM
It's like a D-Trout....only bigger.

:D :D :D LMAO

I love talking to guitar "gear-heads" (exept before/after shows, when I'm too distracted / tired)

Having all the logos on the equipment covered up keeps most of them at bay...but the occaisional drunken gear-head will ask.

....so the "D-Trout" sounds just like something I would say to 'em. :D

But I can only afford a "D-Minnow" for my guitar. :D

...and for my G string, I got me a "Dual Rectifier" :D