PDA

View Full Version : In just a few days, we can truly prove that this was all A MISTAKE!!!

Rikk
07-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Trust me...this album will not sell very well. These fans can go on about how great 7000+ is in this day and age. Fine. We all know it's bullshit.

But nothing will speak better than chart positions and sales numbers. You can't give away a CD and call it a sale...or can you?

This album will NOT hit No. 1 (or probably even close), and it will sell less than VH3 (I think). C'mon...a double-disc greatest hits (their second in eight years), ignoring their recent failure album and concentrating on the same material that the first greatest hits covered? Seriously...people will see through a JUMP, PANAMA, etc. live section with Sammy singing (though I bet you it won't say which singer is on the live tracks...it'll just say LIVE). And three new songs that you NEVER hear on the radio or see on MTV or anything.

There is NO hype behind this shitty product. It's a fucking joke. And this will finally prove our point. Dave could sell 3 million greatest hits albums on the strength of two new songs. This album won't even hit 500,000 with three new Shammy songs.

I can't wait 'til next week, because these are the numbers we'll truly be able to throw back in the cheeseheads faces. And they'll try and cry: "It's just a Greatest Hits." And we'll just have to point out how well the first Greatest Hits sold.

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 01:29 PM
definitly agree with you...i may download the three new tracks once the hit Itunes to check them out, although I assume it will be a full album only deal where youd have to buy the whole thing. Should have just been a best of volume 2 if they were going to go the route of a best of. dont make us buy BOV1 with a handful of more tracks tha werent on the first one

Figs
07-15-2004, 01:38 PM
The album won't sell well, all casual fans got the first "best of" and how many Rhino albums sell very much anyway?

A "reunion" tour of one of the biggest names in rock history after a long hiatus should be selling much better. A couple of the bigger names not doing well on on their second or third year in a row of touring. Metallica is doing fine, after a crappy album - good show by the way, and they do a center stage and sell all seats all the way around the arena.

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 01:45 PM
the metallica fans are nuts and way overly dedicated...itd be like if every vh could agree on something

Figs
07-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
the metallica fans are nuts and way overly dedicated...itd be like if every vh could agree on something

you're probably right

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 02:31 PM
but what fun would that be...we would all have NOTHING to talk about

ZahZoo
07-15-2004, 03:34 PM
I don't know Rikk... next week may be a little early to judge. Appears the whole music industry is in a lull overall. I wouldn't be too quick to cry failure unless there's some comparative info available.

Seriously I don't know of too many "best of's" that tap the charts with the exception of the Beatles anthology which had a ton of unreleased material.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Trust me...this album will not sell very well. These fans can go on about how great 7000+ is in this day and age. Fine. We all know it's bullshit.

But nothing will speak better than chart positions and sales numbers. You can't give away a CD and call it a sale...or can you?

This album will NOT hit No. 1 (or probably even close), and it will sell less than VH3 (I think). C'mon...a double-disc greatest hits (their second in eight years), ignoring their recent failure album and concentrating on the same material that the first greatest hits covered? Seriously...people will see through a JUMP, PANAMA, etc. live section with Sammy singing (though I bet you it won't say which singer is on the live tracks...it'll just say LIVE). And three new songs that you NEVER hear on the radio or see on MTV or anything.

There is NO hype behind this shitty product. It's a fucking joke. And this will finally prove our point. Dave could sell 3 million greatest hits albums on the strength of two new songs. This album won't even hit 500,000 with three new Shammy songs.

I can't wait 'til next week, because these are the numbers we'll truly be able to throw back in the cheeseheads faces. And they'll try and cry: "It's just a Greatest Hits." And we'll just have to point out how well the first Greatest Hits sold.

The new CD cover was leaked out. Just like those Hagarita Fagaritas, I've got inside connections...hahahaha

Rikk
07-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
I don't know Rikk... next week may be a little early to judge. Appears the whole music industry is in a lull overall. I wouldn't be too quick to cry failure unless there's some comparative info available.

Seriously I don't know of too many "best of's" that tap the charts with the exception of the Beatles anthology which had a ton of unreleased material.

Yeah, but some Greatest Hits sets do very well. Also, BEATLES ANTHOLOGY was only unreleased material. It wasn't a GREATEST HITS set at all. Anyway, Greatest Hits sets don't receive the same hype, but they usually are big catalogue sellers. But I guarantee you this one won't have a fraction of the sales the original did. It's a big rip-off, and the first one sold basically on the strength of two new Roth songs. Three horrible Sammy songs that the radio stations are ignoring are not going to sell many records.

Rikk
07-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
The new CD cover was leaked out. Just like those Hagarita Fagaritas, I've got inside connections...hahahaha

LOL!!!!! God, Hagar looks gay (as usual).

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah, but some Greatest Hits sets do very well. Also, BEATLES ANTHOLOGY was only unreleased material. It wasn't a GREATEST HITS set at all. Anyway, Greatest Hits sets don't receive the same hype, but they usually are big catalogue sellers. But I guarantee you this one won't have a fraction of the sales the original did. It's a big rip-off, and the first one sold basically on the strength of two new Roth songs. Three horrible Sammy songs that the radio stations are ignoring are not going to sell many records.

It will sell 6 copies tops!!:donkey: :smilieci:

L.S.D.
07-15-2004, 03:58 PM

so if it tanks, does that mean the dlr era tanks too? Its half his era? Huh rothtards?

This album will not sell because a) who buys cd's anymore? Were in the age of downlaoding and Ipods and buring. B) every vh fan already has it.

You guys are getting retarded on youre moans and groans. Half of hta best of is classic van halen, so if it tanks it will reflect on both eras. But if it doesnt tank, does that mean the classics saved it? what a fucking joke.

Rikk
07-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
so if it tanks, does that mean the dlr era tanks too? Its half his era? Huh rothtards?

This album will not sell because a) who buys cd's anymore? Were in the age of downlaoding and Ipods and buring. B) every vh fan already has it.

You guys are getting retarded on youre moans and groans. Half of hta best of is classic van halen, so if it tanks it will reflect on both eras. But if it doesnt tank, does that mean the classics saved it? what a fucking joke.

God, you're dumb. The point, moron, is that some people would buy a CD because it has new songs with their singer of choice (hence, the excellent sales of BEST OF, VOLUME 1). However, with nobody talking about Van Halen right now (since they're back with the much-less popular singer), and since nobody is playing the new songs, this album will tank because Van Halen is killing their reputation and people just don't care about new music with Hagar.

Once again, you post something ludicrous that accents your own idiocy. You are still, without a doubt, the worst, stupidest and most despicable poster here. You are extremely dumb, arrogant and disgusting. The fact that you see nothing wrong with stealing from people, the fact that you are the most hated poster at this site...just look at yourself.

Who's moaning? I think it's hilarious. I want to see this band fail now. They continuously treat their fans like shit. Why make fans pay for a double-CD set for three new songs that you pulled out of your ass?

And also, idiot, did you just say that "nobody buys CDs anymore"? That's pathetic. Is that how you're going to justify this album's shitty sales? That's really being desparate. Plenty of people buy CDs still, idiot, or nobody would make them. Moron. I buy tons of 'em. And I download too. The new songs...I downloaded. And let's just say that Winamp didn't have to work very hard with these...I hardly ever played these pieces of shit.

Plenty of albums still sell. The new VELVET REVOLVER is selling excellently. Plenty of bad albums sell too. But this atrocity won't sell...and it makes me again laugh at how arrogrant this band is after people have thrown their shit back in their faces so many times now. Eddie is a loser because he had it all and continues to piss on his own parade.

lms
07-15-2004, 04:08 PM

Learn to read. Roth fans already have the material. There is nothing to add to a true Classic VH fans' collection. Classic VH/Roth fans got their best of with the two new Roth songs a long time ago. The sheep will have to put their money where their mouth is on this one for it to be successful. Do they get enough allowance for that? WTF. Besides, as far as being the age of downloading, burning Ipods., etc. Dave knew that along time ago.

Help me out Roth Fans, which Dave song was the first song to be available for downloading via the internet? It was another of Dave's crowning achievements...just cant remember the specifics.

L.S.D.
07-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by lms
Learn to read. Roth fans already have the material. There is nothing to add to a true Classic VH fans' collection. Classic VH/Roth fans got their best of with the two new Roth songs a long time ago. The sheep will have to put their money where their mouth is on this one for it to be successful. Do they get enough allowance for that? WTF. Besides, as far as being the age of downloading, burning Ipods., etc. Dave knew that along time ago.

Help me out Roth Fans, which Dave song was the first song to be available for downloading via the internet? It was another of Dave's crowning achievements...just cant remember the specifics.

and hagar fans dont have all the materail? Everybody I know has been able to download the new songs for months. You can get them on Itunes or any VH fan site. I bet you guys have even heard them.

Back in 1996, downloading and burning and ipods did not exist and youre talking about a one disc vs a double disc. Honestly, how can you guys ay its even close to being the same scenario?

Van Halen with Sammy always sold. It wont now due to the format, the music industry, and the fact that EVERYONE, not only roth fans, everybody has these tunes already.

What a joke.

Rikk
07-15-2004, 04:28 PM
and hagar fans dont have all the materail? Everybody I know has been able to download the new songs for months. You can get them on Itunes or any VH fan site. I bet you guys have even heard them.

Back in 1996, downloading and burning and ipods did not exist and youre talking about a one disc vs a double disc. Honestly, how can you guys ay its even close to being the same scenario?

Van Halen with Sammy always sold. It wont now due to the format, the music industry, and the fact that EVERYONE, not only roth fans, everybody has these tunes already.

What a joke.

The joke is you're already making excuses before the thing is out. How many people download new albums? Tons. How many people then buy it? Again, I'll use the VELVET REVOLVER album. That thing was on the internet for ages before it came out. Then it was released and sold over half-a-million copies its first week.

How do you explain that, my poor stupid enemy?

L.S.D.
07-15-2004, 04:30 PM
The joke is you're already making excuses before the thing is out. How many people download new albums? Tons. How many people then buy it? Again, I'll use the VELVET REVOLVER album. That thing was on the internet for ages before it came out. Then it was released and sold over half-a-million copies its first week.

were enemies? Dude, take some drugs or lay off the drugs, but I dont have enemies especially on the internet.

L.S.D.
07-15-2004, 04:31 PM

oh and how do I explain that? How about its a brand new super group that is releasing a debut album instead of 3 songs on a double disc of material everybody already has,.

Christ.

Rikk
07-15-2004, 04:35 PM
oh and how do I explain that? How about its a brand new super group that is releasing a debut album instead of 3 songs on a double disc of material everybody already has,.

Christ.

LOL! Any other excuses? How many people could have burned the new Roth album in 1996? Tons. How many people could have tapes the two new songs off the radio? Tons. How much airplay was it getting? Tons. How much did the CD sell? Over 3 million.

Any other excuses, or are you "learning to see" yet?

Stupid Van Herpes.

No, I don't consider you a true enemy. But I do think you're a sorry sack of shit as a person because you're a fucking thief and you make pathetic excuses for it. Out of all the idiots I get into flame wars with, you are the only one I actually dislike as a person because I know that even away from that computer you're pretty disgusting.

lms
07-15-2004, 04:35 PM
So are you agreeing that Van Hagar is just trying to screw their fans by selling shit that has been sold again and again and again? and that fans are not going to buy the shit regardless because they are tired of getting screwed by Ed, Al and Mike.

If Dave were involved, he would make sure his fans were getting enough new material out of the deal, they would buy it.

Terry
07-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Doubt it's gonna come close to selling what BOV1 did, which was 2.5 million and going #1 on the album chart in short order.

Look at all the hype surrounding what happened in 1996, and that was with only two new classic lineup songs and a presentation (not even a performance) at an awards show.

Contrast that with the media coverage for the Van Hagar reunion tour. Next to nothing in print, even from magazines that focus on rock.

The new greatest hits smells of product from what isn't even the definitive version of the band's lineup. Won't even break a million. Maybe not even gold. Vegas odds, anyone?

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 05:25 PM
im curious as to what it will sell. there has not been a strong pr push behind it at all minus the commercial and even that isnt really a push, do those count towards soundscan #s, i doubt it. I would think it would enter in the Top 20, but I really have no idea what it will do. Its a crappy deal...should have just been Best Of Volume 2 with the new songs, if thats the way they were going to go with it

Rikk
07-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Doubt it's gonna come close to selling what BOV1 did, which was 2.5 million and going #1 on the album chart in short order.

Look at all the hype surrounding what happened in 1996, and that was with only two new classic lineup songs and a presentation (not even a performance) at an awards show.

Contrast that with the media coverage for the Van Hagar reunion tour. Next to nothing in print, even from magazines that focus on rock.

The new greatest hits smells of product from what isn't even the definitive version of the band's lineup. Won't even break a million. Maybe not even gold. Vegas odds, anyone?

Not even gold...at least not for years, if ever. That's my bet.

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Not even gold...at least not for years, if ever. That's my bet.

come on, it has to go gold by the end of the year right. i'll go $20 with you Rikk...small stakes I know but who cares, im just a poor after college kid. I dont think it will sell well but I would think it would be gold by the end of the year

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Take the bet bro.

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 05:41 PM
or i will donate the $20 here and if it does go gold you donate the $20 to a site of my choice...that way everyone wins

Rikk
07-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
or i will donate the $20 here and if it does go gold you donate the $20 to a site of my choice...that way everyone wins

$20 donation deal!! I'll donate $20 if it goes gold by the end of the year. And you do the same if it doesn't. PM me for future confirmation (and to remind me). Can Guwapo be in on this?

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 05:47 PM
$20 donation deal!! I'll donate $20 if it goes gold by the end of the year. And you do the same if it doesn't. PM me for future confirmation (and to remind me). Can Guwapo be in on this?

I'll hold the cash.:D

moose
07-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
I'll hold the cash.:D

Don't forget I drink MGD!!

guwapo_rocker
07-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by moose
Don't forget I drink MGD!!

Waitress...a Miller Gen and a large Canadian...and keep 'em coming!!:D

moose
07-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Waitress...a Miller Gen and a large Canadian...and keep 'em coming!!:D

Meet ya at the House of Lancaster(Queensway local) in 20.

EmpyreLounge44
07-15-2004, 10:25 PM
sounds like a plan to me...sucks since i wasnt planning on buying it, just downloading the new tracks but i will buy it now :)

tjvhou812
07-15-2004, 10:46 PM
its going platnium

Matt White
07-15-2004, 11:18 PM
I don't think it will go Platinum any time soon. Too many people bought BOVI, and the rest of us fanatics already have all the tunes we want. Warners must have forced this upon the band because two greatest hits in so fews years seems incredibly stupid even for a band that has made its name in recent years in always doing the wrong thing!

rockvanhalen66
07-16-2004, 02:50 AM
this album will sell much more then three .

Panamark
07-16-2004, 06:25 AM

Dude, you are too easy ...

Yes there are both eras on this release. People wont be buying it for the content they already own. It will be for the three new songs.
Lets see how well the three new Van Hagar songs sell...

ZahZoo
07-16-2004, 10:10 AM

Upon further thought the Beatles comparison was a poor choice... 1. VH in any era was never that big & 2. Anthology was mostly unreleased stuff with a lot of old gems that other than the most die-hard collector had never heard.

Hard to say if this thing bombs or not... doubtful it'll ride any wave from the 3 new tunes, but there's about 45% DLR material on it and for the younger generation that may be the tickler to pump up more sales of the Classic 6... I have to remind myself that those of us posting on the net are a minority in the overall fan base world-wide.

moose
08-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
this album will sell much more then three .

Don't think so!

Matt White
08-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by moose
Don't think so!

Gotta agree with that Moose!!!! What a fucking joke! After all those years of platinum recordings, now 2 that struggle to make GOLD!!!:lol:
Those guys have NO regard for their own legacy. So,....FUCK YOU EVH!!!!!!:mad2: :fucku: :mad2: :fucku2:

:donkey:

moose
08-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
its going platnium

Sure is, gonna make all the unsold CD's into SUB ZERO refrigerators.