Showed my best friend the Boston Pops footage....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EddieFan4Ever
    Roadie
    • Jul 2004

Showed my best friend the Boston Pops footage....

....well, he was unimpressed to say the least. Me? I liked it. I'd prefer seeing Dave with his own band only, or better yet...next year with VH.....but i thought it was cool to see him. He looked a bit cleaner & leaner to me. And i like the shorter brown hair as opposed to the blonde wig-looking thing he had going recently. My buddy used to be soooooo pro-Roth, somewhat anti-Hagar.....now he's done a complete turnabout. We were watching the US Festival, Largo, Montreal '84 and then Tokyo Dome '89, Toronto Balance '95, and Philly '98. He really got into it with me over the whole issue of Dave returning. He pointed to the forgotten words, attire, repeated stage rap, etc, as reasons why he would hate to see a reunion. But to me i think that Dave is a better "performer" vocally now in many ways than he was then. It could be great still. He praised Sammy as a singer/musician, as do i, and noted how the tour with Gary had some great moments, again as do i. But we definitely dissagreed on Dave. In '86 i remember loving 5150 AND EEAS, and him being more towards EEAS than 5150. Weird how things change for some....for me, i'm still loving 'em all. Just wanted to share....peace.
    "Simply said....God is Ed!!"
  • BARE BONE
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

attire! Look at this clown. Show your best sheep friend this picture.
    Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.

Comment

• BARE BONE
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2004

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a Jerk off!
      Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2004

YOU'RE FRIEND

I'm guessing your friend has kids now and eats Kraft Mac & Cheese and bows down to his wife and feels he's too "old" to really rock balls out. Am I close. Just a guess, maybe I'm dead wrong but I've seen these symptoms too many times with the pro-Hagar clan. Claiming that VH "matured" when Hagar joined. More like sounde tired and old, just like Hagar himself.
        DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• EddieFan4Ever
          Roadie
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BARE BONE
          attire! Look at this clown. Show your best sheep friend this picture.
          Hey, i'll be the first to admit that pretty much Dave, Sammy and Ed have all worn some kooky shit.

Comment

• EddieFan4Ever
            Roadie
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
            I'm guessing your friend has kids now and eats Kraft Mac & Cheese and bows down to his wife and feels he's too "old" to really rock balls out. Am I close. Just a guess, maybe I'm dead wrong but I've seen these symptoms too many times with the pro-Hagar clan. Claiming that VH "matured" when Hagar joined. More like sounde tired and old, just like Hagar himself.
            He has kids...is single....eats Mac and Cheese.....but he's only 34, and is a musician, too. I'm 34, have a daughter, play guitar in a rock band, like Mac and Cheese, and am single, too. I dont think it's those symptoms that aply in his case. lol Anyway....he's not a "sheep" anymore than i am (hush, lol), but i guess he just changed alot. I dunno.

Comment

Working...