PDA

View Full Version : Caught: Sammy telling the truth

DR CHIP
07-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Back in the 1996 Van Halen chango-switcho (Sammy-Roth-Cherone) Sammy said it best....

"You are on your way out when you release a best of"....

Ladies and gents....he was ABSOLUTELY correct....

He AND Van Halen both are releasing "Best Of" stuff and by numerical deduction from this tour....they both are on their way out....

Credit to the Red Rocker on this one.....

And who said I wasn't fair to Sammy?

Panamark
07-16-2004, 08:48 AM
The Fat lady is singing !!

And her name is Sammy !!

DR CHIP
07-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Pana....couldn't agree more....

Carmine
07-16-2004, 09:57 AM
boy you nailed that one!

Wayne L.
07-16-2004, 10:10 AM
The Stones have released numerous greatest hits compilations in over 40 years of rocking which don't mean a damn thing along with other legendary artists like Aerosmith, Kiss & Paul McCartney while Sammy's comments back in 96 were mostly internal with VH most notably Eddie at the time but I expect many more Van Halen greatest hits compilations & possibly live albums(Dave era VH)in the future!!!

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
The Fat lady is singing !!

And her name is Sammy !!

LOL

Panamark
07-16-2004, 10:43 AM
I wouldnt want to walk behind Sammy with a lit cigarette in that above photo.... Could be very nasty ! :p

Bill Lumbergh
07-16-2004, 10:47 AM
DLR Engine Room must be pro Spammy now.........he went and actually found a GOOD Spam pic! Man he's really in shape there...... Shame on you bro!

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
DLR Engine Room must be pro Spammy now.........he went and actually found a GOOD Spam pic! Man he's really in shape there...... Shame on you bro!

Hey hey hey hey HEY hey! I don't mind the usual sarcasm toward Spammy but........I'm pro-Spam now? Take that back, man. That's just cruel and insulting....

Seshmeister
07-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I wouldnt want to walk behind Sammy with a lit cigarette in that above photo.... Could be very nasty ! :p

"It's burst into flames.... Get out of the way, please, oh my, this is terrible...Oh, the humanity and all the passengers."

http://www.failuremag.com/images/hindenburg.jpg

Bill Lumbergh
07-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Hey hey hey hey HEY hey! I don't mind the usual sarcasm toward Spammy but........I'm pro-Spam now? Take that back, man. That's just cruel and insulting....

Sorry I can't! You are trying to make Spammy look good in that pic.........it's been photoshopped to make him look thin! Fuck man is that "Can't Stop Lovin' You" in your CD player right now?! ;)

Bill Lumbergh
07-16-2004, 10:59 AM

ULTRAMAN VH
07-16-2004, 11:00 AM
If they keep pushing forward with the Van hagar line up, they will be relagated to playing the club circuit, with the rest of the hardrock dinasaurs. This would be tragic, but the sisters don't seem to care. They are behaving like 1979 KISS. Their inner circle was telling them they were the greatest thing since sliced bread, yet the fans and poor ticket sales were telling another story. In the end it was the Death of a theater rock band.

DR CHIP
07-16-2004, 11:49 AM
I heard they are going to open for Spinal Tap on the next leg of the Spammy tour....

DR CHIP
07-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Sammy will come out and be the stage prop for Big Bottom..."and for mud flaps, Sammy's got em"....

I think wolfie will dance around the stonehenge stone as well....

Seshmeister
07-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
I heard they are going to open for Spinal Tap on the next leg of the Spammy tour....

So below the Puppet Show?

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Sorry I can't! You are trying to make Spammy look good in that pic.........it's been photoshopped to make him look thin! Fuck man is that "Can't Stop Lovin' You" in your CD player right now?! ;)

aaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhh stop!!!! I'm melting...you're a horrible, horrible squirrel.....awwwwwwhhhhhh.....

You won't hear me dis Gary Cherone, seriously. I've said it a thousand and five times and I'll say it again, he's a ROTH fan, he's ONE OF US, and he's done no wrong. He grew up listening to Roth Era, had the chance to tour with Roth (see attached pic) and then was offered a chance to sing with the remaining 3 members for an album and a tour. If ANY one of us Roth fans on this site has the talent and the chance to be the new VH singer, you're f***in outta your mind if you say no. It was the chance of a lifetime, he took it and made the most of it. You won't hear me knock Gary. I too was slightly disappointed with VH3, and I feel that they should have named it something else like Van Cherone, but I still maintain that the CD was more heartfelt than ANY of the Van Hagar CDs. Gary respected DLR, and the only reason they played ONE TOKEN SONG from each Van Hagar CD was because of Eddie's request, NOT Gary's.

Sammy Hagar, on the other hand, never respected Dave or classic VH, and had to ask Ted Nugent when Ed asked him to join.