PDA

View Full Version : dlrs next move?

jemhadar
07-16-2004, 08:24 AM
what should he do next? how can he get back on the scene again? dlrband was a commercial fiaso, so what can he do? reform with vai and sheenan?

Panamark
07-16-2004, 08:55 AM
DLRBand in most peoples opinion was one of his finest moments ??

The EEAS reunion would be cool, but would probably attract as little interest as Van Hagar is at the moment.. Although I would be
more confident of a reunited EEAS producing another hit single over
Van Hagar anyday..

I hope Dave just chills out for a while, comfortable in the fact that
he is not captaining the sinking ship... One feels we havent heard
the last of the great man, just yet..

EEAS or DLRBand2.. Or Van Halen ?? Theres a few options there....

Panamark
07-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Or guest appearances inbetween enjoying himself.. The cat has been
playing his heart out for years, I wouldnt begrudge him a bit of
a breather. You just know that he hasnt played his final ace, just yet.
I look forward to it. Whenever it is, or whatever it is..

Bill Lumbergh
07-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Or guest appearances inbetween enjoying himself.. The cat has been
playing his heart out for years, I wouldnt begrudge him a bit of
a breather. You just know that he hasnt played his final ace, just yet.
I look forward to it. Whenever it is, or whatever it is..

I agree. Don't ever count Dave out, you just know he's got something up his sleeve.

09-02-1984
07-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Time is on his side, as unlike "others" we could mention Dave looks in good physical shape for a triumphant return in the future.

Question: Any DLR with Boston Pops .jpg's about?

Wayne L.
07-16-2004, 12:12 PM
I would like to see Dave have his own talk/variety show possibly on the cable channel Spike in the near future since he would be the first rock legend to do so with his politically incorrect humor & attitude, playing VH/DLR classics as well as other rock/pop/soul classics, with lots of hot & sexy beautiful babes surrounding him, it would be a helluva lot better than a reality show with publicity pimp Al Sharpton!!!

TLR
07-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Maybe we can all just show up at one of these VH concerts (I heard a rumor they were touring as we speak) with Dave in tow. We can then orchestrate a coup de etat, thereby putting Dave back in his rightful place and live happily ever after.

guwapo_rocker
07-16-2004, 11:56 PM
First off..Wayne L. is a FAG!! Having said that, a new kick ass album from Dave with the guys he has now would be awsome!! As for an EEAS reunion, DAMN RIGHT it would out sell Van give us your $95.00 Hagar!!!

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
I would like to see Dave have his own talk/variety show possibly on the cable channel Spike in the near future since he would be the first rock legend to do so with his politically incorrect humor & attitude, playing VH/DLR classics as well as other rock/pop/soul classics, with lots of hot & sexy beautiful babes surrounding him, it would be a helluva lot better than a reality show with publicity pimp Al Sharpton!!!

I don't know about a talk show. Dave is an interviewee, not an interviewer. Any show Dave would have, would have to be about Dave. I don't think a show like that would go over. Dave is music. I think the band he has right now KICKS MAJOR ASS, and I will be first in line to buy a cd by them.

Matt White
07-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
First off..Wayne L. is a FAG!! Having said that, a new kick ass album from Dave with the guys he has now would be awsome!! As for an EEAS reunion, DAMN RIGHT it would out sell Van give us your $95.00 Hagar!!!

:D And if, like me, you thought the EEAS band would kick the shit out of Van Hagar, wouldn't that be hysterical. It would be twice that Dave took that band out on the road and SMOKED the Van Hagaritas! Saw Dave in 1986 at Chrysler Arena in Ann Arbor, just months after seeing the debacle of the 5150 tour at Joe Louis (2 shows for Van Hagar sold out in less than an hour back then,bet they love to think about those days) and the EEAS show kicked the shit out of Van Gaygar!:D

guwapo_rocker
07-17-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
:D And if, like me, you thought the EEAS band would kick the shit out of Van Hagar, wouldn't that be hysterical. It would be twice that Dave took that band out on the road and SMOKED the Van Hagaritas! Saw Dave in 1986 at Chrysler Arena in Ann Arbor, just months after seeing the debacle of the 5150 tour at Joe Louis (2 shows for Van Hagar sold out in less than an hour back then,bet they love to think about those days) and the EEAS show kicked the shit out of Van Gaygar!:D

The best show I ever wiitnessed EEAS Toronto October 31st

1986. AWESOME!!!!!! :killer:

Matt White
07-17-2004, 01:02 AM
The best show I ever wiitnessed EEAS Toronto October 31st

1986. AWESOME!!!!!! :killer:

Right on Guwapo_rocker! EEAS played 3x as many VH songs as Van HAgar, and played 'em with way more passion and percision. I saw 5150 tour in the spring (BTO opened and stole the show, but thats another story!) and my Bro saw them 6 weeks later in Omaha. I told him about the rap Spammy laid on Detroit, the set list, the anti-climatic buildup to the encore(Spammy butchering Zeps ROCK AND ROLL!). Suprise Suprise! The omaha show was EXACTLY the same as the Detroit show, word for word, move fomove, snore for snore! Dave and the boys on the other hand kicked ass like it was goin' out of style!

guwapo_rocker
07-17-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Right on Guwapo_rocker! EEAS played 3x as many VH songs as Van HAgar, and played 'em with way more passion and percision. I saw 5150 tour in the spring (BTO opened and stole the show, but thats another story!) and my Bro saw them 6 weeks later in Omaha. I told him about the rap Spammy laid on Detroit, the set list, the anti-climatic buildup to the encore(Spammy butchering Zeps ROCK AND ROLL!). Suprise Suprise! The omaha show was EXACTLY the same as the Detroit show, word for word, move fomove, snore for snore! Dave and the boys on the other hand kicked ass like it was goin' out of style!

Oh Yeah!!! Did they do the ring around the posey I

love you fucking dance for half the show???:D

NightProwler
07-17-2004, 01:12 AM
What's going on in here?:cool:

pete
07-17-2004, 01:15 AM
First off..Wayne L. is a FAG!!
sexually CHALLENGED

Matt White
07-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by NightProwler
What's going on in here?:cool:

HOLY SHIT! Speak of the Devil and the Devil appears! Just talkin' 'bout telling 'ya back in '86 about the Van Hagar 5150 show at the Joe...and how those lame fuckers did the exact same show in Omaha!:D

NightProwler
07-17-2004, 01:24 AM
Math,

So, I'm THE DEVIL now?

LMAO

Come on bro...haven't eddie and shemp been recycling the same show since 1986?

Matt White
07-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by NightProwler
Math,

So, I'm THE DEVIL now?

LMAO

Come on bro...haven't eddie and shemp been recycling the same show since 1986?

:( Sad but true!

SoCalChelle
07-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Personally, I think his current band kicks ass (of course I'm a bit biased). I can't wait until they get back on the road. I wouldn't mind seeing a one-time reunion concert with the EEAS band, but for the long run, I think he should stick with Brian, Toshi, Ray and James. :)

Matt White
07-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
Personally, I think his current band kicks ass (of course I'm a bit biased). I can't wait until they get back on the road. I wouldn't mind seeing a one-time reunion concert with the EEAS band, but for the long run, I think he should stick with Brian, Toshi, Ray and James. :)

I agree SoCalChelee. EEAS would be a gas, but Dave needs to keep up what hes got goin on now! I wish he would kick off a suprise summer tour to show the sheep that DAVID LEE ROTH RULES!:killer: