PDA

View Full Version : if original VH recorded an album today;

Carmine
07-16-2004, 09:56 AM
" which of the 6 pack would it sound like and why?

Matt White
07-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by DLRoswegony

My guess would be a combination of "Humans Being" and Fair Warning, because if they got together there would still be alot of tension. The tension and arguements between the original lineup is what produced the incredible music found on the six pack of the Dave era. iT WOULD ROCK HARDER THAN ANYTHING THEY'VE DONE IN YEARS!:D

Carmine
07-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
iT WOULD ROCK HARDER THAN ANYTHING THEY'VE DONE IN YEARS!:D [/B]

that much is a given, another FW, is exactly what I thought too.

Matt White
07-16-2004, 10:10 AM
After all these years, you know they've got alot of animosity towards each other. It would manifest itself in the music. Darker lyrical content and Ed would stop pussy-footin' around with the power ballads. Dave would make sure of that!

Wayne L.
07-16-2004, 10:13 AM
I think if the original VH recorded an album today it would sound like WACF & Fair Warning & Me Wise Magic is a great example.

lms
07-16-2004, 10:17 AM
It would not sound like any of the 6 pack, and they would be wrong to try. They should just get together and jam, and embrace whatever new sound they come up with and go with it. Trying to recreate something from 20 years ago...it will never happen. Times have changed, technology has changed, and the artists have changed. The music will have changed as well.

Carmine
07-16-2004, 10:20 AM
they recorded 8 years ago, where would you have placed MWM and CGTSNM?

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 10:26 AM
MWM & CGTSNM & more of a very slightly alternative edge. Dave has always been current with the music scene (DLR Band CD was cutting edge alternative) and they might add a bit of blues with Dave's usual brand of humour but overall there's no way Dave would allow an anything less than a KickAss hard rockin' CD to melt all of Spammy's CDs in a cloud of metallic dust......

rust n' crumble, sammy.....

Carmine
07-16-2004, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
to melt all of Spammy's CDs in a cloud of metallic dust....

...a shamrock shake!

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 10:38 AM
...a shamrock shake!

LOL yeah, like Spammy needs another shake...

Panamark
07-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Do they pick up from House of Pain or Me Wise Magic ?

Carmine
07-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Do they pick up from House of Pain or Me Wise Magic ?

the rawness of house of pain, sounds like a perfect spot! besides, didnt they write that tune way before it was on 84? i seem to remember it was called ???? and written in the early days?

Bill Lumbergh
07-16-2004, 11:27 AM
While I always hold out hope for one more real Van Halen album, it wouldnt sound like anything from the six pack. Ed is damaged goods at this point, although I think Dave could motivate him to write some better shit. If they did get back together it would probably be for just a tour anyway, but I thnk we would all be dying to hear what they could come up with after 20 years.

DR CHIP
07-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Has Ed learned to play Unchained yet? ;)

I think that a new album with the original line up wouldn't be that great and here's why:

1. They have no focus and Ed is NOT going to let Dave control

2. It would be recorded with the music being done and in the can before Dave showed up to sing...no way Ed and Dave are going to work together...

3. They wouldn't jam together and record live like they used to...way too much tension and problems

4. Ed's playing is REALLY lousy these days and the new Spammy stuff is just horrible...I cannot imagine a raw and pure guitar riff coming out of "Mr. let me bless you with the water while I'm too drunk to walk"...

All in all I really feel a new recording with Dave would only disappoint...

Hollywood Jesus
07-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Eddie would play his ass off to overshadow Dave.

And Dave would do the same to Eddie.

We'd have something along the lines of Fair Warning, Humans Being and a couple Dave love songs like In A Simple Rhyme and Little Guitars.

I am afraid that for the first time ever, Classic VH might have a clunker tune or two. Oh well.

DLR_EngineRoom
07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP

I think that a new album with the original line up wouldn't be that great and here's why:

2. It would be recorded with the music being done and in the can before Dave showed up to sing...no way Ed and Dave are going to work together...

3. They wouldn't jam together and record live like they used to...way too much tension and problems

4. Ed's playing is REALLY lousy these days and the new Spammy stuff is just horrible...I cannot imagine a raw and pure guitar riff coming out of "Mr. let me bless you with the water while I'm too drunk to walk"...

Good point(s).....unfortunately.....sad but true.

Carmine
07-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Nice pic, DLR e.r.

DR CHIP
07-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Good point(s).....unfortunately.....sad but true.

Birthday week huh? Happy B-day

Carmine
07-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Birthday week huh? Happy B-day

just noticed that myself, happy b-day!

rockvanhalen66
07-17-2004, 02:01 AM
if it sound anything like me wise magic wow. that would be a great fucking album......

Bill Lumbergh
07-17-2004, 02:53 AM

Great post.

Bill Lumbergh
07-17-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
if it sound anything like me wise magic wow. that would be a great fucking album......

Hey man I'm actually starting to think you really are a Dave and Classic VH fan! ;)

thefive
07-17-2004, 03:00 AM

Good thread DLRoswegony.

I do not think it would sound like just one of the 6 albums. It would sound like a little bit of each but mainly it would be more NEW style.(dont know what words to use to explain). IMO Me Wise magic and cant get that stuff no more didnt sound like any particular album. It just sounded like Dave and Ed but NEW. Like both of them have grown musically. If Eddie and Dave get back together it would be magic time again.

Bill Lumbergh
07-17-2004, 03:01 AM
[

Cool avatar bro!

thefive
07-17-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
[

Cool avatar bro!

Thanks Bill.
:)

thefive
07-17-2004, 03:23 AM
I really think if Ed and Dave get back together and are serious and do not let anyone or anything interfer with their music. It would be MAGIC Time again. I thought me wise magic was one fuckin kick ass tune.
The lyrics to cant get that stuff no more is awesome.

I think if Ed and Dave became friends they would both get really excited and make great music. This is just my opinion I might be wrong but I dont think i am.

ELVIS
07-17-2004, 03:28 AM
It sure as hell wouldn't sound like Ice cream Man 2 !!

Panamark
07-17-2004, 03:35 AM
The 5's avatar just gave me an epileptic fit !

thefive
07-17-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
The 5's avatar just gave me an epileptic fit !

:lol: :bananna:

thefive
07-17-2004, 03:42 AM
Maybe I should slow it down.

Panamark
07-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Whoah ! wheres me drugs !!!!