X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thetruthbaby
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Hagar fans: WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? AN ANALOGY

This may surprise some of my Roth Bros. on this site but I actually prefer the Dio lineup of Black Sabbath. What does this have to do with VH? I'll tell you. My first introduction to Sabbath was with Ozzy (like most people). Now, I certainly like the Ozzy period and respect him but personally I just prefer the Dio era. I think Mob Rules is the best "metal" album of all time. Just my opinion, nothing more. Also Dio joined and in a very real way resurrected Sabbath. They had not been selling well at all and H & Hell went platinum and brought them back to arena status (they had been downgraded to theatres in some cities on their last tour with Ozzy). BUT!!!! There is no way in hell I would argue that the Dio era is just as big or important as the Ozzy era. I'm not an idiot. I don't even mention my preference unless asked because I fully realize that Sabbath's legacy (for the most part) lies with Ozzy. I sure as hell wouldn't go on a B Sabbath fan site (let alone a Ozzy site) and make a fool out myself by trying to say they are as big with Dio or that they were as historically important. I know which era is considered by the vast majority of people to be the cat's meow and I DON'T ARGUE THE POINT. If asked I just simply state that I prefer the Dio era but that I respect Ozzy as the legend he is and I know their legacy is with him basically. And people are usually pretty cool about it. Again Sabbath weren't selling for shit their last couple of albums and tours and Dio really did bring them back but (this is very different from VHALEN who were at their peak with ROTH) but I know which era is bigger and more respected by far and yes it's OZZY. I never argue the point. This is why Hagar fans are just pathetic. VH's legacy lies with Roth. Plain and simple.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER
  • Figs
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Come on man! Dio has a better voice than Ozzy, so wouldn't you rather hear HIM sing War Pigs, etc., etc.? (Sarcasm)

I saw the Mob Rules tour, good show, sold out arena. I liked the 2 Dio/Sabbath albums. They had some southern rock band open up for them because they didn't want any "young metal bands" anymore (Van Halen upstaged them before).

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good analogy and your respect for not arguing the preference is admirable... Although good thing for the Sabbath fans is Ozzy eventually came back home... I hope VH doesn't follow their legacy with 2 more different singers... before entertaining and rerun w/ Dave.
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...