X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrets
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

BTB Production Label Van Halen boots

Anyone here know anything about the BTB production label?

The reason I ask is a pitiful story. Like many people here I want to get hold of quality footage of the original Van Halen live in concert which is not that easy. So far I have Largo '82 and Argentina '83 plus the US festival. But nothing on DVD.

So one day I'm bidding on ebay for Van Halen live in Sau Paulo '83 on DVD, then all of a sudden it disappears so I contact the seller and say I'll buy from him outside of the auction, yes I know this is a big NO NO and you should never do this. Well I did and I've learnt my lesson.

OK still with me? So this was about 3 months ago and guess what? The DVD still hasn't arrived. No surprise! Now I contacted the seller several times and he tells me it must've gotten lost because he definately sent it. He promises to send another one. Guess what this doesn't show up either so the game continues to this day. He promises to send another one it doesn't show up I contact him again.

So I'm not going to say who this guy is (yet). But, this is what he told me in his last email:

"Anything you see with a BTB production label is MY material! I make dvd's...I'm not some kid that just sells them. I am the source for 90% of the VH dvd's out there....so if you buy them from somewhere else and it has my label on it...then you could've just got it from me....if you buy it else where and it doesn't have my label then you're wasting your time! I've been collecting for 20 years and most of my stuff is the best you can find."

Well this didn't make me buy more thankfully. Well what can I say? Perhaps other people have had better dealings with BTB, if so let's hear about it. Otherwise you have been warned.
    Last edited by secrets; 07-17-2004, 03:46 PM.
    Achtung Baby I say, I say...
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

does his first name start with a P????
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• secrets
      Foot Soldier
      • Apr 2004

Yes Cato it does and his address is Littleton, MA. Please tell more if you know.

Comment

• Cato
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

actually his DVDs are awesome but he himself is defective.

I know he's making many people wait...

you had better stay away from P.

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• secrets
          Foot Soldier
          • Apr 2004

OK, Cato thanks for the advice. But can you (or anyone) recommend anyone else?

I still really want to get hold of good quality DVDs of Classic Van Halen in concert.

Comment

• Beauvoir
            Groupie
            • Apr 2004

I need some great classic era DVDs too!

Any advice to keep us from getting ripped off like this poor guy?

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

fucking Fletch strikes again...

Paul Fletcher.

throw your back out again Fletch?
              Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Rebel
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2004

Keep emailing him, he'll send dude.
                The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Cato
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

posting his real name on the board is OK?

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• secrets
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
                    Keep emailing him, he'll send dude.
                    Man, I hope so, I've been emailing the guy over the last 3 months and now I've mentioned reporting him to the Better Buisness Bureau. Hope that does the trick.

Comment

• secrets
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Cato
                      posting his real name on the board is OK?
                      I didn't, but I guess I'm not alone in being messed about by this guy by the looks of things.

Comment

• Lou

Hey I have this going on at sharingthegroove.org, you can just download it from there.

Comment

• secrets
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Apr 2004

Thanks fot that Lou.

Comment

• secrets
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Apr 2004

If anybody else out there has been ripped of by Mr. F I'd like to hear from you. I've already got the impresson I'm not the only one.

At the end of this month if my VH DVD hasn't arrived after more than 3 months I'm reporting this guy to eBay with the intention of having him banned, the BBB and possibly a higher authority.

Van Halen fans should not be ripped off like this and I'm going to do my best to stop this happening to other fans.

Your support will be appreciated.
                            Last edited by secrets; 07-20-2004, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• pete
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Re: BTB Production Label Van Halen boots

Originally posted by secrets
                              Anyone here know anything about the BTB production label?

The reason I ask is a pitiful story. Like many people here I want to get hold of quality footage of the original Van Halen live in concert which is not that easy. So far I have Largo '82 and Argentina '83 plus the US festival. But nothing on DVD.

So one day I'm bidding on ebay for Van Halen live in Sau Paulo '83 on DVD, then all of a sudden it disappears so I contact the seller and say I'll buy from him outside of the auction, yes I know this is a big NO NO and you should never do this. Well I did and I've learnt my lesson.

OK still with me? So this was about 3 months ago and guess what? The DVD still hasn't arrived. No surprise! Now I contacted the seller several times and he tells me it must've gotten lost because he definately sent it. He promises to send another one. Guess what this doesn't show up either so the game continues to this day. He promises to send another one it doesn't show up I contact him again.

So I'm not going to say who this guy is (yet). But, this is what he told me in his last email:

"Anything you see with a BTB production label is MY material! I make dvd's...I'm not some kid that just sells them. I am the source for 90% of the VH dvd's out there....so if you buy them from somewhere else and it has my label on it...then you could've just got it from me....if you buy it else where and it doesn't have my label then you're wasting your time! I've been collecting for 20 years and most of my stuff is the best you can find."

Well this didn't make me buy more thankfully. Well what can I say? Perhaps other people have had better dealings with BTB, if so let's hear about it. Otherwise you have been warned.
                              sao paulo 83 dvd for download free

if you dont have a dvd burner there is a link for software that plays the files on your computer.

Comment

Working...