X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrets
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

Campaign for Classic Van Halen

I love this site it's great. Nowhere else is better informed on David Lee Roth and Classic Van Halen.

It's fun debating about how much better DLR and the original VH are compared to this tragic reunion, but is that all we are trying to achieve here? Personally I couldn't care less if someone thinks Van Hagar is better than DLR or classic Van Halen, that's their choice.

We know better. What annoys me is that Van Hagar fans are catered for in terms of live footage. Real Van Halen fans are not, pure and simple. We have to get hold of boots some of which are very poor quality and this is simply unfair. Not to mention questionable from a commercial view point as the original Van Halen out sells Van Hagar by far.

Dave has said there is rare concert footage of Van Halen, perhaps tons of the stuff. The question is will it ever be released? Perhaps if Van Halen themselves, Warner Brothers etc were pressured by enough people and realized the demand for this kind of product it would make the light of day. You would hope so anyway.

How about organizing some kind of petition that could be a standard letter emailed to all the relevant parties.

Here is an example of what I mean:

News and discussion surrounding everything Star Wars, from 1976 to today. Particularly focused on preserving the original trilogy (Episodes IV through VI) for future generations.

This an example of fans campaigning for what they want. The Star Wars films are unavailable on DVD in their original form so true fans are campaigning for its release.

Will they succeed? Who knows? But at least they are trying.
    Achtung Baby I say, I say...
  • guwapo_rocker

The thing is Al Van Gina would never agree to it...and he hates

Dave more than Eddie does.

Comment

• ModernDayWarior
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2004

It'll never happen. I'll just have to stick with my bootleg dvd's

Comment

• secrets
        Foot Soldier
        • Apr 2004

Never? I hope you're wrong. There could be a fortune to be made with a decent DVD of unreleased classic Van Halen concerts. Surely the money has to be an incentive if nothing else.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

Can anyone help me out on finding bootleg tapes or dvd's of classic Van Halen? Im dying to get my hands one

Comment

• secrets
            Foot Soldier
            • Apr 2004

Try ebay it's ok. But as always check feedback and never buy outside of the auction. Good luck. BTW Largo '82 and Argentina '83 are definately worth getting if you can.

Comment

• Wayne L.

I WOULD like see a DVD released with the original VH with classic concert footage from 78-84 since it would bring back memories & the fans who experienced them live in those days like myself but it should be more than the classic Van Halen concert videos on bootleg I have already seen!!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                I WOULD like see a DVD released with the original VH with classic concert footage from 78-84 since it would bring back memories & the fans who experienced them live in those days like myself but it should be more than the classic Van Halen concert videos on bootleg I have already seen!!!
                I agree.......shit!

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

hanks for the help "secrets"

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

thanks for the help "secrets"

Comment

• AJW
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jun 2004

Largo '82 kicks some major ass. I would love the whole Oakland '81 show on DVD. That would be something.:eek:

Comment

• secrets
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
                        thanks for the help "secrets"
                        You're welcome.

Originally posted by ajw
                        Largo '82 kicks some major ass. I would love the whole Oakland '81 show on DVD. That would be something.:eek:
                        I agree 100%.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

The rights to Star Wars are controlled by Lucas, so that campaign can have an effective focus.

Who the hell really knows who owns the rights to whatever classic Van Halen footage is in the can? Is it WB? Is it EVH, AVH, MA and DLR? Where are the masters?

Difficult to know who to petition if you're not sure where the material is and what parties need to be involved in order to get it released.

Collecting boots has an upside. The quality isn't as good as an official release would be, but there's something to be said for collecting classic audio and video via the black market because you're getting what you want (classic live material) and it's spitting in the face of the greedy Van Halen brothers who have turned their backs on the classic fans.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ModernDayWarior
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Mar 2004

Don't go ebay and pay for them. Email me and I can give you the dvd's for free.

Comment

• secrets
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              The rights to Star Wars are controlled by Lucas, so that campaign can have an effective focus.

Who the hell really knows who owns the rights to whatever classic Van Halen footage is in the can? Is it WB? Is it EVH, AVH, MA and DLR? Where are the masters?

Difficult to know who to petition if you're not sure where the material is and what parties need to be involved in order to get it released.

Collecting boots has an upside. The quality isn't as good as an official release would be, but there's something to be said for collecting classic audio and video via the black market because you're getting what you want (classic live material) and it's spitting in the face of the greedy Van Halen brothers who have turned their backs on the classic fans.
                              This actually makes alot of sense. Nice post.

Comment

Working...