PDA

View Full Version : Eddie tells Neil Schon to pound sand

Va Beach VH Fan
07-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Christ, what a cranky old man he has become....

http://www.melodicrock.com/

EDDIE CANCELS SOUL SIRKUS SUPPORT SLOT - EXCLUSIVE REPORT:
Eddie Van Halen has pulled the pin on Neal Schon and Jeff Scott Soto's band playing in support of Van Halen on their two upcoming Californian dates.
News of this filtered through to me this afternoon. Soul Sirkus were to open for Van Halen in Oakland and San Jose on August 10 and 13 respectively.
But Eddie Van Halen has personally put a stop to this.
The debut live dates for the band were announced a couple of weeks ago after negotiations between the two camps. Irving Azoff is the manager for all concerned. Azoff is Journey and Neal Schon's long time manager, adding a solo Sammy Hagar to his roster a few years ago. It was this move that threw Neal Schon together with Hagar, who together formed Planet Us. Neal brought in Journey drummer Deen Castronovo and Sammy bought in his old friend, the then unemployed Michael Anthony to round out the line up. The band demoed two tracks before disbanding.
Hagar and Anthony recently returned to action in Van Halen and Neal continued his vision for the project, teaming with Jeff Scott Soto and Marco Mendoza under the new moniker Soul Sirkus.
Azoff now also manages Soul Sirkus and I am told that a support slot for the two Californian gigs was approved by Alex Van Halen. Sammy and Mike were naturally all for the plan.
But Eddie Van Halen was apparently not informed at the time and upon learning the news, point blank refused to let it happen. His decision was communicated to Neal Schon today. It was his demand that the Soul Sirkus support be cancelled and the band replaced with Silvertide, who have been touring with VH on the majority of their US dates.
One can only speculate why Eddie was so steadfast in his refusal to let Soul Sirkus support Van Halen on what was to be just two dates.
Whatever the reason, it seems strong feelings from recent years remain very much at the forefront. If one looks back, the whole set of events that seemed to lead to a reunited Van Halen began when Planet Us first hit the PR trail in the earliest months of 2002. That included Michael Anthony's return to the headlines as part of Planet Us with Neal Schon, followed by Sammy Hagar's amazing co-headlining tour with the original voice of Van Halen - David Lee Roth.

BigDaddyD
07-18-2004, 09:35 AM
It seems that EVH is threatened by Neal...and he should be.

Wayne L.
07-18-2004, 09:36 AM
I think Eddie can do what he wants to do because VH is his band & if he doesn't want this band with former Journey guitarist Neal Schon to be the opening act it's NO big deal except to a few!!!

EddieFan4Ever
07-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
I think Eddie can do what he wants to do because VH is his band & if he doesn't want this band with former Journey guitarist Neal Schon to be the opening act it's NO big deal except to a few!!!

He's still the guitarist for Journey. :)

scorpioboy33
07-18-2004, 09:46 AM
actually all journey members should have been rounded up and sent to gilligans isle

Panamark
07-18-2004, 09:49 AM
VH has support acts ? I thought the pre-show time was for cashing in the food vouchers ??

scorpioboy33
07-18-2004, 09:52 AM
actually all journey members should have been rounded up and sent to gilligans isle

DR CHIP
07-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Ever
He's still the guitarist for Journey. :)

But Neal can play Unchained....

Matt White
07-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33

I can't see what the big deal for Ed could have been, I mean since Van Hagar basically IS Journey. Same wimpy power ballads, same shameless love songs to pull the bic lighters out of the crowd. Why have a beef with Neal? He was just giving Mikey A JOB! Since Ed couldn't get out of bed for the past 6 years!:guzzle:

SoCalChelle
07-18-2004, 10:51 AM
MelodiCROCK

Hecubus
07-18-2004, 11:06 AM
So...

Eddie's gone off the deep end now. How the fuck could anything with Planet Us be Schon's fault at all?!?! (If that's the case).

The creation of Planet Us = Azoff & Hagar
"Hey...Call Neal...see if he's got anything going"

Why the fuck would this create bad blood between EVH & NS?
Rediculous. I guess it is all about ego.

It's becoming extremely tough to continue to support these prima donnas with my disposable income....

EddieFan4Ever
07-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
But Neal can play Unchained....

As can Ed, goofy! :) Neal is also one of my all-time favs, too!

guwapo_rocker
07-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Eddie doesn't want Neal on the same bill because Neal can still play

and Eddie can't.

diamond den™
07-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Neal Schon is an Excellent guitar player.......Eddie is fucking intimidated.......

DLR4VH
07-18-2004, 11:36 AM
I think Ed's probably just being loyal to Silvertide, they've been the opening act and he probably thinks why should we boot them for a couple of shows...it's not fair to them.

diamond den™
07-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DLR4VH
I think Ed's probably just being loyal to Silvertide, they've been the opening act and he probably thinks why should we boot them for a couple of shows...it's not fair to them.

SHEEP ALERT!!!!

Hummarstra
07-18-2004, 11:47 AM
You're all making assumptions and you all don't know shit.

EddieFan4Ever
07-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

and Eddie can't.

Untrue statement alert!! :)

EddieFan4Ever
07-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by diamond den™
Neal Schon is an Excellent guitar player.......Eddie is fucking intimidated.......

I'm a big fan of Schon's...always have been. Very underrated. Having said that....there's no way Ed is intimidated, no reason to be either. Ed's been playing better with each show. It's either a case of professional courtesy towards Silvertide, or it could be hard feelings about Planter Us, or it could be something we'll never know about.

scottydabodi
07-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Judging by EVH's MASSIVE insecurity issue, him feeling threatened by Schon's virutosity seems VERY reasonable. Besides, if Schon goes onstage, and fucking RULES, that means Ed's gonna have to work... and we all know that WORKING gets in the way of his DRINKING.

lms2
07-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Blah Blah Blah....okay, I thought that there were two different opening bands for VH.. one for the first part of the tour and one for the second. How come with Dave everyone thinks it is the money first and foremost, but that doesnt even get mentioned in Niel's case. Further, Classic Van Halen liked to give new guys a shot...when you have a big name... you don't need a kick ass opening band so why not give someone a shot to be heard? Share the "wealth" of opportunity? Give some unknown punks a chance to be heard. For every kick ass guitarist you have heard of there are 3 or 4 equally awesome guitarists that you will never hear of. Such is life.

SoCalChelle
07-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Just curious.....has anything posted on melodiCROCK ever turned out to be true?

Viking
07-18-2004, 01:26 PM
If it IS true, it's a slap at Sammy and Mike, too. Maybe it ain't all hugs and kisses in the VH camp after all.

Mr. Roth, you have a call on line two. :D

BigDaddyD
07-18-2004, 02:33 PM

EVH doesn't care about anyone other than EVH.

Mezro
07-18-2004, 02:45 PM

Simple:

Silvertide = cheap labor
Soul Whatever = not so cheap labor

Mezro...even a drunk Ed knows the bottom line is the bottom line...

AJW
07-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I can't see what the big deal for Ed could have been, I mean since Van Hagar basically IS Journey. Same wimpy power ballads, same shameless love songs to pull the bic lighters out of the crowd. Why have a beef with Neal? He was just giving Mikey A JOB! Since Ed couldn't get out of bed for the past 6 years!:guzzle:

I was just going to say the same thing.

AJW
07-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
Just curious.....has anything posted on melodiCROCK ever turned out to be true?

Yes, the Van Hagar reunion. Give Andrew some credit. He was the first one to break the story.

BigDaddyD
07-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Simple:

Silvertide = cheap labor
Soul Whatever = not so cheap labor

Mezro...even a drunk Ed knows the bottom line is the bottom line...

VH are guaranteed their money. What do they care? The tour is tanking anyway, if they cared about that they might have rehearsed and put on proper shows ...not given out free parking and food. Besides, if they were concerned about costs, they would have NEal because he can fill seats. By every account that I have heard, Silvertide sucks anyway.

Warham
07-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Silverwho?

Samsonite
07-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by BigDaddyD
VH are guaranteed their money. What do they care? The tour is tanking anyway, if they cared about that they might have rehearsed and put on proper shows ...not given out free parking and food. Besides, if they were concerned about costs, they would have NEal because he can fill seats. By every account that I have heard, Silvertide sucks anyway.

Bullshit. Silvertide was a pretty good opening act. They were awesome in Cleveland.

Warham
07-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Who?

rockvanhalen66
07-18-2004, 07:10 PM
neal is a good guitar player ///// fuck journey. ed is a much better player then neal.

RogueHorseman
07-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Viking
...it's a slap at Sammy and Mike, too. Maybe it ain't all hugs and kisses in the VH camp after all...

Oh, it hasn't been from day one. Mostly a case of smile and play pretend in order to collect the payday.

Mezro
07-18-2004, 07:28 PM
VH are guaranteed their money. What do they care? .

With the tour not meeting expectations I'm sure they are being squeezed by Clear Channel to keep costs cut to the greasy bone.

Mezro...Van Hagar are guaranteed cash but there is no downside guarantee for Clear Channel...

lms2
07-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Clear Channel deserves to get screwed.

Figs
07-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Who cares who opens?

If half the place is empty for the big "reunion" headliner, who's there for the opening act anyway?

SoCalChelle
07-18-2004, 08:41 PM
According to Brad, it was just a rumor that Soul Sirkus was even supposed to open for them in the first place.

*don't hurt me, I'm just passing on information*

guwapo_rocker
07-18-2004, 08:45 PM
According to Brad,

What Happened to "Buh Bye"???

guwapo_rocker
07-18-2004, 08:46 PM
According to Brad,

:mad: :mad:

SoCalChelle
07-18-2004, 08:51 PM
What Happened to "Buh Bye"???

Heard ya missed me....oh never mind :p

Roth kills Sam
07-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
It was this move that threw Neal Schon together with Hagar, who together formed Planet Us.

Doesn't anyone remember the band HSAS?

BigDaddyD
07-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Samsonite
Bullshit. Silvertide was a pretty good opening act. They were awesome in Cleveland.

You are the first person to say anything positive about them.

guwapo_rocker
07-18-2004, 09:19 PM
You are the first person to say anything positive about them.

What does he know? He's a suitcase!!:D

gigolo
07-18-2004, 09:20 PM

You are not a sheep, you are right my friend.

Ed wants to keep Silvertide because their singles are higher in the R&R and BB charts, and continuing to climb while VH's IAT tanked. Clear Channel is losing their wazoo on this tour, with BB reported paid attendance only a little over 7,000 per VH concert, and CCE need’s to sell every ticket they can beg, borrow, and steal, to pay Eddie's and the boys big fat per show guaranteed residual, or the rest of this Tour gets canceled or seriously cut back to stop the losses.

guwapo_rocker
07-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Sorry:confused: To suggest Eddie is keeping Silvertide

on because they sell $80.00 tickets is simply nonsense!

gigolo
07-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Viking
If it IS true, it's a slap at Sammy and Mike, too. Maybe it ain't all hugs and kisses in the VH camp after all.

Mr. Roth, you have a call on line two. :D

I think you are right.

Posted this at www.vhlinks.com, will post it here also. Gosh there is so much negative Van Halen news leading the vhlinks Main Discussion threads over their all day I was getting really depressed. Had to come over here for a while and have a drink or something.

Anyway here's the post:

Eddie is really pissed at Hagar over Sammy’s release of 'The Essential Red Collection' and this is his way of getting back at Sammy.

http://www.vhnd.net/articles/040709-01.shtml

For those that forgot, both Eddie and Sammy said in public, in print, before the start of this Tour, that it was only a one time deal, and after the Tour they were both going back to their own music and work. Sammy has changed his tune, with the Love Fest BS because of pressure from CCE due to very weak ticket sales, but this is STILL the deal.

Sammy is trying to leverage this Tour, to help his own music career (which is fine in my opinion) and Sir Eddie doesn’t like it. That simple.

Gee, never mind Eddie is hawking cheaply made/high priced guitars on eBay, if they haven’t shut him down again!
#######

Well off to post on the EVH Art Guitar thread to exposed more BS.

scottydabodi
07-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
Doesn't anyone remember the band HSAS?

Dude, I had 2 of their albums. I lit them on fire when Ronald McHagar joined VH and RUINED THEM FOREVER.

tjvhou812
07-19-2004, 12:22 AM

and Eddie can't.

ed will run circles around him

scottydabodi
07-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Ed can't run circles around Hagar, dipshit. Grow some respect for Schon.

tjvhou812
07-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Ed can't run circles around Hagar, dipshit. Grow some respect for Schon.

you need to spit the cock out of yout mouth, and get some respect for king edward

scottydabodi
07-19-2004, 12:43 AM
Maybe if I thought Ed was a better guitarist than I am, I WOULD. But I don't.
PS:

POJO_Risin
07-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Edward lost all respect when he lost his mind in 1996...and again in 1998 with that shit tour...obviously there's more than that...but those two things alone...make him an ass in my eyes...

anyone who still gives creedance to him for anything other than his past ability...just isn't being realistic...

You choose to like him...have no problem with that in the least...

what I'm fucking done with are your "cock in your mouth" fucking fantasies...

scottydabodi
07-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Edward lost all respect when he lost his mind in 1996...and again in 1998 with that shit tour...obviously there's more than that...but those two things alone...make him an ass in my eyes...

anyone who still gives creedance to him for anything other than his past ability...just isn't being realistic...

You choose to like him...have no problem with that in the least...

what I'm fucking done with are your "cock in your mouth" fucking fantasies...

Hail POJO!!

tjvhou812
07-19-2004, 12:50 AM
like it or not, eddie can still play with the best of them...

and thats a fact....

dont sit here and tell me he sucks, go buy a ticket, and listen to the shit he plays...

eddie still lights it up live

scottydabodi
07-19-2004, 12:54 AM
Just like the way I'm lighting up my toilet RIGHT NOW. I don't buy tickets to see bullshit... fuck Ronald McHagar, fuck Ed, and Fuck every Hagarita in the WORLD!!!

rockvanhalen66
07-19-2004, 01:07 AM
king edward vanhalen //// there can only be one nobody better. he always had it always will.

POJO_Risin
07-19-2004, 01:11 AM
1. I never said Eddie sucked...you did...

2. I have no interest buy a ticket for a band I don't want to see...

3. I've had Ed fans who I actually respect (probably since they tend not to hang their hat on sentiments such as "cock in mouth") tell me Ed has lost a step or two...which...makes more sense than not...being that the fucker has half a tongue...new hip...and said himself, "I have barely picked up a guitar the past few months...."

Besides...I wouldn't be able to hear Ed...from covering my ears from Bette's sentimental journey...

sorry...

I'd rather Patty Smythe have taken over...at least she has balls...

POJO_Risin
07-19-2004, 01:15 AM
Hey...Edward was the creme' de la creme' of guitar players in the 80's...hell...he pussed out...but had the chops in the early 90's...

anyone that says he is still the guy that shredded with Roth...is insane...

he's lost a step...due to alcohol...smoking...getting bitchslapped by Val...and having to drag Al out of dumpsters...

new hip...new tongue...new whore...cleaning diapers...

dude is a classic guitar player at this point...a guy who WAS great...still is good...but isn't the same...

that simple...

and sorry...I'll trust my friends (guitar players...not VH fans) word of it...over you two morons...any day of the week...

rockvanhalen66
07-19-2004, 01:33 AM
who is better then ed now and doing a tour?the boy can still throw down. when they go back in the studio we will hear the great shit once again. the best shit mankind has ever heard. why becuse ed rocking the planet man. he always had it always will............

POJO_Risin
07-19-2004, 01:53 AM
They've been in the studio...and what came out of it...was nothing...

nothing at all...

Those songs weren't very good...

ALinChainz
07-19-2004, 02:02 AM
Those songs, in a nice way, LACK.

And bro, that's all the dude's got. Dave bashing, and something to do with a cock in someone's mouth.

rockvanhalen66
07-19-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
They've been in the studio...and what came out of it...was nothing...

nothing at all...

Those songs weren't very good... give it time when they take some time to work on some new stuff. im sure you will hear the killer. even if you are not a sam fan thats ok but ed will still rock.

hotdog@ a shake
07-19-2004, 02:25 AM
"...the shit eddie plays"?

exactly my point!!!

look, the 3 "new" Hagarita infested tunes are rather bland, and uninspired IMHO. if the sheep or whoever thinks they rock, well that's their constitutional right and they are entited to it!

hmmm...I find it rather odd that Hagar's "ESSENTIAL" is coming out a mere 3 weeks after VH"S "BEST OF..."???

rockvanhalen66
07-20-2004, 12:09 AM
hagar:s label wanted him to put somethin out he is still under contract with them.and he has no time now so he put out the best of........

freak
07-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Not really surprised.

At this stage in their careers, Neal Schon is probably twice the guitarist Eddie Van Halen is.

Couple that with EVH's insecurities and...there you go.

Add to the mix also that he was part of a project that Hagar would probably have been good in (HSAS wasn't all that bad, I 'll admit. Their cover of Whiter Shade of Pale was damned good in fact.).

It's pretty damned pitiful when *the* icon of 80's guitar has eroded to the point of being threatened by players he once towered over.

Get a descent fucking haircut, can the support group shit, grow some balls and rediscover whatever the hell it was that made you who you were, Ed.

Don't end your career this way, man.

Rikk
07-20-2004, 01:00 AM
Man, Eddie's so insecure. He should also face reality. RIGHT NOW, Hanson could open for VH and blow them off the stage.

I wonder if COCK IN MOUTH here appreciates that sentiment, huh RockVanHalen, or whatever your fucking pathetic name is?

rockvanhalen66
07-20-2004, 01:28 AM
little dick rikk will suck your prick that is your name becuse ed vanhalen said so.

rockvanhalen66
07-20-2004, 01:30 AM
and if you think neal is better then ed go buy your fag journey album..

Rikk
07-20-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
little dick rikk will suck your prick that is your name becuse ed vanhalen said so.

Ladies and gentlemen, COCK IN MOUTH, the Army's resident poster boy for euthanasia.

PS. If you PM me, COCK IN MOUTH, I will tell you what that word means.;)

danielc
07-20-2004, 01:38 AM
Why don't they just do like Rush and not have an opening act?

rockvanhalen66
07-20-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by danielc
Why don't they just do like Rush and not have an opening act? there already playing over 2 hrs but that would be cool.

rockvanhalen66
07-20-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Ladies and gentlemen, COCK IN MOUTH, the Army's resident poster boy for euthanasia.

PS. If you PM me, COCK IN MOUTH, I will tell you what that word means.;) little dick rikk will suck your prick. i am not going to p/m you. and no you can not suck the roc hard vanhalen dick no thanks bitch.....

Rikk
07-20-2004, 02:21 AM
little dick rikk will suck your prick. i am not going to p/m you. and no you can not suck the roc hard vanhalen dick no thanks bitch.....

COCK IN MOUTH:

I am now bored. I am officially bored. You bore me. You are too stupid to have a flame-war with. The sign of a good flame war is if you're looking forward to your opponent's responses. But with you, it's more like a "flamer" war. All these quick, badly-written responses about dicks, cocks, pricks, things that are little, sucking, men being bitches, men being "roc hard"...it's tired. Even the retards at this site are getting sick of reading your shit.

You are tired and boring. You are sad. You are a sad, sad fool. My anti-friend, I think I can safely say that I do not want to "suck the roc hard vanhalen dick"...but I can think of some individuals who may be interested in such an outing. Try: TOWN IDIOT, HOOKED ON PHONICS, MONICA, VAN HERPES, etc. These idiots will be happy to suck your fucking cock. I, on the other hand, will just have to sigh and hope that one day you will be allowed to sit next to mommy in the front seat.

rockvanhalen66
07-20-2004, 02:32 AM
talkin about a bore go read your post..... another thing i just don"t bash someone for the hell of it you did not me...... you just bash them dudes for no reason .. you posted some bull shit and i posted back. just look at the post......

Rikk
07-20-2004, 02:40 AM
talkin about a bore go read your post..... another thing i just don"t bash someone for the hell of it you did not me...... you just bash them dudes for no reason .. you posted some bull shit and i posted back. just look at the post......

Awww, you gonna cry? Boo fuckin' hoo, Hagar-ite. I am so guilty for bashing Rhode Island's answer to IQ averages being too high.

You bash any ol' idiot that disagrees with your positive opinion of the band these days. In case you haven't noticed, not many people around here are very excited about the band right now.

At the same time, I'm not asking you to leave. I think you should stay. The more opinions, the better. Freedom of speech and all that. This ain't a place where you'll be banned for your opinions. Have the opinion you want.

But you're still a fucking idiot.:D

rockvanhalen66
07-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Awww, you gonna cry? Boo fuckin' hoo, Hagar-ite. I am so guilty for bashing Rhode Island's answer to IQ averages being too high.

You bash any ol' idiot that disagrees with your positive opinion of the band these days. In case you haven't noticed, not many people around here are very excited about the band right now.

At the same time, I'm not asking you to leave. I think you should stay. The more opinions, the better. Freedom of speech and all that. This ain't a place where you'll be banned for your opinions. Have the opinion you want.

But you're still a fucking idiot.:D boo hoo // not even me .... i could care less what anybody thinks on here to be honest with you. as far as the vh band there back. maybe not with dave but you never know. until then fuck it. like you said it just a bunch of opinions..... and yes you do suck:D lol..

Chaz Rock City
08-06-2004, 12:31 AM
I saw Silvertide open for Alice Cooper in 2000, they did nothing for me. Best Alice show I've ever seen though.

Matt White
08-06-2004, 12:56 AM
I saw SILVERTIDE open for VELVET REVOLVER in MAy. One word to discribe them....BORING!!!!!