X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Eddie tells Neil Schon to pound sand

Christ, what a cranky old man he has become....

Melodic News, Melodic CD Stores, Melodic Labels, MelodicRock Links, MelodicRockXtra, MelodicRock Records

EDDIE CANCELS SOUL SIRKUS SUPPORT SLOT - EXCLUSIVE REPORT:
    Eddie Van Halen has pulled the pin on Neal Schon and Jeff Scott Soto's band playing in support of Van Halen on their two upcoming Californian dates.
    News of this filtered through to me this afternoon. Soul Sirkus were to open for Van Halen in Oakland and San Jose on August 10 and 13 respectively.
    But Eddie Van Halen has personally put a stop to this.
    The debut live dates for the band were announced a couple of weeks ago after negotiations between the two camps. Irving Azoff is the manager for all concerned. Azoff is Journey and Neal Schon's long time manager, adding a solo Sammy Hagar to his roster a few years ago. It was this move that threw Neal Schon together with Hagar, who together formed Planet Us. Neal brought in Journey drummer Deen Castronovo and Sammy bought in his old friend, the then unemployed Michael Anthony to round out the line up. The band demoed two tracks before disbanding.
    Hagar and Anthony recently returned to action in Van Halen and Neal continued his vision for the project, teaming with Jeff Scott Soto and Marco Mendoza under the new moniker Soul Sirkus.
    Azoff now also manages Soul Sirkus and I am told that a support slot for the two Californian gigs was approved by Alex Van Halen. Sammy and Mike were naturally all for the plan.
    But Eddie Van Halen was apparently not informed at the time and upon learning the news, point blank refused to let it happen. His decision was communicated to Neal Schon today. It was his demand that the Soul Sirkus support be cancelled and the band replaced with Silvertide, who have been touring with VH on the majority of their US dates.
    One can only speculate why Eddie was so steadfast in his refusal to let Soul Sirkus support Van Halen on what was to be just two dates.
    Whatever the reason, it seems strong feelings from recent years remain very much at the forefront. If one looks back, the whole set of events that seemed to lead to a reunited Van Halen began when Planet Us first hit the PR trail in the earliest months of 2002. That included Michael Anthony's return to the headlines as part of Planet Us with Neal Schon, followed by Sammy Hagar's amazing co-headlining tour with the original voice of Van Halen - David Lee Roth.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • BigDaddyD
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

It seems that EVH is threatened by Neal...and he should be.

Comment

• Wayne L.

I think Eddie can do what he wants to do because VH is his band & if he doesn't want this band with former Journey guitarist Neal Schon to be the opening act it's NO big deal except to a few!!!

Comment

• EddieFan4Ever
        Roadie
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
        I think Eddie can do what he wants to do because VH is his band & if he doesn't want this band with former Journey guitarist Neal Schon to be the opening act it's NO big deal except to a few!!!
        He's still the guitarist for Journey.
        "Simply said....God is Ed!!"

Comment

• scorpioboy33
          Commando
          • Jul 2004

actually all journey members should have been rounded up and sent to gilligans isle

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

VH has support acts ? I thought the pre-show time was for cashing in the food vouchers ??
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• scorpioboy33
              Commando
              • Jul 2004

actually all journey members should have been rounded up and sent to gilligans isle

Comment

• DR CHIP
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EddieFan4Ever
                He's still the guitarist for Journey.
                But Neal can play Unchained....

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by scorpioboy33

I can't see what the big deal for Ed could have been, I mean since Van Hagar basically IS Journey. Same wimpy power ballads, same shameless love songs to pull the bic lighters out of the crowd. Why have a beef with Neal? He was just giving Mikey A JOB! Since Ed couldn't get out of bed for the past 6 years!

Comment

• SoCalChelle
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

MelodiCROCK
                    Formerly Tormented VH Fan
                    Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Hecubus
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

So...

Eddie's gone off the deep end now. How the fuck could anything with Planet Us be Schon's fault at all?!?! (If that's the case).

The creation of Planet Us = Azoff & Hagar
                      "Hey...Call Neal...see if he's got anything going"

Why the fuck would this create bad blood between EVH & NS?
                      Rediculous. I guess it is all about ego.

It's becoming extremely tough to continue to support these prima donnas with my disposable income....
                      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• EddieFan4Ever
                        Roadie
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DR CHIP
                        But Neal can play Unchained....
                        As can Ed, goofy! Neal is also one of my all-time favs, too!
                        "Simply said....God is Ed!!"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Eddie doesn't want Neal on the same bill because Neal can still play

and Eddie can't.

Comment

• diamond den™

Neal Schon is an Excellent guitar player.......Eddie is fucking intimidated.......

Comment

• DLR4VH
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jun 2004

I think Ed's probably just being loyal to Silvertide, they've been the opening act and he probably thinks why should we boot them for a couple of shows...it's not fair to them.

Comment

Working...