X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Sheffield blames Clemens for juicing?

He was talking about Bonds...and this is how it went...

While Sheffield said he holds no grudges against Roger Clemens and all the attention the Rocket receives for his legendary workouts, Sheffield was quoted as saying there might be something more than soda water in the cup Rocket drinks from — though he added he wasn't accusing Clemens of anything.

"I have no problem with Clemens, I just get tired of everybody knocking Barry [Bonds] or anybody else's workout but they glorify who they want to glorify as far as their workout routine and try to make it more superior than the next guy," said Sheffield, who has had to curtail his weight lifting due to a painful left shoulder that may require postseason surgery.

"What it all boils down to is that you can only work out for so long to get the results you want. Everybody drinks protein shakes and takes vitamins. You don't last that long by drinking Cokes."

Sheffield, who testified for the BALCO grand jury, admits to being jaded about being asked whose program is better.

"I am," he said. "I didn't start working out until a couple of years ago. Barry came at me from the standpoint that do you want to play until you are 40 or longer than that. And so far I have been able to play 162-game seasons and playoffs and I feel rejuvenated. You play for longevity and you do things so that your body can recover the next day.

"Whatever that is from a legal standpoint, that's what you do. From [Clemens'] situation, he has been in the playoffs of late and you have to have your ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^body recover."

How many people think Sheff was assuming it was a race deal?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Oh for Christ sakes, of course he was....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Sheffield blames Clemens for juicing?

I do!
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Re: Sheffield blames Clemens for juicing?

heh heh. maybe it's a BALCO deal, gary! you know, you and barry get involved with the company that "occasionally" dishes out steriods, and you're gonna get questioned...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Blaming it on BALCO would be to easy....

and Clemens has been a workout freak from day one...since his arm surgeries as a youngster...

I remember an interview he did in 1986...during the Buckner year...talking about not having time to do anything but make sure he pitches until his 40's....
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• High Life Man
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Sheffield is an asshole. Always has been. A little cunt in fact.

I hope he sits on a hot poker and it punctures his brain.

God damn baby.

Comment

Working...