X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roth is king
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jul 2004

The End Of Van Halen Was In 1996

First off even though i just registered i have been reading this web site and forum for a long time.

I am a big van halen fan, but mainly of the roth era. I never had the privilege of seeing the original van halen, because i was only 7 when they toured last.

But i can remember as a kid seeing panama, jump, hot for teach videos an loving the music.

So as i got older i got all the cds. and even listened to the van hagar shit that stunk up the radio.

So in the summer of 1996 when i hear that van halen has reunited with diamond dave i was all pumped up i was like yeah.

Funny thing i have a friend who isnt into music at all, but when i popped in van halen with dave, he loved it.

So we all get pumped up for this big reunion and tour,

I thought me wise magic, and cant get this stuff no more were great songs.

better than any of the shit hagar put out.

and bam , then alex and eddie says dave it ouf of the band.

now lets see what has happened since then.

van halen gets dropped from warner brothers

van halen 3 barely goes gold.

van halens new tour is the least successful of any tour ever done in the bands history.

Eddie and Alex just dont understand, after they dropped dave again.

they lost almost all there fans , and doomed the band known as

van halen.

The only way van halen will even be successful again, is to reunite with

the man who got them there and that is David Lee Roth.

If not well then i hope they saved there money cause they will not ever

be successful again.
  • rockvanhalen66
    Foot Soldier
    • Jun 2004

all them dudes are paid./// this is not the end of vh
    long live van halen

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
      all them dudes are paid./// this is not the end of vh
      I agree Bro, handsomely paid! But, I agree that they aren't going to regain the past glory with the Spamman! Their original fans (most, you are really an exception) were so turned off by the debacle of 1996 that they've all but written them off. And the fans they gained with Spammy has dwindled due to their long hiatus and shabby treatment of the red rocker. Have you checked out the thread with Ed's rant towards a Cleveland journalist? Its rather disturbing!

Comment

• Wayne L.

The end of Van Halen is when Eddie Van Halen plays his last chord because it's HIS band!!!

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

ACTUALLY........

Actually the end of Van Halen was in 1985. You just missed it.. by 11 years.
          DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

The brothers blew it in 1996. They had a great opportunity to bring back the magic just 11 years after they broke up.

Even if the speculation is right and they do reunite next year, they missed their great chance. I still hope they do it though. They never toured Down Under with Dave so I've never seen the real VH live.

But Eddie's recent bizarre behaviour is leading me to believe it will never happen.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
              The end of Van Halen is when Eddie Van Halen plays his last chord because it's HIS band!!!
              drop the one note dude, please.
              <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

Re: The End Of Van Halen Was In 1996

Originally posted by Roth is king
                First off even though i just registered i have been reading this web site and forum for a long time.
                Welcome,
                Glad you enjoy the site. Feel free to post more. Good post. I agree. 1996 was a big F-up for VH. Let's hope for the future.

Comment

Working...