PDA

View Full Version : When is DLR gonna remaster his back catalog?

ModernDayWarior
07-19-2004, 05:25 PM
I'd like to see his solo stuff remastered with some bonus tracks would be cool. Especially EEAS.

diamondD
07-19-2004, 08:08 PM
As cool as that would be, I bet Warner Bros wouldn't do it unless there was a VH reunion. If Dave was any kind of hold up on the reunion, especially over the contract renegotiations that he was suing for, they probably don't have much interest.

Panamark
07-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Great Question ! I dont think anyone has posed this one before. (Well not that I remember anyway). I agree with DiamondD unless Dave does something big commercially, its not likely to happen..

Big Troubles
07-19-2004, 11:47 PM
2006 will mark 20 years. That's pretty cool. He should be putting out a studio cd in due time though. He needs to recover from the cover album quickly, then tour some new stuff for awhile then remaster his EEAS CD. ;)

TwoFoolsAMinute
07-20-2004, 03:32 AM
These things happen more easily for a band like Van Halen who have recorded for one record company through the bulk of their career. DLR solo has recorded for what...WB, Rhino, Magna Carta, Reprise, and WaWaZat. Of course, I think these all may be divisions of Time Warner, in which case, I might be talking out my ass. Anyhow, EEAS, Skyscraper, and ALAE are all WB, so we could start there. Seeing how pretty much everything after that went to the cutout bin pretty fast. I don't see a remaster thing happening unless, as has been stated, theres some interest in David Lee Roth generated that's gonna sell records.

Halen High
07-20-2004, 07:05 AM
A remastered version of the DLR Band CD with some bonus tracks from those sessions would be very cool.

Warham
07-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Loved that CD. Wished Slam Dunk could have been mixed a little better. I remember them saying they remixed it after the initial single was released, but I hardly noticed a difference. Great stuff anyway.

Bad Muthafucker
07-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Rhino & Reprise are, in fact, divisions of Warner Bros. So i don't think Dave would have a problem there. Also, Wawazat!! is owned by Dave, so the only negotiating that Dave would have to do is with Magna Carta. Hopefully we'll see something new from him in the near future other than just appearances on VH-1's "I Love The 90's". I'm absolutely dying for a full-length album of NEW material written by Dave & his band.