Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wooda

Open Challenge To Sarge:

Sarge,

With all due respect, I can remember coming to these sites just looking around to see what’s what, and never thinking twice about making a post. Then I started to get a little put off by the absence of fact contained in much of the postings, and then it dawned on me why?

The MOD’s were barely even thought of when VH once and for all indelibly stamped good time Rock & Roll on the Classic rock map. These guys have no fathom of a clue as to what it all really means? They have not one shred of understanding that 5150 has more in common with Survivor than it does Classic VH, and that is why I made a conscientious choice of going with DDLR. The MOD’s do their job. They don’t censure and or otherwise move content unless it truly belongs elsewhere. No that doesn’t mean the dump.

These guys should interject threads with useful information that stimulates our brain and makes us want to hear those songs again, or search for every last tid bit of information on how it all came to pass.

Now for the challenge: I have attached 2 links to content at the DDLR site. Within the first one is a neat little scrap of info on how Gene Simmons came to see VH, and the second is just clarifying some misrepresented facts, and there’s plenty more where that came from.

My challenge is simple, have your MOD’s come up with something of merit or value that comes close to the kind of factual content we have at DDLR, or DE-MOD or move them into something a little more suited to their expertise, then let Me, Sesh, Vaughn, etc…. show you what real historians could do to help people understand the majestic beauty of real VH that thing we all know and love.

If your guys can really cut the mustard, and go toe to toe, then I will issue an open apology for anything I may have said and/or done to compromise or otherwise spoil the atmosphere at the DLR ARMY and you can ban me, and the rest of our guys for the life of your site.

The recent feuds would never have happened if somebody of your dignity were minding the ship 24/7 instead of guys like Big Troubles or Pete. I fully understand that your 100% participation is not an option, but none the less something has to give. There is already VHLINK’S too many.

This should in no way shape or form be viewed as the start of a war between two sites, but rather a means to calm the storm and get back to helping DLR kick the peoples ASS!

• ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Your challenge is stupid...

Comment

• pete
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

To the dump with you and your tainted brood.

Comment

• wooda

Move this thread, and you are just sealing your fate at the ARMY!!

Comment

• TLR
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

wooda = pompous ass

I appreciate your generosity and willingness to educate me as to why I should love something. Oh, wait...I ALREADY love DLR. Thanks, but no thanks.

Let me educate YOU on something...As I said before, you are like that piece of gum on my shoe...irritating at first, but you hope it eventually just goes away.

Comment

• pete
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by wooda
            Move this thread, and you are just sealing your fate at the ARMY!!
            I'm scared.

you fucking wuss.

I've posted reviews and all kinds of shit VH related.

I am a fan.
            and aprofessional musician.

kiss my ass.

seal my fate. throw this in the dump.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

DDLR took up the slack when the army was down. Did a fine job, too.

But this site aint DDLR.com. Just as much misinformation and terminal sheep posters allowed to permeate threads and posts over there as there is here, along with just as much nonsensical gibberish.

Let's not get holier-than-thou about DDLR.com. Glass houses, etc.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• wooda

All right somebody is showing heart!!!

But sadly I didn't ask about heart. I issued a challange and so far just more of the same and as expected no takers.

Besides I issued the challange to Sarge, so let's let him decide what you guys will and won't be doing with this thread or your fine attitude towards your peers!

OK, time to sleep you guys have at it and with any hope in the morning I will see something fresh and meaningful about Classic VH that will make some new fan want to become a full fledged fan

Oh, and Pete, I will take you on in a guitar or any other challenge any time you wish

Comment

• PHOENIX
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

This thread should me moved to Feedback!

Comment

• pete
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

All right somebody is showing heart!!!

But sadly I didn't ask about heart. I issued a challange and so far just more of the same and as expected no takers.

Besides I issued the challange to Sarge, so let's let him decide what you guys will and won't be doing with this thread or your fine attitude towards your peers!

OK, time to sleep you guys have at it and with any hope in the morning I will see something fresh and meaningful about Classic VH that will make some new fan want to become a full fledged fan

Oh, and Pete, I will take you on in a guitar or any other challenge any time you wish
                    Anyone as idiotic as you can not have the creative edge to even carry my guitars.

that said. send me an mp3 and i'll send you one.

I work in studios so you'll dig the quality.

Comment

• wooda

This thread should stay put until Sarge decides what should be done with it!

Comment

• pete
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

the FABarmy speaks.

misposted by our new genius.

Comment

• PHOENIX
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

This thread should stay put until Sarge decides what should be done with it!
                          No it has no business being here. It should either have been a PM to him or posted in the Feedback forum.

Comment

• wooda

Originally posted by pete
                            Anyone as idiotic as you can not have the creative edge to even carry my guitars.
                            Is this what people come to the ARMY for? I issue a simple challange, and all you can do is further insult DDLR?

Name the place for the guitar challange, and underestimating your oponent can be very costly

Comment

• wooda

Originally posted by PHOENIX
                              No it has no business being here. It should either have been a PM to him or posted in the Feedback forum.
                              No, let the people see what kind of shit you are peddling!!!

Why don't you guys stop worring about the game you already lost and get back to promoting Dave.

Comment

Working...