X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samsonite
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2004

Anybody get the new CD yet?

I just went to the store and bought it. I asked the cashier if any others had come through...he said about 3 came through his line. Keep in mind this was about 12:30. Anybody else buy it?
  • evhfan
    Banned
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Samsonite
    I just went to the store and bought it. I asked the cashier if any others had come through...he said about 3 came through his line. Keep in mind this was about 12:30. Anybody else buy it?
    so what does that mean...3 people...most people work right now and can't run out to get it...3 people in any particular store through any particular line sounds pretty good to me...

Comment

• Samsonite
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2004

It was also at Best Buy...where there was about 6 lines open.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
        Commando
        • Apr 2004

Why?

Please explain WHY you bought the thing?
        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Can a mod please rename this thread

THE SHEEP PEN!

Comment

• BrownSound1
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

First off, why would I buy that album when most of the shit that's on there was on Best Of Volume 1? Hell the only reason I bought BOV1 was for MWM and CGTSNM...I got all of the other shit on there already.

Comment

• General Hina
              Sniper
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Brownsound1
              First off, why would I buy that album when most of the shit that's on there was on Best Of Volume 1? Hell the only reason I bought BOV1 was for MWM and CGTSNM...I got all of the other shit on there already.
              Because it has more Dave stuff and lots of Sammy stuff that hasn't been remastered yet. The packaging is cool too.

Over and Out,
              General Hina

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                Commando
                • Apr 2004

What market are you in? Cinci? Columbus?

Seems about the clip I'd expect for this... there is no mainstream mass appeal at work for the release. Next to zero... just a handful of hardcores dying to hear anything new from Ed, even if it IS the drizzling shits. And, what a price to pay for those 3 pieces of drizzling shit...

Anyway, I'm in a fairly small medium market, and you know what? After thinking about it I remember that our local Best Buy here sold out of all 12 initial copies of Diamond Dave when it was released, first day (a thursday) according to the asst. manager when I asked why it wasn't in stock on Friday night. I hated to have to wait another week, and no way am I trying to say the thing went platinum (nor will BOBW), but it was kind of a pleasant surprise to see that much "true fan" interest in a market this size for first day release of a DLR solo effort in 2003.
                <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• 5150Clown
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

Buying that CD is like contributing to terrorism. Won't waste my time or money. I've got the classics.....they can keep that new crap.
                  "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

QUOTE]Originally posted by 5150Clown
                    Buying that CD is like contributing to terrorism. Won't waste my time or money.[/QUOTE]

Spot on, brother.

Spot on.

Comment

• 5150Clown
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2004

sho is......that CD is the final nail on the coffin and if you buy it, you're saying...Yeah...dave was great, but that's old news....Sammy is VH and the future of VH.

So buy it at your own risk.

Me....not buy, not go to concert.
                      "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Wonder how much of Dave is actually in the booklet. There I just wasted 5 seconds of my life thinking about the CD.........done now.

Comment

• Vanstonica
                          Roadie
                          • Jun 2004

Someone here at work bought it. It seriously mentions Dave once or twice on the liner notes. That's it.

Why would anyone buy it for the "Remastered" Roth years....those are already available??

Comment

• Samsonite
                            Head Fluffer
                            • May 2004

There isn't a booklet...

I live next to Cleveland for whoever asked....

Comment

• General Hina
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2004

There isn't a booklet...

I live next to Cleveland for whoever asked....
                              Yes there is. It slides out of the top of the middle section/panel.

Hina knows all

Comment

Working...