X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLRdelight!
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Van Halen vs. Van Hagar

I think what they should have done with this so called Best Of Both Words set is release them in two. Like they should have made a two disc set of all Dave, and another of all Sam. Without a shadow of a doubt the Dave set would have blown the Sammy set away, but that way it would have showed Ed what the people really want and shoe the Sam gaygar fans that dave is better
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Actually.....what I would of liked is some bonus material.

What in the hell are they thinking putting Dave era songs with Sammy singing them live.

Now, if they had put out a Greatest Hits Package that included some live DLR VH....I would pay for it.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
      Veteran
      • Jul 2004

agreed

Comment

• DLRdelight!
        Veteran
        • Jul 2004

i actuall expected the cd to have some bonus stuff you know, atleast sumthin, but once again they let the fans down

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Spammy singing Dave's songs give me a break.What happened to the three songs done back in 2000 with Dave?
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

They totally missed the boat with this. How hard would it have been to put some Dave live tracks or something on the album?! Then they would have been able to reel us Dave fans in, increasing the sales big time. Morons.

Comment

• thefive

It would be hard for me to buy an album with Sammy and Dave on it even if it had 6 live songs with Dave. I would just download it off of the internet the Dave songs. I know this is what I would do. I cannot support Sammy. I buy all of Dave's cds at the stores.

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I want to know who makes these decisions ? The band themselves ?
                I agree with Bill. They have really missed the boat. The idea of having two seperate CD's is good too. But hey, even the cover should showcase their whole career with pics of the original band too..

Did they seriously think those photos represent the history of Van Halen ?? They are as messed up as the 7000 people they attract
                each concert...
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

I agree with that, having no photos of the oringinal band is super disrespectful to themselves, and puttin three live tracks of daves tunes sung by dammy is total disrespect, they had a chance to make some things right but then they just go and screw it up again

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                    I want to know who makes these decisions ? The band themselves ?
                    I agree with Bill. They have really missed the boat. The idea of having two seperate CD's is good too. But hey, even the cover should showcase their whole career with pics of the original band too..

Did they seriously think those photos represent the history of Van Halen ?? They are as messed up as the 7000 people they attract
                    each concert...
                    The entire package reprsents those two ass-pipes Ed van Crackhead and his sister Shemp! The cover looks like another VH tribute Cd featuring '80's LA hacks covering Dave era VH.
                    Not having ANY pictures of Dave is yet another CHILDISH attempt by Alex/SHEMP Van Halen to try an minumize DAVID LEE ROTH's roll in the band and to keep new YOUNG fans from digging back into the VH catalog. They are desperate to keep any potential fan (12-20, the age group that tradditionaly buys the most music) from discovering the 1978-85 era of the band! They'll given 'em the music, hell, thats what sells! But don't let them know the obvious: DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN!!!

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Alex is a cunt, and Eddie is his bitch.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Through all the shit, Dave still respects the band.

Remember pics of the real band recently at his website ??

So who are the paranoid bitches ???
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Get Bent Please
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jul 2004

I think Dave is proud of the legacy he will leave behind, while the band he fronted will always be scrambling and worrying about staying on top. too bad really. Could've been great after 1984.

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

I love 1984. The album and the year. Good mammaries.

Comment

• WACF
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

It is like Eddie does not want to acknowledge the past glory.

Even he knows live VH with Roth would blow the doors off anything with live Sammy.

Could be he does not want to hear himself rip it up like used to live...

Comment

Working...